Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non-Charlton January Transfers 2018 Thread (Deadline Day Page 6)

Comments

• Options
    21:30 Devante Cole [Fleetwood - Wigan] Undisclosed
  • Options
    21:31 Reece Burke [West Ham - Bolton] Loan
  • Options
    ross1 said:

21:30 Devante Cole [Fleetwood - Wigan] Undisclosed

Only makes them stronger. A good signing and someone who in an ideal world we would at least be looking at. The upside is I hope they run away with the league and best everyone they play because we've already played them twice.

Also, they lost Toney, so is he just a direct replacement for him or have they gotten another forward in as well?
  • Options
    Shocked by the lack of activity at Southampton. Don't they realise they're in the bottom 3
  • Options
    21:40 Sam Mantom [Scunthorpe - Southend] Loan
  • Options
    21:40 Marnick Vermijl [Preston - Scunthorpe] Loan
  • Options
    21:46 Ryan Allsop [Bournemouth - Lincoln] Loan
  • Options
    Big Sam blaming Ade for his move. Saying he didn't want him to go but he forced it through. Good in the kid, get away and play over in Germany for 6 months
  • Options
    ross1 said:

21:00 Gary Madine [Bolton - Cardiff] About £6m

No way!!!! Laugh out bloody loud! Football transfer fees going to pot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Allardyce saying Lookman had a few options but chose Germany.
  • Options

Shocked by the lack of activity at Southampton. Don't they realise they're in the bottom 3

Their problem is the manager not the players.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Good on him. Prague makes the point that homesickness is a worry, but by all accounts both here and listening to his teammates talk about him, Ade sounds like a humble, grounded young man. I love that instead of going to somewhere like Brighton and slugging it out in a relegation battle, or Villa like his U-20 teammate Onomah or Forest like Kieran Dowell, he's chosen to go to Germany and play in an exciting attacking team full of young talent who are trying to get back into the Champions League places.

If I were Gareth Southgate I'd be watching him closely.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Lookman looks like he’s on the move to RB Leipzig on loan.

weird move imo. young lad shipped out to a foreign team. I would have thought staying in England & joining a lower Premiership side (Brighton) or a top 8 Championship side might have served him better
    The fact that you think he'd be better off at a top 8 Championship side instead of a team a point outside the Champions League places in the Bundesliga playing with loads of internationals (Werner, Keita, Forsburg, Poulson, Kampl, etc) is everything wrong with English football these days (it's not obviously, but it's a ridiculous comment).
    sorry, I don't take an interest in European football & wouldn't even know what league they were in. Just think it sad that a 20 year old with limited football experience will be spending the next 3 months away from home without any friends or family. Think back to some of the dross we signed over the past 4 years (pete the pole etc) and wonder if part of the reason they didn't shine may have been that they suddenly found themselves in a strange country, surrounded by people speaking a different language & not knowing anyone at all.
  • Options
    I hope Ademola likes Red Bull...
  • Options

SDAddick said:

weird move imo. young lad shipped out to a foreign team. I would have thought staying in England & joining a lower Premiership side (Brighton) or a top 8 Championship side might have served him better
    The fact that you think he'd be better off at a top 8 Championship side instead of a team a point outside the Champions League places in the Bundesliga playing with loads of internationals (Werner, Keita, Forsburg, Poulson, Kampl, etc) is everything wrong with English football these days (it's not obviously, but it's a ridiculous comment).
    sorry, I don't take an interest in European football & wouldn't even know what league they were in. Just think it sad that a 20 year old with limited football experience will be spending the next 3 months away from home without any friends or family. Think back to some of the dross we signed over the past 4 years (pete the pole etc) and wonder if part of the reason they didn't shine may have been that they suddenly found themselves in a strange country, surrounded by people speaking a different language & not knowing anyone at all.
    Okay, well I guess I just hope you have that same level of empathy the next time we sign a foreign player who doesn't settle right away.
  • Options
    Omar Bogle signs for Peterborough.
  • Options

Probably for less than he went for last time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Okay, well I guess I just hope you have that same level of empathy the next time we sign a foreign player who doesn't settle right away.
    Golfie and Fat Sam are little Englanders. Neither stop to think about why it is that hardly any British players move abroad, and even fewer make it work - yet England is full of foreign players, from all kinds of countries, who do just that. We've got a BFG, FFS.
    What do they think? that all these players have university degrees and speak English fluently?

Actually I have been reading a few Everton fans saying that they are suspicious that the whole homesickness thing has been overdone or simply invented by the club (although I am still not sure, I think I first heard it before the Fat One arrived).

I think you are right, this shows that Ademola is a very impressive young man. Damn it, i'm going to have to look favourably for RBL's results now.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Good on him. Prague makes the point that homesickness is a worry, but by all accounts both here and listening to his teammates talk about him, Ade sounds like a humble, grounded young man. I love that instead of going to somewhere like Brighton and slugging it out in a relegation battle, or Villa like his U-20 teammate Onomah or Forest like Kieran Dowell, he's chosen to go to Germany and play in an exciting attacking team full of young talent who are trying to get back into the Champions League places.

He was supposed to be going to Derby apparently, where you would assume he'd have got plenty of games in a side going for promotion, and would've also been fairly close to London to travel 'home' when he could.

Now he's gone to a country where he won't know a soul and i can't see how he gets too many games there. If he can't get games for Everton then how's he going to get games for a top 4 side in Germany who have internationals like Keita, Werner, Poulsen, Forsberg and Bruma in their attacking positions?
  • Options

Bloody hell, Marriott, Bogle and Maddison is very threatening in this division.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Bloody hell, Marriott, Bogle and Maddison is very threatening in this division.
    Dunno where he'd fit in though.

Peterborough usually play 4-3-3 with Marriott playing through the middle.

Be madness for them to change that tact, especially with him scoring so freely this season
  • Options

SDAddick said:

He was supposed to be going to Derby apparently, where you would assume he'd have got plenty of games in a side going for promotion, and would've also been fairly close to London to travel 'home' when he could.

Now he's gone to a country where he won't know a soul and i can't see how he gets too many games there. If he can't get games for Everton then how's he going to get games for a top 4 side in Germany who have internationals like Keita, Werner, Poulsen, Forsberg and Bruma in their attacking positions?
    He didn't know a soul in Liverpool either, what's the difference? Don't tell me 'language', I need subtitles to understand Robinson. They look after people in Germany, and we know RBL were interested to sign him earlier. This isn't a casual move, I think they see it as win-win, if they can settle him in then they can seek to buy him off Everton knowing that he will be a success.

• Options

SDAddick said:

He didn't know a soul in Liverpool either, what's the difference? Don't tell me 'language', I need subtitles to understand Robinson. They look after people in Germany, and we know RBL were interested to sign him earlier. This isn't a casual move, I think they see it as win-win, if they can settle him in then they can seek to buy him off Everton knowing that he will be a success.

Everton have a number of England youth players who he'd have known.

I'm not saying RBL won't look after him, i'm saying i just don't see how he'll get many games when they have a number of quality attacking players already there.
  • Options
    Ademola Lookman: Everton winger joins RB Leipzig on loan against club's wishes

Ademola Lookman's "stubbornness" forced through a deadline-day loan move to RB Leipzig against Everton's wishes, says Toffees manager Sam Allardyce.

Lookman, 20, joined the German side on Wednesday on a deal until the end of the season, despite Allardyce saying earlier this week that he would not go.

"It is one of the most unusual situations I've been in," said Allarydce.

"We got some deals for him but he was adamant he chose Germany."

Allardyce says Everton tried to "persuade" Lookman not to make a move that he thinks is a "big challenge" for the player's development.

"His stubbornness meant he got his own way," said the former England manager. "I hope he proves us all wrong."
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I think it rather strange to suggest language is not an issue if you are unable to communicate.
    Perhaps Lookman can speak German, but if he cannot it is most definitely an issue, the only debatable point is how big an issue.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Ademola Lookman: Everton winger joins RB Leipzig on loan against club's wishes

Ademola Lookman's "stubbornness" forced through a deadline-day loan move to RB Leipzig against Everton's wishes, says Toffees manager Sam Allardyce.

Lookman, 20, joined the German side on Wednesday on a deal until the end of the season, despite Allardyce saying earlier this week that he would not go.

"It is one of the most unusual situations I've been in," said Allarydce.

"We got some deals for him but he was adamant he chose Germany."

Allardyce says Everton tried to "persuade" Lookman not to make a move that he thinks is a "big challenge" for the player's development.

"His stubbornness meant he got his own way," said the former England manager. "I hope he proves us all wrong."

I wonder what would benefit Lookman more? Playing in a country dedicated to developing young players with world calss coaching or sat on the bench for a manager who commits to clocking how long his side take on throw-ins.