Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson praises Murray and suggests possible takeover update

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I think you are agreeing with my waffle.

I have to say Powell did a really good job, but built an entire team. Even he failed to continue to build the club up without funds.

BUT Grumpy was referring to Tom Rubashow not Karl Robinson!

• Options
    Which is even more ludicrous!

Just had to go back over the thread to understand where Rubashow came into it... God knows how I missed so many comments about the guy!
  • Options
    https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6360031463349452800

Meet our new Celebrate:MK football columnist... Karl Robinson! Karl, now Charlton manager, still lives in Milton Keynes following his 6-year spell as MK Dons boss and will write a monthly column about topical current issues in football. Read his first column in our forthcoming February issue of Celebrate:MK
  • Options
    I would have thought he had enough to be getting on with without this
  • Options

I would have thought he had enough to be getting on with without this

Clearly a man of many talents ....
  • Options
    is it a talking magazine?
  • Options

I hope I am putting the pieces together incorrectly, but I suspect that possibly Roland told Meire that as he has decided to sell the club, he is not willing to put any more money into it. Given that she has given assurances to various people and the realisation that this would damage her reputation and make her look even more of an idiot, she jumped ship. Unfortunately us as fans cannot jump ship and support another team! Anyway, Duchatelet is not going to spend any money on a new CEO and still wants more money than any of the interested parties are willing to pay.

I hope I am wrong, but I have been protesting because I am convinc

JamesSeed said:

A lot depends on which league you're in at the time.

As well as the quality of squad you inherit, and the backing by the owner to improve it. On that basis you could argue KR has the best record. The only managers on that list above him inherited or were backed to build better squads. Curbs or a long period, Powell with the Jenkinson money and Riga inherited Powell's squad.

KR inherited a poor and small squad and has been given barely enough to stand still by RD, so has to be commended for keeping us competitive. You have to wonder what he could achieve if given proper backing and the chance to build a squad that isn't stretched to breaking part before we even put the Christmas decorations up.

I agree -there are no guarantees, but I'd like to see what he can do with a bit of backing.
    That ship sailed a long long time ago - I can almost guarantee that she left as she knew as soon as we were taken over she'd be given the boot, not because she didn't want to look like an idiot.
  • Options
    Yup. Soon as she realised the club was actually for sale she jumped ship as fast as she could. She has to keep herself in the manner to which she has been accustomed. Lucky for her (and unlucky for them) Sheffield Wednesday bought her act and are happy to keep her shoe allowance going.