Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Enjoy the bench at Bramall Lane Ricky.
  • Options
    Disappointed to see Ricky go of course, but I'm hoping it's because Roland is clawing back some cash before selling
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    If KR really doesn't fancy Ajose maybe because of his attitude, then why would he want him back? I've no inside knowledge but there has got to be something that just doesn't endear the player to his manager. Personally I think Ajose is only bothered about himself and is not a team player so it's a no from me. Give Reeco or UmeIrah Hanlan a chance.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Enjoy the bench at Bramall Lane Ricky.

Sadly I think we’ll see a much renewed Ricky now that he’s got the move he wanted. Can’t blame him but definitely think the shit show at the club effected his recent form and his desire for a move. Personally think he’ll help them get promoted and then be sold off to a Champ team.
  • Options
    Sad to see a reasonable player at our level leave to probably warm the bench at a championship club.

I guess he got more money but don't see him playing many games once the other teams suss him out.
  • Options
    Don't blame him for leaving this madhouse of a club. Good luck Ricky and hope you enjoy playing there more than you did here.

Worried now that more players will be sold before the window closes as RD claws in as much as he can from a firesale before he finally scuttles away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Charlton director Richard Murray said: “I’d like to thank Ricky for his contribution to the club while he was here. He scored some special goals that will live long in the memory with Charlton fans.

"As everyone is aware, the owner is talking to various parties about a potential takeover and while that is ongoing he has said there will not be funds made available to bring players in on a permanent basis.

"With Ricky going, however, that does free up some space on the wage bill and Karl, [head of recruitment] Steve Gallen and the team will be looking at how best to utilise that.”

The fee for Holmes is believed to be in the region of £400,000.
  • Options
    Ta ra Rick it has been fun , Wilder has always been a fan, just RD follows him out the door asap.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Gutted he's gone but really can't blame the bloke for wanting to test himself at a higher level.

A dysfunctional mess like us is going nowhere other than gradually down and at 30 this was probably his last chance. He could have gone in the summer but gave us a chance to see 'if we'd learned from our mistakes.'

I wish him well but what a shower of sh*t our beloved Club has become.
  • Options
    Good luck Ricky been a great player in tough times.

Roland hurry up and piss off cheers.
  • Options
    Could try sort out a loan deal for Carruthers that could see it go perm in the summer? Something the new ownership may commit too?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

If KR really doesn't fancy Ajose maybe because of his attitude, then why would he want him back? I've no inside knowledge but there has got to be something that just doesn't endear the player to his manager. Personally I think Ajose is only bothered about himself and is not a team player so it's a no from me. Give Reeco or Umerah a chance.

Surely we can't be putting that much pressure on either of those players ? Has Umerah even played a minute of league football this season.

Ajose isn't amazing but we're desperate and he's proven he's capable at this level, I'd bring him back unless he's planning on taking Ricky's place in selling crack to the youth team.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    se9addick said:

RedChaser said:

If KR really doesn't fancy Ajose maybe because of his attitude, then why would he want him back? I've no inside knowledge but there has got to be something that just doesn't endear the player to his manager. Personally I think Ajose is only bothered about himself and is not a team player so it's a no from me. Give Reeco or Umerah a chance.

Surely we can't be putting that much pressure on either of those players ? Has Umerah even played a minute of league football this season.

Ajose isn't amazing but we're desperate and he's proven he's capable at this level, I'd bring him back unless he's planning on taking Ricky's place in selling crack to the youth team.
    Actually I meant to say Hanlan who was meant to play in the postponed U23 game today not Umerah. Still a no from me and I suspect KR.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

RedChaser said:

Ajose can only score if he has a service.

We've just tsold the one bloke we had capable of supplying that...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Problem with Curruthers is he is probably on a decent wedge which will eat significantly into Rickys wages and make other signings more difficult. I think we are stuck with punts on PL kids or golden oldies or those who havnt been playing and the latter two will not be match fit, play and get immediately injured. Dont u just love Roland.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

“As everyone is aware, the owner is talking to various parties about a potential takeover and while that is ongoing he has said there will not be funds made available to bring players in on a permanent basis.

"With Ricky going, however, that does free up some space on the wage bill and Karl, Steve Gallen and the team will be looking at how best to utilise that”

Shit ...

Er keeping Homes would have been the best way........
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

se9addick said:

I don't care how shit KR thinks Ajose & Vetekele may be, I say bring them both back now !!!!

Whats the point of trying to borrow someone when we already have 2 of our own players out on loan.

Any loans or freebies are going to be pants, injured, or both (ala Dodoo & Best) so might as well run with what we've already got.

Definitely get Ajose back, think the Vetokele situation might be more complicated but if there's a chance to have him back then we should, would walk into our (and most teams in the division) side.
    Charlton Athletic look set to loan out Nicky Ajose again if he does make an SE7 return this month.

The big-money signing from Swindon Town joined Bury at the start of the campaign but has scored just once in League One for the Shakers.

Ajose has failed to make their matchday squad for 15 matches.

He was frozen out by both Bury bosses he worked for this season – Lee Clark and Chris Lucketti, who was sacked earlier today.

Ajose was unable to play in Saturday’s match at Gigg Lane due to the loan agreement between the two clubs. Mark Marshall netted the winner for Charlton.

The South London Press has been told that the former Manchester United youngster will once again be available for loan if he heads back to The Valley in the current transfer window.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Says it all really. Top six and the owner sells our best attacking player. Even when there's a chance of promotion he's not interested.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Charlton director Richard Murray said: “I’d like to thank Ricky for his contribution to the club while he was here. He scored some special goals that will live long in the memory with Charlton fans.

"As everyone is aware, the owner is talking to various parties about a potential takeover and while that is ongoing he has said there will not be funds made available to bring players in on a permanent basis.

"With Ricky going, however, that does free up some space on the wage bill and Karl, [head of recruitment] Steve Gallen and the team will be looking at how best to utilise that.”

The fee for Holmes is believed to be in the region of £400,000.

Why not just make Carruthers part of the deal then?

If Robinson will be allowed to use some of that cash, all clubs will be aware of the fee... will be aware of how useless we are at negotiating under Roland so will be wanting as much of that cash as possible

Means we'll sign one of two types of player: Loanee or Freebie!!
  • Options
    God our plight is depressing. Understand his motives in going but the thought of it helping out that old Belgian cnut is really twisting my melon...