Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Museum Items

Comments

• Options
    Invoice from West Ham for Mike Small

• Options
    Invoice from Osca for replica shirts 1984

£6.85  each plus VAT

Would now sell for £100s

• Options

£6.85  each plus VAT

Would now sell for £100s

Home one on ebay at the moment.

Only 12 ordered, wonder how many white ones ended up being sold, rarely see them now. 
  • Options
    Talal said:

£6.85  each plus VAT

Would now sell for £100s

Only 12 ordered, wonder how many white ones ended up being sold, rarely see them now. 
    I had one that got auctioned on here a few years ago for the upbeats 
  • Options
    Very, very rare 1923 reserve programme purchased at auction.

Seems the game was played at Catford which is odd because reserve games were still being played at the Valley.

Does anybody here have the gall to bid against the Museum?
  • Options
    Talal said:

£6.85  each plus VAT

Would now sell for £100s

I had one that got auctioned on here a few years ago for the upbeats 
    Yeah remember seeing it in an old thread. 

Lucky to have one myself thanks to another Lifer but haven't seen one on ebay or anything in the last 4 or 5 years. 
  • Options
    Very, very rare 1923 reserve programme purchased at auction.

Seems the game was played at Catford which is odd because reserve games were still being played at the Valley.

Does anybody here have the gall to bid against the Museum?
    Sadly, yes.

We were surprised that a Spurs fan didn't out bid us.
  • Options
    Takes me back to the late '80's and a school trip to Poole where I found some weird little ornament of a nut in a Charlton shirt and the inscription "Charlton nut" at the bottom.  I of course snapped it up but no idea where it ended up, a strange item to find anywhere let alone in a shop in Poole.
    Something like this?
  • Options

Love the phone number…….Lee Green 54. 👌
  • Options
    edited February 4
    If you’re looking for somewhere to house surplus museum items there’s an empty cabinet in the Valley Gold executive box?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 4

£6.85  each plus VAT

Would now sell for £100s

That’s interesting. I used to live in Kidbrooke Grove until the mid-70s. As far as I am aware it was entirely residential property and believe it still is. Assume someone was selling sportswear from their home.
  • Options
    @Stuart_the_Red

Charlton Athletic Museum
    The Valley
    Floyd Road
    Charlton 
    SE7 8BL

Looking forward to getting them.
    Hi Henry,
    just tried to message you without success.
    I’ve popped those Matryoshka dolls in the post today. Sorry for the delay, but we’re in the process of moving houses and haven’t had time.
    There’s no accompanying note or anything apart from the dolls and some packing materials.
    No idea how long it will take.
  • Options
    Cheers 

Admin try to stop people contacting me as they are jealous 

Try @Henry Irving when inboxing
  • Options
    Takes me back to the late '80's and a school trip to Poole where I found some weird little ornament of a nut in a Charlton shirt and the inscription "Charlton nut" at the bottom.  I of course snapped it up but no idea where it ended up, a strange item to find anywhere let alone in a shop in Poole.
    Something like this?

Ha yes, very similar to what I remember. Always had assumed it was a one of a kind and home made!
  • Options
    Thanks @Stuart_the_Red All arrived staff and sound image
  • Options
    Another great donation for a lifer @charlton4ever Cheers Chris

1940/50s pin badge

• Options

You can break the history of  Charlton Women's FC into 3 eras

The post 2007 era when the Community Trust took control after board cut the funding following the men's relegation.

The 2000 to 2007 era when Croydon WFC became Charlton and were very successful.

And the often now unacknowledged pre-2000 era. This is a women's programme from the earlier era. 

Millwall were one of the top female teams at the time.  No idea of the result so of anyone knows let us know.
  • Options
    Come on you could look in you programme collection 😀
  • Options
    I don't have a programme collection!

Badges and handbooks only.

Slowly, the museum is digitisating its programme collection I don't have it at my fingertips.

Too busy researching 1960s trips to Belgium, Holland, Germany and Italy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

£6.85  each plus VAT

Would now sell for £100s

That’s interesting. I used to live in Kidbrooke Grove until the mid-70s. As far as I am aware it was entirely residential property and believe it still is. Assume someone was selling sportswear from their home.
    Drugs front
  • Options
    edited February 18

The post 2007 era when the Community Trust took control after board cut the funding following the men's relegation.

And the often now unacknowledged pre-2000 era. This is a women's programme from the earlier era. 

Millwall were one of the top female teams at the time.  No idea of the result so of anyone knows let us know.
    The original Charlton Ladies played on for a couple more years after the Croydon merger. They were always independent of the club and as far as I know our support for them basically only extended to letting them use the kit and perhaps steering girls towards them. They were still in the South East Combination, a couple of levels below the new Charlton, in 2001/2 but went down that season and if I remember right they folded the following year. I have a copy of a write-up of their history somewhere.

Edit: The Web Archive to the rescue (this would have been written in 2001/2): 
    https://web.archive.org/web/20020512115437/http://www.secombination.org.uk/charlton.htm
  • Options

Slowly, the museum is digitisating its programme collection I don't have it at my fingertips.

Well if you need help in your research or hands on the ground ,you only have to ask.
  • Options

Well if you need help in your research or hands on the ground ,you only have to ask.
    Always need more help so thanks
  • Options

Wasn't Deb Browne involved in Charlton Ladies in the 90s? I remember watching one if their matches at SL.
  • Options
    Busy day at the museum today with lots of donations and visitors.

Always nice to welcome Nicky Johns back to the museum 
  • Options
    Great donation from the women's team of three match worn shirts. 

Trying to build up our collection of women's items.
  • Options
    Looking forward to digitising this video and finding out what the presentation and footage is.

Will be on our YouTube channel ASAP

Also want to know who Dad, Bob and Richard are?