Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

shirty5 said:

Jeez, doncha just love the January window.....should rename it kick Charlton month

Yann Kermorgant - absolute class and in my opinion a CAFC legend. One of my favourite players ever to wear the shirt

Stephens - was indifferent at the time but now a regular starter in the Prem

Morrison - the bloke went from being our first choice CB in a title winning side, easily holding his own in the championship to having his contract paid out and being able to leave on a free

Add to these Gomez a paltry £3.5m when he may go on to nail the England RB spot

It’s a shambles - yet KM is still a CEO at a football club prob being paid £200k a year

Utter wank
    Gudmundsson, Cousins and Pope.
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

We have sold Rocky Holmes during a time of crisis with no apparent leadership or any communication from our owner. It probably wont be the last player to go during a time like this. Everything about the sitiation we find our club in is a mess currently until Duchatalet goes.

Some loved Holmes, some were frustrated by him and some wont forgive him, but lets just make one thing very clear,

ITS NOT LIKE SELLING A HOUSE, ITS NOT LIKE, 'IMAGINE YOUR FRIEND IS SELLING A HOUSE' AND I REFUSE TO 'LETS SAY YOU OWN A BUSINESS MAKING WIDGETS'

There, got that off my chest, enough already of the shit analogies.

Unless my house, friends house or my imaginary widget factory is owned by a completely deluded old tosser who not only massively over values the Club and furthermore is in a financial position to do so.

Cheerio Ricky, thanks for the memories, I wont miss having to shout 'beat the first man' into your ear every corner from now on and at least your dad wont have to call national phone in's to slag off the protesters in Sheffield.

What about a business wanking midgets?
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

We have sold Rocky Holmes during a time of crisis with no apparent leadership or any communication from our owner. It probably wont be the last player to go during a time like this. Everything about the sitiation we find our club in is a mess currently until Duchatalet goes.

Some loved Holmes, some were frustrated by him and some wont forgive him, but lets just make one thing very clear,

ITS NOT LIKE SELLING A HOUSE, ITS NOT LIKE, 'IMAGINE YOUR FRIEND IS SELLING A HOUSE' AND I REFUSE TO 'LETS SAY YOU OWN A BUSINESS MAKING WIDGETS'

Unless my house, friends house or my imaginary widget factory is owned by a completely deluded old tosser who not only massively over values the Club and furthermore is in a financial position to do so.

Cheerio Ricky, thanks for the memories, I wont miss having to shout 'beat the first man' into your ear every corner from now on and at least your dad wont have to call national phone in's to slag off the protesters in Sheffield.

AFKA will be all over this :smile:
    If he stands in front of the midget it will be all over him :wink:
  • Options
    Once the players had the jolly up in Newcastle there was little reason to remain this season.
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

AFKA will be all over this :smile:
    If he stands in front of the midget it will be all over him :wink:
    yuk
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

Still in contract with charlton, in Sheffield night of the steel city derby - the blokes a c, nothing wrong with him leaving but there’s ways of doing things and it’s just mugging the fans off

The Sheffield United fans haven’t taken to him well already as he opted to ‘use’ them in the summer to get a new and improved contract. Like us, proper football fans who do not like being mugged off by players!
    That will all be forgotten the moment he rattles in the first goal for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whoever is responsible for this, I air high five you. Made me chuckle this morning. Ricky pony haircut holmes
  • Options

Let's hope Ricky's replacement passes the Charlton Life height test.
  • Options

Ricky goes with my best wishes. He’s been a shining light in the gloom. Even recently when he’s been shyte he’s never stopped trying. If I was in his shoes I’d be off too. Good luck to you mate and thanks for the memories.

As for the mess that were left with, I’m rapidly running out of the capacity to give a shit until that sad old git sells up.

Totally agree. The one player it has been worth turning up for. Who would not turn the chance at his age to play in the Championship when a few season ago he was in League 2. He signed in the summer when he could have easily gone. That was loyalty. Those calling him out need to sort themselves out.

We have (or many have) all walked away from muppet bosses/owners (RD and not KR) so why should he be any different. Good luck Ricky.
    Loyalty is pushing things. I’ve no problems with him wanting to better himself, but he was hardly a star before he joined us. We signed him. His career moved on a notch, now he’s jumped ship to the next level.

Good luck to him etc, but there do seem to be double standards concerning say Holmes and Parker
    The fundamental difference between Holmes and Parker is that Charlton made Parker and were on the up as a club with the opportunity to make real progress by gaining a European place. Yet Parker showed no loyalty to the club that made him.

Holmes was brought in to a stagnant, declining club and has given his all to that cause. He now has the opportunity in his late peak years to play at a higher level with an outside chance of a higher level still next year.

I understand your comment re double standards but disagree.
  • Options
    Just shows that all those shouting at him for rubbish corners were spot on...
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

at least your dad wont have to call national phone in's to slag off the protesters in Sheffield.

@SE7toSG3

?
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

at least your dad wont have to call national phone in's to slag off the protesters in Sheffield.

@SE7toSG3

?
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2683702#Comment_2683702

rang talksport to complain about the protests
  • Options
    I'm not surprised just disappointed. Not in Ricky because I would do exactly the same in his situation.
    Disappointed that this was predicted and those that were predicted were right.
    I do expect Konsa to go next and there's a lot who can walk for free in the summer too.

Will this affect the takeover? Possibly. I hope it doesn't but yes it does look like asset stripping.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think it's a symptom of how much Roland has affected us as fans that we're even having such a long conversation about Holmes leaving. Take out all the nonsense about what a mess we are, and the reality is we're a club in 8th place in League One with a small squad that won't be added to, and we're sliding badly. Sheffield United are 6th in the Championship and playing brilliantly. Wilder, a coach who has previously got the best out of Holmes, will be telling him that he's just the player who can help with the push to get them over the line and into the Prem. Ricky will be being offered more money, in a better team, with the opportunity to even play in the Premier League as soon as next season. Whether we were owned by Roland or some kind of multi-billionaire Powell/Varney/Kinsella/Mendonca consortium, this move would be a no-brainer for Holmes.

Give him a break. It's not like he's heading over to Millwall just to piss us off

Yes but, you could also argue that he is contracted to Charlton. Robinson has been telling all and sundry how ambitious he is and how he stands up to Duchetalet.
    He could have said he is not letting one of his best players go at a crucial time of the season.
  • Options

Not mock outrage. You seem to be going around continually baiting me over and over. The others you mention have teased me a bit but that is NOT what you have done or are doing, you are trolling. You are just being an asshole and the sad thing is you can't tell the difference. Some people on this board have been writing me saying that is your MO. I've seen it up close for too long and now I am seriously pushing back. I've had enough of your shit. Fuck off.

Did I abuse you? No.

Did I call you names? No.

What's upset you is that you want everyone to forget just how insistent you were that your valuation was correct and how you were right and everyone else was wrong but lots of people, not just me, aren't doing that.

So when someone very politely points out that you are doing it again you only response is name calling.

And sorry, no,I won't be fucking off much as you'd like me to : - :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Damn, I've got to leave for an important game at Gigg Lane now and won't be able to give it my full attention now following developments here, spare a thought Henners and Napa. Can't you just kiss and make up :wink:
  • Options
    FTR, I'm not one of the ones who's been badmouthing Henners behind his back. I'll do it to his face. Mind you, in this instance, it was a bit of mild teasing and a massive overreaction IMO
  • Options

I think it's a symptom of how much Roland has affected us as fans that we're even having such a long conversation about Holmes leaving. Take out all the nonsense about what a mess we are, and the reality is we're a club in 8th place in League One with a small squad that won't be added to, and we're sliding badly. Sheffield United are 6th in the Championship and playing brilliantly. Wilder, a coach who has previously got the best out of Holmes, will be telling him that he's just the player who can help with the push to get them over the line and into the Prem. Ricky will be being offered more money, in a better team, with the opportunity to even play in the Premier League as soon as next season. Whether we were owned by Roland or some kind of multi-billionaire Powell/Varney/Kinsella/Mendonca consortium, this move would be a no-brainer for Holmes.

Give him a break. It's not like he's heading over to Millwall just to piss us off

Yes but, you could also argue that he is contracted to Charlton. Robinson has been telling all and sundry how ambitious he is and how he stands up to Duchetalet.
    He could have said he is not letting one of his best players go at a crucial time of the season.
    He could have done, but I have no doubt the only reason we held on to Ricky this summer was because he was told we'd be pushing for promotion this season. It's not happening, so he's making the move he could have pushed through in the summer. Honestly, this one doesn't even feel like a Roland special like the Konsa sale. This is just the result of having a decent player in an average team going through a middling season.

I'm quite interested to see (well, hear through rumours after it's announced as undisclosed) what the fee will be without Meire negotiating the price
  • Options

SE7toSG3 said:

Now, now, let's not descend to inappropriate epithets. Respectfully it should read: a business wanking people of restricted growth - that even trips off the tongue much more pleasantly doesn't it?
  • Options

Not mock outrage. You seem to be going around continually baiting me over and over. The others you mention have teased me a bit but that is NOT what you have done or are doing, you are trolling. You are just being an asshole and the sad thing is you can't tell the difference. Some people on this board have been writing me saying that is your MO. I've seen it up close for too long and now I am seriously pushing back. I've had enough of your shit. Fuck off.

Just ignore it mate. Everyone else does.
  • Options
    robroy said:

When was the last time we as charlton fans enjoyed the Jan transfer window?

2011 when we signed BWP.
  • Options

robroy said:

2011 when we signed BWP.
    Yann a year later
  • Options

robroy said:

2011 when we signed BWP.
    We got him cheap because of Plymouth's financial situation.

Full circle now and we're unloading players on the cheap.