Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options

I would like to see Ajose given a chance, i could see what he was trying to do on a few occasions, just didn't have luck on his side, this stupid commentators sterio comment "His got to hit the target", he was trying to place his chances but unfortunately not on goal. It is going to take a while for this club to turn around. What really does worry me is the boring, negative football we play, how we are 6th totally baffles me, probably sums up the standard of this league. Does anyone actually feel that we are capable of promotion playing this style of football? I am still more concerned about relegation Than giving any thought about top 6.

Jeez, don't you remember Slade's football?
  • Options

Incidentally, which page in the 2018 calendar was Holmes...

June...........a pic with Magennis. Sadly he latter will still be here then.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Sorry if mentioned elsewhere, but seeing a report that Murray today has announced officially that no funds will be available for any transfers this window and only loans will be allowed.

Exact quote...

"As everyone is aware, the owner is talking to various parties about a potential takeover and while that is ongoing he has said there will not be funds made available to bring players in on a permanent basis. With Ricky going, however, that does free up some space on the wage bill and Karl, [head of recruitment] Steve Gallen and the team will be looking at how best to utilise that.”
  • Options

Incidentally, which page in the 2018 calendar was Holmes...

June...........a pic with Magennis. Sadly he latter will still be here then.
    Oops

At least they had the foresight not to include Konsa in the calendar...
  • Options

I always feel gutted when our better/best players leave. Ricky is just another one joining Bonds, Glover, Mike Bailey, Walsh, Elliott, Lee, Parker, Bent, JBG, Lookman, Gomez etc. Holmes has left when we are in a play off place. Sad days again to be a Charlton fan.

oh behave, we lost Parker when we were 4th in Premier league in January and we got over th.....................
  • Options
    Good luck to him don’t blame him for getting out at his age to playas high and earn what he can in the short time he has.
  • Options

Good luck Ricky Holmes. Wish you all the best

And excellent work Richard Murray. We turned down 600k in summer and sold him for 400k now. Given the money goes out of the club and straight to Roland, we should have just given him away.

Probably upped his pay for the last few months as well. So KM/RD have lost both Chris Winder and Holmes to the Blades and KM is about a second reign of incompetence which I'm sure will help them as well. How long before operationpig asks to join the trips to Belgium?
  • Options
    Ajose is never going to play for Robinson in our system, just doesn't fit.

He would have to play in a 4-4-2 with the team set up to play pretty direct for him over the top and that is not KR's game.

Look at the season he scored those goals for Swindon, many of them were from balls over the top or from flick-ons.

Magennis is not really the ideal front player for us either, he is not quite mobile enough and I would prefer to see us have someone like Jason Roberts in his pomp, someone who had pace and power and was a real handful for the centre halves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant!
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Sorry if mentioned elsewhere, but seeing a report that Murray today has announced officially that no funds will be available for any transfers this window and only loans will be allowed.

Exact quote...

"As everyone is aware, the owner is talking to various parties about a potential takeover and while that is ongoing he has said there will not be funds made available to bring players in on a permanent basis. With Ricky going, however, that does free up some space on the wage bill and Karl, [head of recruitment] Steve Gallen and the team will be looking at how best to utilise that.”

Fucking hell, Richard Murray would try and spin a turd in to a trophy.

Great. Roland's prepared to sell our better players - those we have on decent contracts for the longer-term performance of the club - but it's OK because we may be able to afford to temporarily bring in a few young lads with no attachment to the club.

You were supposed to be the link to Charlton and the fans, that's the nonsense we were told at the time. Do one, Richard.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Fumbluff said:

“Teletext Holidays”, bloody hell I thought he’d gone to Sheffield not back in fudging time...
    Teletext has only just come out oop North. Mobile phones will be next.
    How dare you! We already have mobile phones - here’s mine.

Is that one of those new fangled pay as you go phones?
  • Options

Holmes was still playing non league football at the age of 23. He will be 31 before next season and will be joining a club, for more money and playing for a manager that believes in him. A club that has sent a clear signal to their supporters this week, by signing four players for almost £2m, that they want to get in the PL asap. He is leaving a club without direction and destined to be playing in the 3rd tier of English football once again next season.

Who, realistically, would stay given those circumstances?

He should have left in the summer. If he stayed due to broken promises by the club then he was nieve.
  • Options

Holmes was still playing non league football at the age of 23. He will be 31 before next season and will be joining a club, for more money and playing for a manager that believes in him. A club that has sent a clear signal to their supporters this week, by signing four players for almost £2m, that they want to get in the PL asap. He is leaving a club without direction and destined to be playing in the 3rd tier of English football once again next season.

Who, realistically, would stay given those circumstances?

He should have left in the summer. If he stayed due to broken promises by the club then he was nieve.
    Is a nieve like a sieve? Maybe without the holes?
  • Options
    Ajose will never play for us again all the time that Robinson is Manager. He might be brought back to be loaned out again.
  • Options
    TBF, we should never have signed him in the first place, the bloke had a pony tail ffs...not sure that signing for a team chasing promotion to the PL which signs 4 players in the January window is the right place for a 30 year old out of L1 to go to though. If they were to go up they will no doubt sign half a dozen players for the PL and reevaluate who from the promotion chasing squad they want to keep. Staying fit and uninjured, and playing and scoring over the next 4 months will be key to that outcome for him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Ajose will never play for us again all the time that Robinson is Manager. He might be brought back to be loaned out again.

He's definitely on his way back, why won't he play? @dickplumb
  • Options
    I reckon Konsa goes next and then Roland sells
  • Options
    If Ajose comes back that is the wages used up.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

dickplumb said:

He's definitely on his way back, why won't he play? @dickplumb
    Ajose went to Robinson and told him he didn't want to play for Charlton and wanted to go to Bury. If you look at Robinson's face when Ajose's name is mentioned, it tells you all you need to know about what Robinson thinks of him.
  • Options
    Well when you can't fill the bench maybe its time for a bit of man management and lip biting till you can.
  • Options
    agree Ajose will be loaned straight back out. Rumour is that Bury are paying most of his wages so why would we want him back if he's not going to play
  • Options

agree Ajose will be loaned straight back out. Rumour is that Bury are paying most of his wages so why would we want him back if he's not going to play

Which manager signed Ajose? Oh yea!
  • Options
    to be fair to Ajose I don't think there were too many moans when we signed him, hadn't he just scored something like 28 goals for Swindon the season before.....it just hasn't worked out for him and we've clearly never really played to his strengths
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options

Well when you can't fill the bench maybe its time for a bit of man management and lip biting till you can.

This.