Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    RedChaser said:

If KR really doesn't fancy Ajose maybe because of his attitude, then why would he want him back? I've no inside knowledge but there has got to be something that just doesn't endear the player to his manager. Personally I think Ajose is only bothered about himself and is not a team player so it's a no from me. Give Reeco or Umerah a chance.

Going on Karl's interview last week, there is not a cat in hell's chance of Ajose getting in the team whilst he is manager.
  • Options
    funny but his statement is similar to meries in regard football being different to a customer complaning in a restaurant, how comes he didnt take up the offer when offered 6 months ago - would it have anything to do with how well sheff utd are performing and how useless we are?.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

What does the second sentence mean?
    Think it’s meant to be ‘when a club agrees to sell you to take a fee’
  • Options
    Good authority. Fee nearer 300k than 400k.
  • Options

funny but his statement is similar to meries in regard football being different to a customer complaning in a restaurant, how comes he didnt take up the offer when offered 6 months ago - would it have anything to do with how well sheff utd are performing and how useless we are?.

Yeah thats my thought... Why not sign with Sheff Utd in the summer if he thought they were going places -
    Unless of course he wanted to see if Charlton would potentially be replacing them in the Championship next season!!
  • Options
    I find it astonishing that they think they can get away with selling our best player and stating outright that the funds will not be used to fund a replacement and not expect us to be outraged by this, take-over or not.

Like, they have even given up any pretence of trying to keep the fans onside or damage limitation in any way. What if the take-over collapses? (I pray it doesn't)

I've been pretty passive about the whole Ricky/transfer situation but the way it has been handled seems to be totally vindictive - taking less than offered in the summer says to me this is at least partially a revenge thing for RD, a parting shot before he goes.

We can't have to put up with this guy much longer.... can we?
  • Options

Yeah thats my thought... Why not sign with Sheff Utd in the summer if he thought they were going places -
    Unless of course he wanted to see if Charlton would potentially be replacing them in the Championship next season!!
    of course it is, roland is an asshole but ricky has some part to play in this, for me its quite clear he wanted to go, so thats up to him, as for them going pl i don't think he would cut it - but a man can dream. for me he never had the god like status for banging in a few good goals in league 1, imo he didnt give his all in every match and ive reflected that in my player marks afterwards. was a good player but no player is bigger than the club apparently this ponce is selling so we win, fuck off roland.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I honestly think the old will sell us the day the transfer window closes, out of spite.

Just off!
  • Options
    Good luck to him but this season its been hit and miss. If he doesn't want to be at charlton, i am glad he has gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope I am wrong, but I still cannot see him selling before the end of January
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    400k, I know he's 30 but has Roland not seen the transfer market recently?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Rumoured to be £400k in one paper - but they offered £650k in the summer when he only had one year left on his contract

Stunning piece of business

Admittedly he didn't hit those heights this season but he was still one of the few to get people out of their seats.

We'll recover but this takeover has to happen quickly. Not gutted tbh - I expect nothing more from us right now. The only positive is the number of positive soundbytes coming from the players after the weekend's win. It seems the siege mentality is there.....

It's never dull being a Charton fan

Like I said yesterday hitc are usually very poor for accuracy, so yes it could be £400K, but it could also be anything imo.
    In either case it makes bugger all difference to us.
  • Options

Let's face it, Holmes is a late bloomer, and time is against him. He was with Northampton for a year and a half before joining us (after demanding a transfer) and now has left us, also after a year and a half. Good luck to him, but he's never stayed long at any of his clubs
  • Options

se9addick said:

What does the second sentence mean?
    Think it’s meant to be ‘when a club agrees to sell you to take a fee’
    Ah right, thought it was a comment on selling off our young players !
  • Options

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed for Chef Wednesday.

Yup, Daisy preparing a £1.5m bid as we speak.
    On a four year contract with trebbled salary!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

“Teletext Holidays”, bloody hell I thought he’d gone to Sheffield not back in fudging time...
    Teletext has only just come out oop North. Mobile phones will be next.
  • Options

the issue is at charlton holmes has a bit of clout regarding wages and we pay well for a league one club i believe, compared to a lot of the others, sheffield united granted can offer a higher level of football but also with living costs considerably lower they probably are offering less money, holmes probably has to weigh up shipping up to sheffield for a team where he might not start, compared to charlton where if hes fit he plays, if it doesnt go through because of rickys demands - then all those that thought he wasnt moving for the money were wrong.

Ricky's first Charlton deal was at 'the going rate for League One', but the silver lining with his wages available to Karl is that his improved deal since the summer was significantly higher.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Piss poor fee.

Good
    And perhaps it's better that we didn't get to play Spurs away in the FA Cup or Roland would have trousered that money as well.
  • Options
    I think we've seen his best days
  • Options
    As far I am concerned we as a club have sold him for free. That is because Roland the fraudster will pocket all the money that Sheffield United have paid out. I wish Ricky well though as it may have been now or never at his age.
  • Options
    I am not going to diss Ajose, but to my mind he is a player best used as part of a front two and Robinson doesn't use such a system.
  • Options
    the club wont get a cent of this dosh ----- move on