Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options
    On the bright side, at least we won't have to worry about him scoring against us next season (like all our former players do) since our promotion prospects have taken a massive nose-dive...
  • Options
    Kashi and Konsa to go then....at this rate we won’t be able to field 11 pros.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

Shame, one signing over the last few years that I have really enjoyed watching. Gutting really, just hits home how fucked we really are under this bloke. I don't blame him for wanting to go, he has worked his way up and deserves a crack at the big time. Don't like seeing the abuse on twitter, don't think he deserves that

He doesn’t but there is only one person to blame for the abuse Ricky is getting....and that is Roland! Just a whole lot of frustration being vented towards him!
    Agreed, realisation that any small chance of playoffs is completely gone
  • Options
    Nug said:

People getting all bent out of shape about a player who's been with us what 18 months? Not sure he owes us much to be honest he's a journeyman footballer who's going on to better things before he packs it in, doubt he's made a lifetime of money out of the game. Peoples anger should be at the fucking muppet destroying the club from Belgium and has been for the last 4 years, everything else is immaterial.

This absolutely. RD is like a cancer eating at the very soul of our club. I know other lifers have stated how they felt they have never hated one person as much as they do Roland..... I have to agree, total sociopath with no feelings for the thousands of people who love their club and the simple joy (and sorrow) of supporting a football team. people who can trace their support back generations. He just doesn't give a flying.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I'm shocked that anyone is surprised/angry/hurt by this news. Wish him nothing but good luck in the Championship.

Surprised: what did you expect under this ownership?

Angry: the guy doesn't have too many years left in him, don't begrudge him getting a move up a level to a club that backs up it's words of ambition with it's actions.

Hurt: he's a good player at our level but it doesn't take much to attract other good players at this level to Charlton (when it's not owned by Roland that is).
  • Options

what surprises me most is that a player, Carruthers, may actually want to join us. Is he alright in the head?

He's a Londoner, so maybe he fancies "coming home" and playing football, rather than staying oop North and warming the bench.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samir_Carruthers
  • Options
    From Carruthers Wikipedia of his time at Villa. “Following a number of injuries to Alex McLeish's first team squad in the latter stages of the 2011–12 season, the young midfielder was brought in to train with the first team on a number of occasions.”
  • Options
    Lurker said:

It's the hotel adjacent to the stadium hence the bar in the lounge area.

So you are justifying it then ? You don’t put yourself in them situations unless you want it to be seen and if that’s the case that’s a kick in the b******s to the fans, Robinson and his team mates. Then again it could be you have the same sort of morals.
    So if you don't want him to be at his hotel, where should he be ?
    Keep your head down, it’s called being tactful. Could he have gone elsewhere rather than a place full of Sheffield Utd fans? If I was his agent/ advisor perhaps would have been a bit more advisable. Let’s face it he ain’t going to be doing a fitness test tonight is he, or even travelled up in the morning.
    Maybe the hotel was paid for by Sheff Utd?

Maybe he got stuck in traffic and was meant to be there earlier today?

I don't know what the problem is.
    Maybe. Or maybe he could have travelled up tomorrow or Monday. Let's face it less chance of being caught in a hotel by hundreds of fans splashed all over social media.
    Caught in a hotel? He's not on the run. He' not walking around Charlton in a Sheffield United track suit, he's in Sheffield to watch his new team play.

RD wants to sell whoever he can for whatever he can get. Most of our players will be off in the summer if no one coughs up whatever number is in Rolands head.

People are kidding themselves if they think there's a single player in our squad who wouldn't take the chance to get out of this mess we've become.

We don't have anyone running the club, we've even made a statement to say we're not looking to hire someone to run the club.
    Maybe he can get Sky with his signing on fee, just a thought
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fuck him , his Alice band his shit ponytail, little prick, makes my admiration for Jacko even more stuck with us through all the shit times and always had the fans back

Are you deluded ?

Holmes is/was an employee of the club.

Probably the most talented employee of the club since he signed.

Holmes cannot leave without the clubs permission as he is under contract, The club cannot sell Holmes without his permission due to the same contract. I know which party I will blame for this !.

Whilst Jackson has been a loyal servant to the club, he was also on his last payday (now extended) so was never going to leave the club.

I am not questioning JJ's integrity as a human being and his affection for the club (I have met the man) but he has sat next to Katrien and others on more than one occasion whilst the bullshit was being spread.

He certainly was not the human shield for the hierachy that some fans have portrayed in press conferences. He has always had the ability to walk away.

Jackson is an employee of the club who has an affection for his employer's customers and not the saint that some fans think he is.
  • Options

Ricky goes with my best wishes. He’s been a shining light in the gloom. Even recently when he’s been shyte he’s never stopped trying. If I was in his shoes I’d be off too. Good luck to you mate and thanks for the memories.

As for the mess that were left with, I’m rapidly running out of the capacity to give a shit until that sad old git sells up.

Totally agree. The one player it has been worth turning up for. Who would not turn the chance at his age to play in the Championship when a few season ago he was in League 2. He signed in the summer when he could have easily gone. That was loyalty. Those calling him out need to sort themselves out.

We have (or many have) all walked away from muppet bosses/owners (RD and not KR) so why should he be any different. Good luck Ricky.
    Loyalty is pushing things. I’ve no problems with him wanting to better himself, but he was hardly a star before he joined us. We signed him. His career moved on a notch, now he’s jumped ship to the next level.

Good luck to him etc, but there do seem to be double standards concerning say Holmes and Parker
  • Options
    Yes, Roland really is a nasty little man. Good riddance to him when he's gone. He literally stinks up the place. An a-hole until the end.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    What is @WhenIwasLittleBoy on tonight

Firstly it is a hotel close to the ground, he is a new signing and will probably stay there till he gets a place, its not his fault the hotel they use is so close

Secondly he probably had talks today, and as it was a matchday, they probably introduced him to a few people who wouldnt normally be there, the they checked him into the clubs hotel,

Thirdly as previously said he has his hood up and trying to remain hidden, someone has taken a quick snap with his phone, hardly Ricky's fault
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I am assuming the sale of the club is dead? For why would any new owner accept the previous owner selling the clubs best player before a takeover? It's like buying a house and then learning the day before the sale that the master bedroom has been sold off to someone else.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I am assuming the sale of the club is dead? For why would any new owner accept the previous owner selling the clubs best player before a takeover? It's like buying a house and then learning the day before the sale that the master bedroom has been sold off to someone else.

Not at all. They'd just adjust their offer by a few hundred thousand or however much Holmes is valued at / sold for.

Roland might think he can get away with pocketing transfer fees and negotiating the same price for the club as before and that way can recoup some of his losses but it's up to the buyers as to what they want to do.
  • Options
    Okay, let's say that's true.

If we sold Holmes for £500k, would you as someone making an offer for our club only feel CAFC is worth £500k less? I would not, because his value to keeping us a competing club bordering on top 6 is worth more than just £500k.

Let's take that logic one step further.

Let's say Konsa is sold for £4M. And KAG for £500k. Is CAFC only worth £5M less now? I contend the answer is "no" because without those players we are a League Two club next year and the whole club is worth a lot less then then £5M in the bank from those three sales.

A League Two CAFC is worth many many millions less than a League One CAFC.
  • Options

What is @WhenIwasLittleBoy on tonight

Firstly it is a hotel close to the ground, he is a new signing and will probably stay there till he gets a place, its not his fault the hotel they use is so close

Secondly he probably had talks today, and as it was a matchday, they probably introduced him to a few people who wouldnt normally be there, the they checked him into the clubs hotel,

Thirdly as previously said he has his hood up and trying to remain hidden, someone has taken a quick snap with his phone, hardly Ricky's fault

Correct.

Terrible behaviour, he should be sent to Texas and put on death row.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interesting to see Robinson’s thoughts on this after today’s game. Can’t see any funds being put back into the team. Robbo’s days at Charlton will soon be over. I didn’t think things could get any worse?! ROLAND OUT
  • Options
    I posted on here in the summer saying that all it meant when Ricky signed his new contract, was Roland would get more money when Ricky was sold in Jan.

We’ve leant from our mistakes, however if you mean to do the things you do and get the results you want. Then you haven’t made a mistake.
  • Options

Ricky goes with my best wishes. He’s been a shining light in the gloom. Even recently when he’s been shyte he’s never stopped trying. If I was in his shoes I’d be off too. Good luck to you mate and thanks for the memories.

As for the mess that were left with, I’m rapidly running out of the capacity to give a shit until that sad old git sells up.

Totally agree. The one player it has been worth turning up for. Who would not turn the chance at his age to play in the Championship when a few season ago he was in League 2. He signed in the summer when he could have easily gone. That was loyalty. Those calling him out need to sort themselves out.

We have (or many have) all walked away from muppet bosses/owners (RD and not KR) so why should he be any different. Good luck Ricky.
    Loyalty is pushing things. I’ve no problems with him wanting to better himself, but he was hardly a star before he joined us. We signed him. His career moved on a notch, now he’s jumped ship to the next level.

Good luck to him etc, but there do seem to be double standards concerning say Holmes and Parker
    If you’re comparing selling Holmes to selling Parker...I don’t even know where to start with that. For one, as others have said, I wouldn’t begrudge any player in the entire squad wanting to leave the shambles we’ve become. It staggers me that we continue to attract decent, or at least ambitious players with what we’ve become anyway.
  • Options

what surprises me most is that a player, Carruthers, may actually want to join us. Is he alright in the head?

Depends on what contract was dangled in front of him.
  • Options
    Don't think he's getting many games at Sheffield, with our injury list he'll walk into the side.
  • Options
    Once Konsa is gone, we are essentially a borderline League One-League Two quality club without a single player of Championship quality level, imo. We all know no real money from these sales will go into the squad. I hope the new owners have a lot of money for a rebuild! But I am not counting on it.
  • Options
    Any bidders must surely be hoping to get their hands on the club before the window closes. You’d think they’d want to reignite our search for a playoff place? We’re only one point away!