Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options
    I think Ricky will be a very good impact sub in the Championship. His direct runs at tiring defenders and strikes at goal could pay off. But would that potential 'impact' be worth £500K?
  • Options
    Bubble said:

https://t.co/2OSHbu5gVw

In the region of £400,000 - what’s the fucking point

RD wanted to cover the price of his trip over and back from Belgium on his private jet.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Didn't we reject £1 million in the summer.

If so we must be the only team to reject a bid, improve the players contract, then sell him for less than the original rejected bid.

Typical Roland
    Now f*** off
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Who is offering £1 million to a 30 year old League One player?

If they did offer that in the summer we should've bit their hand off.

We signed him for £125,000.
  • Options
    I could be wrong but I know Karl said he rejected 2 very good offers for Ricky, I thought £1 million was mentioned but most probably wrong
  • Options

Didn't we reject £1 million in the summer.

If so we must be the only team to reject a bid, improve the players contract, then sell him for less than the original rejected bid.

Typical Roland
    Now f*** off

Charlton Athletic, the laughing stock of football.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

He must have been able to call up some other players like Lapsille? What was wrong with KAG?

KAG was 'hamstrung'.

Didn't Robinson say that both the U18s and the U23s have important matches this coming Monday?

I suppose he's implying there's barely enough fit players to go around.
    And he's not going to mess up the schedules and planning of the Academy teams.

PS: He also made a strange comment about young players not 'deserving' to be considered for the matchday squad.
    Why couldn't he just say they're not yet ready?

Because maybe that’s not what he meant. Who knows what rules or targets the young players have been set before they’ll be considered for first team duty in the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was expecting 500k, maybe as much as 700k but it really does not matter, as this is not money going directly towards making our team better, the only way it helps with that is if it is a part of a change in ownership as has been suggested.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

He must have been able to call up some other players like Lapsille? What was wrong with KAG?

KAG was 'hamstrung'.

Didn't Robinson say that both the U18s and the U23s have important matches this coming Monday?

PS: He also made a strange comment about young players not 'deserving' to be considered for the matchday squad.

Because maybe that’s not what he meant. Who knows what rules or targets the young players have been set before they’ll be considered for first team duty in the league.
    I think he meant they don't deserve to have that imposed on them (i.e. when they're not ready).
  • Options

I think I remember reading here and elsewhere the high bid in the summer was something like £600k.

Can't remember if that was enterprise value, book value, market value or dividend discount model.

Still we are selling him for less than what we rejected in the summer
    How is that good business lol
  • Options
    Signs a new contract but we accept less. RD is desperate to get any cash he can and get out quickly I reckon.
  • Options

I think I remember reading here and elsewhere the high bid in the summer was something like £600k.

Can't remember if that was enterprise value, book value, market value or dividend discount model.

Still we are selling him for less than what we rejected in the summer
    How is that good business lol
    Indeed. Assuming we did get an offer for £600k in the summer and sold for £400k, we essentially paid for him on loan for £200k plus his paid his wages for half a season. Only RD!!!
  • Options
    We'll miss him, but in some ways we might benefit from being less reliant on his head down charges up the wing, because they often ended in an optimistic cross with no end result. For me he didn't check back inside enough to look for a pass along the ground into the box, or to a player on the edge of the box.
    Mind you, Mavididi is a bit head down himself sometimes.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Oggy Red said:

KAG was 'hamstrung'.

I think he meant they don't deserve to have that imposed on them (i.e. when they're not ready).
    Ah, could be that too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hitc is a crap site and they are often wrong, so I wouldn't necessarily believe the £400K figure.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/14/por-blades-agree-deal-for-holmes/
  • Options
    Sheffield United getting both Holmes and Leonard in a January window is impressive.
  • Options
    My mate is Blades fan, doesn't think they need any more midfielders.
  • Options
    I reckon Daisy had a clause in her contract termination which required her to negotiate all transfers for Charlton while RD is still owner. It’s got her kind of “shit deal” written all over it.
  • Options

“But what I won’t do is sell the player just for money. I’m sticking to my guns on that. I’d need a replacement immediately and then we’ll want to use the money to strengthen the squad.

“That’s my whole crux of the conversation and I need to be trusted with that. If I’m not trusted then I’m not the person for the job".

this could get interesting. If Ricky goes and no replacement comes in then I expect Gobbinson to walk. He won't though.

Amazing people refer to Robinson as "Gobbinson". In the middle of the shit storm Robinson has been honest with fans providing the answers to the questions put to him and in this current climate I would wonder how many other managers would be as honest and open giving the fans the answers that they would like to know rather than side stepping them.
    Robinson as a manager and as a man has earnt my respect more so during this period and certainly spent deserved to be called out just because he is the manager of the owner that is disliked.

It's also called slagging off your boss in public.
  • Options
    I would love it if it all fell through, really dislike Wilder (wish he was our manager though)
  • Options
    IT_Andy said:

With a club sale price of something like 30 or 60 million I can't believe RD is desperate for 400K. It's almost done just to annoy the fans.

You can't force someone to move to another club.