Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky to go? (Pg17 Gone)

Comments

• Options

robroy said:

When was the last time we as charlton fans enjoyed the Jan transfer window?

2011 when we signed BWP.
    That's probably about the only window we've actually enjoyed. It's been pretty much an annual tradition for us to sell in January - even before RD turned up.

I bet if some analysis was run from winners and losers of January windows since it began we'd be very close to the bottom of all clubs in terms of players signed vs sold and money spent vs money recouped.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    As good as gone from what I hear. Undisclosed fee!!!

Who else will douchebag cash in on to recoup his running costs for the past 4 years.
  • Options
    FORD said:

Who else will douchebag cash in on to recoup his running costs for the past 4 years.

I suppose the only other players that would command a meaningful fee are Pearce, Fosu and Bauer. The first two are injured and Bauer is only just coming back.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

FORD said:

I suppose the only other players that would command a meaningful fee are Pearce, Fosu and Bauer. The first two are injured and Bauer is only just coming back.
    Taxi for Bauer
  • Options

robroy said:

2011 when we signed BWP.
    Yann a year later
    That wasn’t January.
  • Options
    I'm not entirely convinced our league position is a factor in this - we could be ten clear at the top and the situation would be the same - it's just Roland's MO to asset strip before a sale.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Let's hope Ricky's replacement passes the Charlton Life height test.

Replacement??? I admire your optimism Oggy
    Of course he'll be replaced in the summer, Mike.

• Options
    Lurker said:

It's the hotel adjacent to the stadium hence the bar in the lounge area.

So you are justifying it then ? You don’t put yourself in them situations unless you want it to be seen and if that’s the case that’s a kick in the b******s to the fans, Robinson and his team mates. Then again it could be you have the same sort of morals.
    So if you don't want him to be at his hotel, where should he be ?
    Keep your head down, it’s called being tactful. Could he have gone elsewhere rather than a place full of Sheffield Utd fans? If I was his agent/ advisor perhaps would have been a bit more advisable. Let’s face it he ain’t going to be doing a fitness test tonight is he, or even travelled up in the morning.
    Maybe the hotel was paid for by Sheff Utd?

Maybe he got stuck in traffic and was meant to be there earlier today?

I don't know what the problem is.
    Maybe. Or maybe he could have travelled up tomorrow or Monday. Let's face it less chance of being caught in a hotel by hundreds of fans splashed all over social media.
    Caught in a hotel? He's not on the run. He' not walking around Charlton in a Sheffield United track suit, he's in Sheffield to watch his new team play.

RD wants to sell whoever he can for whatever he can get. Most of our players will be off in the summer if no one coughs up whatever number is in Rolands head.

People are kidding themselves if they think there's a single player in our squad who wouldn't take the chance to get out of this mess we've become.

We don't have anyone running the club, we've even made a statement to say we're not looking to hire someone to run the club.
    Just wondered if you were a Lurkers fan @Lurker ?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Lurker said:

It's the hotel adjacent to the stadium hence the bar in the lounge area.

So you are justifying it then ? You don’t put yourself in them situations unless you want it to be seen and if that’s the case that’s a kick in the b******s to the fans, Robinson and his team mates. Then again it could be you have the same sort of morals.
    So if you don't want him to be at his hotel, where should he be ?
    Keep your head down, it’s called being tactful. Could he have gone elsewhere rather than a place full of Sheffield Utd fans? If I was his agent/ advisor perhaps would have been a bit more advisable. Let’s face it he ain’t going to be doing a fitness test tonight is he, or even travelled up in the morning.
    Maybe the hotel was paid for by Sheff Utd?

Maybe he got stuck in traffic and was meant to be there earlier today?

I don't know what the problem is.
    Maybe. Or maybe he could have travelled up tomorrow or Monday. Let's face it less chance of being caught in a hotel by hundreds of fans splashed all over social media.
    Caught in a hotel? He's not on the run. He' not walking around Charlton in a Sheffield United track suit, he's in Sheffield to watch his new team play.

RD wants to sell whoever he can for whatever he can get. Most of our players will be off in the summer if no one coughs up whatever number is in Rolands head.

People are kidding themselves if they think there's a single player in our squad who wouldn't take the chance to get out of this mess we've become.

We don't have anyone running the club, we've even made a statement to say we're not looking to hire someone to run the club.
    Just wondered if you were a Lurkers fan @Lurker ?
    I had to google them to see who they were... I just lurk around really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

robroy said:

2011 when we signed BWP.
    That's probably about the only window we've actually enjoyed. It's been pretty much an annual tradition for us to sell in January - even before RD turned up.

I bet if some analysis was run from winners and losers of January windows since it began we'd be very close to the bottom of all clubs in terms of players signed vs sold and money spent vs money recouped.
    Agreed, the fact that 2011 popped in to my head so quickly when reading that question is a bad sign of our January dealings over the years.
  • Options
    cant wait for the time difference to be played out in this wake up napa i wanna watch this ocean crossing battle play out
  • Options

cant wait for the time difference to be played out in this wake up napa i wanna watch this ocean crossing battle play out

Haha.
    Get them on a boxing event
  • Options

I'm not entirely convinced our league position is a factor in this - we could be ten clear at the top and the situation would be the same - it's just Roland's MO to asset strip before a sale.

I'm looking for the cheap non arms length sale of Igor to STVV. Remember Standard Liege had doubts about a number of transactions when he sold out there.
  • Options

Do they have Makros in the States?
  • Options
    Always had my doubts he will step up to the Championship as a full team player but will do well as a squad man and Wilder is the manager who will get the best out of him having known him before.

As and when he leaves he will soon be forgotten by me, nothing against him, more a sad indictment of the huge turnover of players at our club in recent years.

His sale doesn’t exactly scream the sale sale of the club being on track to happen any time soon though. As for how it would affect the purchase price well, if I was buying I would have put a value against each player as part of my price and would deduct my price accordingly - the amount we get for him would be irrelevant unless it was to be left as cash in the club (which it won’t be).
  • Options
    He must have been able to call up some other players like Lapsille? What was wrong with KAG?
  • Options

He must have been able to call up some other players like Lapsille? What was wrong with KAG?

Hamstring injury
  • Options
    edited January 2018

KAG was 'hamstrung'.

Didn't Robinson say that both the U18s and the U23s have important matches this coming Monday?

I suppose he's implying there's barely enough fit players to go around.
    And he's not going to mess up the schedules and planning of the Academy teams.

PS: He also made a strange comment about young players not 'deserving' to be considered for the matchday squad.
    Why couldn't he just say they're not yet ready?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

KAG was 'hamstrung'.

Didn't Robinson say that both the U18s and the U23s have important matches this coming Monday?

I suppose he's implying there's barely enough fit players to go around.
    And he's not going to mess up the schedules and planning of the Academy teams.

Assumed that was the case, thanks.
  • Options
    Holmes to Sheffield United. No shit Sherlock.
  • Options
    Can't blame, outside chance of premiership next season and a decent last contract, however would love to bump into him one day & have a quiet word with him - pony tailed twat.
  • Options

25 years after selling Gordon Watson to Sheffield Wednesday
  • Options

Before that, Paul Williams.
  • Options

Don’t remember a Williams in Hound of the Baskervilles
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Don’t remember a Williams in Hound of the Baskervilles
    Played in the Sherlockian game.
  • Options

And Peter Shirtliff went back there as well.
  • Options
    https://t.co/2OSHbu5gVw

In the region of £400,000 - what’s the fucking point
  • Options
    Bubble said:

https://t.co/2OSHbu5gVw

In the region of £400,000 - what’s the fucking point

Has Ricky asked for a transfer? If not and the are selling him, they will have to pay up his contract or are Sheffield Utd paying this, plus the £400K.