Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non-Charlton January Transfers 2018 Thread (Deadline Day Page 6)

Comments

• Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42867615

West Brom sign Sturridge on loan. A great signing IF they can keep him fit.

That's an amazing signing for West Brom, I'm stunned by that!
  • Options

A front 3 of Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, and Alexandre Lacazette contains the most letters of any forward line in the club's history. Wenger is clearly making the big name signings all the fans wanted.

I doubt whether Wenger would play all 3 together.
  • Options
    Mahrez hands in transfer request. City for £60m.

• Options
    Puts into perspective how good the Aubamayang deal will be for around the same sort of money
  • Options

Mahrez hands in transfer request. City for £60m.

Leicester will really miss him if he goes.
    IMO probably the player with the best first touch in the PL at the moment
  • Options

Signed for Barcelona B. Was at Arsenal. Born in Greenwich
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Kevin van Veen has joined Northampton from Scunthorpe for an undisclosed fee. Very surprised Scunthorpe have let him go.

Yeah that one really shocked me...

Gives me quite a bit of hope of catching Scunthorpe now; keep Josh Morris (Why wont anyone sign him???) quiet when they visit the Valley and that is a beatable team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Will this Aubayemang signing go,through or not?

And what about Mayrez to City?
  • Options

Will this Aubayemang signing go,through or not?

And what about Mayrez to City?

Reckon the first will happen around the afternoon - Mahrez will be the transfer for Jim White to discuss up until 11pm and then nothing to happen
  • Options
    MkDons brought two in on loan yesterday, Elliot Ward from Blackburn and Josh Tymon from Stoke
  • Options

MkDons brought two in on loan yesterday, Elliot Ward from Blackburn and Josh Tymon from Stoke

Although not in the same level as Julian Gray, Hayden Mullins or Darren Purse, Ward is a player who has been linked with us at various times since his days as a youngster at West Ham. Indeed his brother had a brief spell with us.
  • Options
    our play off pushing rivals from down the medway are looking to do a fair bit of business today...

Gillingham chairman Paul Scally told BBC Radio Kent:

“We are trying to pull a couple of players in. We are working on the Sean Clare deal, getting Sheffield Wednesday to release him, but that is proving some challenge.

“He has gone back there and is out of contract in the summer but they are not willing to let him go yet.

“We had a late night phone call on Tuesday night that might change things. We have got two or three other deals we are looking at.”
  • Options

Kevin van Veen has joined Northampton from Scunthorpe for an undisclosed fee. Very surprised Scunthorpe have let him go.

Yeah that one really shocked me...

Gives me quite a bit of hope of catching Scunthorpe now; keep Josh Morris (Why wont anyone sign him???) quiet when they visit the Valley and that is a beatable team
    They turned down £4m for him this time last year as well.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11725/10750066/scunthorpe-united-reject-offer-for-kevin-van-veen-from-chinese-super-league
  • Options

Signed for Barcelona B. Was at Arsenal. Born in Greenwich
    It's an interesting recent development, young British players moving to European clubs. I guess it's a sign that the PL academies are now producing much better players than they used to
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Aubayemang is proper quality. Have watched a lot of him over the last few years and he’ll be a great signing for the Gooners.

Something doesn’t quite add up with this fee of £60m though. That is ridiculously cheap in the current market.

Questions over his attitude mainly.
    He's a quality player though.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Aubayemang is proper quality. Have watched a lot of him over the last few years and he’ll be a great signing for the Gooners.

Something doesn’t quite add up with this fee of £60m though. That is ridiculously cheap in the current market.

Questions over his attitude mainly.
    He's a quality player though.
    Fit in well at Arsenal then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aubameyang to Arsenal made official, don’t really get what could have lured him in.
  • Options

Aubameyang to Arsenal made official, don’t really get what could have lured him in.

Erm something like £250k pw?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Hates spurs? ;)
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Surely Chelsea, City (not that they need him) United, Real, Barca, PSG etc. could match that and more, plus actually have a chance in europe in the next few years.
  • Options
    Really don't understand why it took so long for Aubameyang to come to England.

Especially for it to be Arsenal to make that move... Should fit in at any top six club surely
  • Options
    edited January 2018

JohnBoyUK said:

Surely Chelsea, City (not that they need him) United, Real, Barca, PSG etc. could match that and more, plus actually have a chance in europe in the next few years.
    Well exactly that but no one came in for him (apart from Arsenal) which is a big surprise!
  • Options
    From the BBC
    Love a last minute scramble on deadline day.

I understand that four Premier League clubs are chasing Nick Powell of Wigan Athletic - Brighton, Bournemouth, Swansea and Crystal Palace are all keen.
  • Options

From the BBC

Love a last minute scramble on deadline day.

I understand that four Premier League clubs are chasing Nick Powell of Wigan Athletic - Brighton, Bournemouth, Swansea and Crystal Palace are all keen.
    Good... I like him as a player and him leaving Wigan could hurt them
  • Options
    Not a transfer, but Ozil has signed a new deal at Arsenal