Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson praises Murray and suggests possible takeover update

Comments

• Options

Random question. Do Charlton allow people with tickets into the ground after half time? My flight has been pushed back next Saturday and I wont be able to make kick off.

Especially, if the club has been sold before next Saturday would not want to miss it.

Sounds like the tour operator has done you a right favour. You might be lucky and the flight is 45 mins delayed as well :wink:
  • Options

I learnt a long time ago that what Robinson says is far less important than why he says it. This evening's Murray arse-licking speaks volumes, as does him dishing the dirt on Duchatlet refusing a part-ex deal on Holmes. The survival instinct has well and truly kicked-in.

I’m clearly a big fan of Robinson but i can’t argue with that either
  • Options

Don't know about anyone else,but I'm scared shitless of Murray being involved in any new era.

Scared shitless?

Would not bother me after the last few years.

I think you jumping to conclusions anyway. I think it means that RM may make a statement as to what is going on early next week. He is in charge at the moment so who else?
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Murray involved with this Scottish lot then

Why do you say that ? Just because Murray may give an update next week, why does it mean he's involved with the Scots or whoever ? He may well be, but have I missed something ?
    It’s been mooted that RD has a bidder that he trusts, Muir and Mcleish were guests of Murray last weekend, Karl is now arseicking Murray which indicates to me he is a part of this consortium.
  • Options
    If, as he suggests, a takeover is happening next week then KR doesn’t sound very happy about it. Who the hell is buying us?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

If, as he suggests, a takeover is happening next week then KR doesn’t sound very happy about it. Who the hell is buying us?

Someone who'll sack Robinson?

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Why do you say that ? Just because Murray may give an update next week, why does it mean he's involved with the Scots or whoever ? He may well be, but have I missed something ?
    It’s been mooted that RD has a bidder that he trusts, Muir and Mcleish were guests of Murray last weekend, Karl is now arseicking Murray which indicates to me he is a part of this consortium.
    Any prospective buyers coming to a game would be guests of Murray as he's the only director in the country. It doesn't mean he introduced them or was part of the consortium.

But he may want to use his £2m bond to leverage a role in the new set up as he has in the last two regimes.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Don't know about anyone else,but I'm scared shitless of Murray being involved in any new era.

Scared shitless?

I don't know. Might be Murray's penchant for cuddling up to and showing solid support for chancers & fukw*ts that seem intent on destroying this club to the point of extinction?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

The quote on the OS about Carruthers speaks volumes and is clearly another not so veiled dig at RD

“I wanted Samir Carruthers to come back the other way – you can make your own mind up about who stopped that.

Also promising to reveal things about what’s been going on, gives me some encouragement that he knows it will happen next week

He could do a Darren Ferguson verbal and still be safe as houses.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Misread the quote
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

FORD said:

Obsequious or is it a dig at how uninvolved Meire was?

Almost certainly a side swipe at Meire - I would bet my house that KR has never heard the word ‘obsequious’ let alone knows what it means.

I feel like emailing Karl now and asking him to use the word 'obsequious' in his next interview

:wink:
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Any prospective buyers coming to a game would be guests of Murray as he's the only director in the country. It doesn't mean he introduced them or was part of the consortium.

But he may want to use his £2m bond to leverage a role in the new set up as he has in the last two regime
    s.
    That’s not quite true. He used other money to keep his place when the spivs arrived. It wasn’t the loan currently outstanding - but which is almost certainly in play now.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

But he may want to use his £2m bond to leverage a role in the new set up as he has in the last two regimes.
    If that’s the case then people must know of the other buyers being in attendance with Murray? I’ve not heard of any confirmation that others have been Murray’s guests as we’re all pretty in the dark with every other bid. Perhaps someone else ITK can confirm?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

If that’s the case then people must know of the other buyers being in attendance with Murray? I’ve not heard of any confirmation that others have been Murray’s guests as we’re all pretty in the dark with every other bid. Perhaps someone else ITK can confirm?
    Maybe others have visited but they didn't want or need to watch a game at The Valley. Or maybe they have but because we may not know what they look like we couldn't pick them out in the box.
  • Options
    Exactly. I've been a guest in the Director's Box as a VIP (like hundreds), but it doesn't make me or the invitee part of a consortium buying Charlton.
  • Options

Exactly. I've been a guest in the Director's Box as a VIP (like hundreds), but it doesn't make me or the invitee part of a consortium buying Charlton.

So was I, yet I am as I have raided my piggy bank and have invested a few coppers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That sounds pretty cool. How do tickets for it become available? Are there a permanent set of people who get the tickets and then distribute when they don't attend or are some always available if you know whom to ask?
  • Options
    It seems that even programme sellers can get a seat in the directors box as we only have RM now
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

To be fair, if I had a potential £2m in the club* I wouldn't be going anywhere especially if I was also emotionally attached to the club like RM unquestionably is.

*as I understand that money is only payable on return to the PL (hence potential )
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    LenGlover said:

bobmunro said:

FORD said:

Obsequious or is it a dig at how uninvolved Meire was?

Almost certainly a side swipe at Meire - I would bet my house that KR has never heard the word ‘obsequious’ let alone knows what it means.

I feel like emailing Karl now and asking him to use the word 'obsequious' in his next interview

:wink:
    Possibly thinks it's what decorates those fabulous dresses on Strictly ?

:smile:
  • Options
    For me RM must go there is no way back for him following his loyalty to RD and KM. I’m sure at the back of it all is the money that he fills he wants back. He not only turned his back on the fans he also did it to his former fellow directors. I would not like him to be any part of the new owners plans, he’s had his day.
  • Options

That sounds pretty cool. How do tickets for it become available? Are there a permanent set of people who get the tickets and then distribute when they don't attend or are some always available if you know whom to ask?
    Roland normally lends me his.