Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options

Overatted.

People on here talking like he is in Jonny Robinson. I don’t think so.

If he doesn’t want to play for us then fuck him.

We can still make the play offs with players that want to play and work hard for one another.

Holmes hasn’t fitted in to these categories for months.

Also - he isn’t good enough for the championship. He is league one at best.

COYR.

If the truth was known we would probably find Duchatelet booted Holmes out.

Aside from that I think you are missing the point with the fans anger.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Any bidders must surely be hoping to get their hands on the club before the window closes. You’d think they’d want to reignite our search for a playoff place? We’re only one point away!

With all the s*** that is going on it would not surprise me in the least if we scrambled into the play-offs and got promoted. It would be excellent if we could do that rid of the poisonous owner.
  • Options

I am assuming the sale of the club is dead? For why would any new owner accept the previous owner selling the clubs best player before a takeover? It's like buying a house and then learning the day before the sale that the master bedroom has been sold off to someone else.

Buying a football club is nothing like selling a house, these house selling analogies are infantile comparisons.

If it were like selling a house it’d be more akin to not including the boiler in the sale.

You still get the property but will have to add a new boiler to make it fully functioning or rent a gas stove and gas bottle to get by with for a while, but you do get to knock the price down as a result.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Any bidders must surely be hoping to get their hands on the club before the window closes. You’d think they’d want to reignite our search for a playoff place? We’re only one point away!

Just like they did with Powell. RD is just not prepared to fund a few players that could make a huge difference. I’m not a big fan of Robinson and I do think he could be getting more out of who he’s got but we could be competing right at the top with a bit more backing. It doesn’t make any sense but then the past 4 years haven’t.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Still in contract with charlton, in Sheffield night of the steel city derby - the blokes a cunt, nothing wrong with him leaving but there’s ways of doing things and it’s just mugging the fans off

The bloke has gone to sign for his new employer, he’s not up there on a jolly. He also would not have chosen the hotel he was being put up in, Sheff U would have done that. I bet he was as pissed of as anyone when he was walked in by a Sheff U official to check in and the reception is full of meatheads on the Bulmers, which would probably explain why his hood is up.

Holmes signed a new contract in the summer because it was probably a good contract, and it seemed as if the team were on the up. That’s what was being sold. It’s now not, and the club are very willing to offload him. They would not give permission otherwise.

The photo in hotel has added to the farce, but I don’t blame Holmes in any way. Every single one of our squad would equally be running for the suit carrier if a Championship club was chasing them at the moment.

Good luck Ricky, gutted as I really enjoyed watching him play, was one of my boys favourite player, and I certainly think he is copping some unnecessary stick. Whether he had good games or not so good games, he always gave 100% for us imo
    AsPalarsehater said he’s a c
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You are old fashioned mate,but like me you started watching football when it was an honour to play for your local team.The days of loyalty went with the mega money that came into the game.I would have given my right arm to have played for Charlton,now the players just see the club as a stepping stone to better things.Who can blame them,their careers are over mid 30s and they need security,they cant all become managers or pundits.Holmes has only been here 2 seasons,and has given his all if he goes good luck to him,it may not be at his instigation.If RD gets a good offer he is going to take it,the player in his eyes is just a commodity to be moved around to cover his losses.
  • Options
    When was the last time we as charlton fans enjoyed the Jan transfer window?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Still in contract with charlton, in Sheffield night of the steel city derby - the blokes a c, nothing wrong with him leaving but there’s ways of doing things and it’s just mugging the fans off

The clubs have obviously agreed a fee and he's there with our permission for a medical and contract talks.
  • Options

It’s a shame but the massive churn of players throughout the Duchâtelet reign makes it hard for me to be that bothered by Holmes leaving.

Yes, he is one of the few half decent players signed over the last few years. However, the philosophy of the regime seems to have always been to flog anyone on form as quickly as possible so it’s not a surprise if he leaves.

I was more angry when Morrison was given away, simply to make way for two has-been free transfers who were never going to form any sort of long term backbone.

Football under Roland is eleven players thrown together because they’re affordable and / or available, rather than any attempt to find the right sort of characters to create a team.

If a player wants to leave, so be it. The fact I’ve just written the above shrug of the shoulders makes me quite sad. Fuck you Duchâtelet

Well put. We're perhaps the worst example due to our current owner's feckwittery but we see it with other clubs constantly turning over the squad too. No idea what the stats are but I would be surprised if the average length of time at any club is not dropping like a stone.

Players, agents, clubs, are always looking to move players on or bring them in these days and even at a large successfully run club, which we ain't at the moment, there seems to be 4 or 5 first teamers brought in every summer, topped up in Jan'. Add in the management churn on top and teams seem to be constantly rebuilding.

All part of the growing disconnect between fans and their club/players these days and the likes of Steve Brown are going to be increasingly rare in the future.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Okay, let's say that's true.

If we sold Holmes for £500k, would you as someone making an offer for our club only feel CAFC is worth £500k less? I would not, because his value to keeping us a competing club bordering on top 6 is worth more than just £500k.

Let's take that logic one step further.

Let's say Konsa is sold for £4M. And KAG for £500k. Is CAFC only worth £5M less now? I contend the answer is "no" because without those players we are a League Two club next year and the whole club is worth a lot less then then £5M in the bank from those three sales.

A League Two CAFC is worth many many millions less than a League One CAFC.

But the enterprise value would still be £77m, wouldn't it?

Maybe @NapaAddick you need to accept that valuing football clubs isn't your strong point.
    Maybe you need to stop being a troll and get a real life. Asshole.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If we sold Holmes for £500k, would you as someone making an offer for our club only feel CAFC is worth £500k less? I would not, because his value to keeping us a competing club bordering on top 6 is worth more than just £500k.

Let's say Konsa is sold for £4M. And KAG for £500k. Is CAFC only worth £5M less now? I contend the answer is "no" because without those players we are a League Two club next year and the whole club is worth a lot less then then £5M in the bank from those three sales.

But the enterprise value would still be £77m, wouldn't it?

Maybe @NapaAddick you need to accept that valuing football clubs isn't your strong point.
    Maybe you need to stop being a troll and get a real life. Asshole.
    0h, mock outrage now.

strange how you ignore all the other people laughing at your bizarre evaluations but call me nasty names.

I wonder who is the troll here?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

But what about the enterprise value?

Edit:

I’ve just seen the posts between you and Henry. This wasn’t a trolling post but if you do believe in the enterprise value (or if RD does) then selling assets, as long as the money is used to reduce the debt - which it almost certainly will be, make no difference to the value at all does it? If anything it will increase the ‘enterprise’ value as the players are likely (especially in the case of Konsa) to be valued on the books below the transfer fee.
  • Options

Overatted.

People on here talking like he is in Jonny Robinson. I don’t think so.

If he doesn’t want to play for us then fuck him.

We can still make the play offs with players that want to play and work hard for one another.

Holmes hasn’t fitted in to these categories for months.

Also - he isn’t good enough for the championship. He is league one at best.

COYR.

Great shout!
  • Options

Still in contract with charlton, in Sheffield night of the steel city derby - the blokes a c, nothing wrong with him leaving but there’s ways of doing things and it’s just mugging the fans off

The Sheffield United fans haven’t taken to him well already as he opted to ‘use’ them in the summer to get a new and improved contract. Like us, proper football fans who do not like being mugged off by players!
  • Options

Still in contract with charlton, in Sheffield night of the steel city derby - the blokes a cunt, nothing wrong with him leaving but there’s ways of doing things and it’s just mugging the fans off

The bloke has gone to sign for his new employer, he’s not up there on a jolly. He also would not have chosen the hotel he was being put up in, Sheff U would have done that. I bet he was as pissed of as anyone when he was walked in by a Sheff U official to check in and the reception is full of meatheads on the Bulmers, which would probably explain why his hood is up.

Holmes signed a new contract in the summer because it was probably a good contract, and it seemed as if the team were on the up. That’s what was being sold. It’s now not, and the club are very willing to offload him. They would not give permission otherwise.

The photo in hotel has added to the farce, but I don’t blame Holmes in any way. Every single one of our squad would equally be running for the suit carrier if a Championship club was chasing them at the moment.

Good luck Ricky, gutted as I really enjoyed watching him play, was one of my boys favourite player, and I certainly think he is copping some unnecessary stick. Whether he had good games or not so good games, he always gave 100% for us imo
    pretty much exactly how I see it
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

We have sold Rocky Holmes during a time of crisis with no apparent leadership or any communication from our owner. It probably wont be the last player to go during a time like this. Everything about the sitiation we find our club in is a mess currently until Duchatalet goes.

Some loved Holmes, some were frustrated by him and some wont forgive him, but lets just make one thing very clear,

ITS NOT LIKE SELLING A HOUSE, ITS NOT LIKE, 'IMAGINE YOUR FRIEND IS SELLING A HOUSE' AND I REFUSE TO 'LETS SAY YOU OWN A BUSINESS MAKING WIDGETS'

There, got that off my chest, enough already of the shit analogies.

Unless my house, friends house or my imaginary widget factory is owned by a completely deluded old tosser who not only massively over values the Club and furthermore is in a financial position to do so.

Cheerio Ricky, thanks for the memories, I wont miss having to shout 'beat the first man' into your ear every corner from now on and at least your dad wont have to call national phone in's to slag off the protesters in Sheffield.

What about a business waking midgets?
  • Options
    Lot of negativity on here towards Sheff Unt lads, just because they came good no need to get the ump! :smile: