Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson praises Murray and suggests possible takeover update

Comments

• Options
    The 1st part of Richard Murray's tenure was the best time that Cafc fans born between 1948 and 97 would have experienced. The 2nd part starting from the Dowie era was full of mistakes. He lost his mojo during this period and has been out of kilter with the majority of fans since Duchatelet turned up. If in the 3rd part of his Charlton journey under a new regime he is president BUT has no power then that will be the Quid pro quo for Roland Duchatelet metaphorically leaving the building.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
  • Options

Anybody who thinks that Richard Murray , past , present or future is a good thing for our club is deluded. This man has sat and watched our club get torn apart by an owner and his incompetent sidekick and has said nothing . Absolutely nothing. He is a disgrace and quite frankly I do not know how he sleeps at night.
    He has no morals , He has no dignity and he has no right to be a part of the future of Charlton Athletic.
    This is the club we love , the club he claims to support yet for four years he has kept his mouth firmly shut while this club has been systematically destroyed.
    Richard Murray , do us all a favour and walk away now because if you think anybody trusts you any more you are far more deluded than anyone could imagine.

Yeah, but apart from all that how do you feel about him?
  • Options
    I like Robinson but this is just PR spin to protect Murray.
  • Options
    Going by his recent comments, you have to believe that a takeover is imminent. If not, then surely KR has signed his own P45 with his comments about RD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Going by his recent comments, you have to believe that a takeover is imminent. If not, then surely KR has signed his own P45 with his comments about RD.

Sacking him would cost Douchebag money...he's not going to spend anymore than he has to right now as the club has been sold.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Surely the only reason Robinson has said what he has about Murrey is because he is aware that after the takeover RM will still be here.
  • Options

Fuck me.
    Ok Karl. We get it.
    Murray is heavily involved in the front running takeover party.

Ok Carly. We get it. Lol
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

FORD said:

Obsequious or is it a dig at how uninvolved Meire was?

Almost certainly a side swipe at Meire - I would bet my house that KR has never heard the word ‘obsequious’ let alone knows what it means.

That’s patronising.

Ok my rant is over. Sorry folks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"RM has been great for our club in so many ways and has put his own money in when needed."

- unless this is an intentional wind-up, some people just don't get it. Duchatelet hasn't put a bean in until he settles the debt mountain he's piled-up. If someone else pays that, as he hopes, he will not have put a penny in and he has turned us into a proper League One club with the prospect of League Two at some point.

Post was about RM not RD.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

FORD said:

Obsequious or is it a dig at how uninvolved Meire was?

Almost certainly a side swipe at Meire - I would bet my house that KR has never heard the word ‘obsequious’ let alone knows what it means.

Well I’ve never heard of it !!!
  • Options

Random question. Do Charlton allow people with tickets into the ground after half time? My flight has been pushed back next Saturday and I wont be able to make kick off.

Especially, if the club has been sold before next Saturday would not want to miss it.

Sounds like the tour operator has done you a right favour. You might be lucky and the flight is 45 mins delayed as well :wink:
    Yes they do.....which stand will you be using?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Just catching up on all this. Two things:

1. I don't get the excitement arising from Robinson's “I think we might do something [give a takeover update] early next week". An update is not an announcement, it's a situation report. And it's "might" - hardly a firm commitment. And it came from Robinson, and not either Murray or Djuchatelet. I'm not sure at all sure he will be calling the shots on what is said and when.

2. The possibility of Murray's future involvement. In my view Murray has had three distinct eras at Charlton. 1. Saviour. 2. Incompetent. 3. Traitor. Like many, I find it hard to forgive his 4 years of backing up the hated Duchatelet and Meire regime, but I can't help remembering the first glorious period too. For me, I don't think Murray is "beyond the pale" but if he is going to be involved in a new regime I would like him to acknowledge and explain his role under Duchatelet, accept the damage that has been wrought and commit to putting right the wrongs of the past. He is not beyond redemption, but boy, does he have a lot of making up to do.

To me he has broken a trust and when that happens relationships are beyond repair.

Murray has to go.
  • Options

Within reason Robinson can say what he likes about Duchatelet.

It seems that Duchatelet is on the verge of selling and so he will not sack Robinson as it will cost money, Robinson knows that.
  • Options

a takeover is imminent. .

Good god not again
  • Options

Within reason Robinson can say what he likes about Duchatelet.

It seems that Duchatelet is on the verge of selling and so he will not sack Robinson as it will cost money, Robinson knows that.
    Yes that was my point. KR is obviously confident a takeover is about to go through, as if it wasn't and RD was going to be in charge for a few more months, then he'd likely be in a bit of trouble with the owner.
  • Options
    If we get a caring owner that brings the club back together then I can put up with Murray still being around. His time is past and he only holds onto his role due to his past association with the club, the money he hopes to eventually recoup and because he is seen as a Charlton man.