Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

I am not going to diss Ajose, but to my mind he is a player best used as part of a front two and Robinson doesn't use such a system.

Not even fancied at bottom of the table Bury - and I think he earns a fair bit too?
  • Options
    Good luck to him. Infuriating at times when he ran down blind alleys or didn’t release the ball quick enough for that killer pass but he didn’t score many tap ins.
  • Options

seth plum said:

I am not going to diss Ajose, but to my mind he is a player best used as part of a front two and Robinson doesn't use such a system.

Not even fancied at bottom of the table Bury - and I think he earns a fair bit too?
    I read (i think on here) that he fell out with some at charlton because he was openly boasting about how much he is paid
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2018
    Ricky Holmes wanting to leave I can understand. He has a chance to play at a higher level for a club with a chance of promotion & away from an owner lacking ambition. He was a good player for Charlton, had a good engine on him and scored some great goals. I do not begrudge him a move and chance to play at a high level. I wish him luck. Not a perfect player by any stretch and Charlton will survive without him.

It is BS though that Duchatelet is selling without backing Robinson to get Carruthers in return. £350,000 is a drop in the ocean of debt. It fits into Duchatelet's general way of doing things throughout his time at Charlton. This is to sell the better players and replace them with cheaper / free / not so good ones. This is why Charlton are in League One & good / talented players want to move on to further their careers.
  • Options
    Isn't the key feature not the debt, but servicing the 3% interest on the debt? In which case £400,000 would have significance.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    There is so much testosterone fuelled anger (at Ricky, a bloke trying to do the best by his career) in the CAFC facebook group. Quite sad really.
  • Options
    Retrograde step as Holmes was one of (or the only one of) our squad who acted as a game changer. Still - from his point of view, given his age, it makes some sense. Reasonable chance he might make the Premiership next season if Sheffield United fire on all cylinders.

But for us? Hard to see the season now in a positive light. Promotion prospects probably gone. Drifting along until a take over happens/if it happens.

And £400k really doesn't seem enough.
  • Options

Retrograde step as Holmes was one of (or the only one of) our squad who acted as a game changer. Still - from his point of view, given his age, it makes some sense. Reasonable chance he might make the Premiership next season if Sheffield United fire on all cylinders.

But for us? Hard to see the season now in a positive light. Promotion prospects probably gone. Drifting along until a take over happens/if it happens.

And £400k really doesn't seem enough.

Refer to to my previous post on this thread. Not it ain't enough. But it does not matter what Sheffield are paying because it's going into Roland's coffers anyways.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

I'm weirdly not that bothered. We're in the real low ebbs of being involved in football as a club now and really I'm just waiting for it to blow over. Ricky Holmes is 30. In the years - and it will be years - it will take to pull the club out of the depths Roland has led it into Ricky wouldn't be a part of the team we might eventually one day be able to be proud of. Roland's still not gone now, he might still not go. He might still be around for years, and we can't start rebuilding until he's fully out. I think I've just sunk to a point where the whole thing is so depressing I can't even be too upset about stuff like this

Basically this. The whole place needs a clear out and a fresh start.

The only two people I'd definitely keep in the building are Chris Solly and Johnnie Jackson. The rest have some degree of attachment to the regime (some more than others).
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Says it all really. Top six and the owner sells our best attacking player. Even when there's a chance of promotion he's not interested.

I'd like to think it's more telling that he's likely to sell shortly.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Good authority. Fee nearer 300k than 400k.

I heard it was 350K
  • Options

In 2018 who the fuck books their holidays through teletext?!
    Clearly some people in Yorkshire are still stuck in the 90s.
  • Options
    'Undisclosed'. So, how much is going to come off our club's sale price after this 'flash sale' Roland?
  • Options
    I wish Ricky all the best & I think we would all do the same knowing that we're not going to get promoted this season & this club is going backwards not forwards.

He is a decent player & worth £750k rather than the other fees being reported on here. Scored some cracking goals & was one of the best players to watch. However, not much of a team player & his set pieces this season have been dreadful as has his crossing.

Can't see us bringing in anyone decent & still think we will finish around 8th - 10th.
  • Options

In 2018 who the fuck books their holidays through teletext?!
    CLB74
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Holmes going is hopefully going to pale into irrelevance with any news of a takeover.

I just about think we're too competent to go down now, even sans Rickaaaaaaay, so I'm happy to wait for a fresh approach from new ownership very soon, please.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    se9addick said:

Ferryman said:

the issue is at charlton holmes has a bit of clout regarding wages and we pay well for a league one club i believe, compared to a lot of the others, sheffield united granted can offer a higher level of football but also with living costs considerably lower they probably are offering less money, holmes probably has to weigh up shipping up to sheffield for a team where he might not start, compared to charlton where if hes fit he plays, if it doesnt go through because of rickys demands - then all those that thought he wasnt moving for the money were wrong.

Ricky's first Charlton deal was at 'the going rate for League One', but the silver lining with his wages available to Karl is that his improved deal since the summer was significantly higher.
    I'd take his wages now being available to KR with a gargantuan pinch of salt.

My prediction is that we'll be linked with a couple of players over the next couple of weeks but on Feb 1st KR or RM will release a statement saying "we just couldn't get them over the line but we're comfortable with squad we've got"
    & players coming back from injuries are like new signings :smiley:
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

My pager was playing up so I had to wait to get a fax about Holmes holding up his Teletext Holidays shirt.

Ceefax broke the news earlier, gutted
  • Options

Roland is like the kid who owns the football and takes it with him when he fooks off when his dinner is ready.

Something like this?

• Options
    Decent player but if he didn't leave now it would've been in the summer after another disappointing season. It's sad that these players want to leave, but can you blame them? There is no ambition here and hasn't been since Duchatelet took over. Whilst there is a take-over mooted, who knows when that's going to happen and without signings to bolster the squad, we aren't likely to get the promotion that Holmes and the other players want.

Good luck to him.
  • Options
    I thought teletext holidays had gone bust.
  • Options
    Replacement to be one of the following

Tom Soares on a season long loan
    Keith Peacock
    Shaun Newton as part of his community service

• Options
    The Alexi Sanchez, of league one has gone, we really are turning into the league one version of Arsenal.