Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson praises Murray and suggests possible takeover update

Comments

• Options

Well it's nearly bloody 2 o'clock.

I demand to be told absolutely sod all about the takeover that's not going to happen NOW!!!!!!!

Richard Murray asked the person in charge to put out a statement but Thelma the Tea Lady is currently on her lunch break.
  • Options
    Brunello said:

I’m pretty confused. We are still hearing from trusted sources that there remain several parties interested in buying the club.

Rumour that it could go through as early as this coming weekend and some sort of announcement by the club midweek.

I can’t help thinking that we are still some way off any conclusion. Surely if one party were that close the others would have dropped out.

My guess is that if the club announce anything it’s just going to be that talks are ongoing and that’s it. It’s either done or it isn’t.

Again a guess but I think we are still weeks away.

I don't believe we have ever been close and I certainly don't think we are anywhere near. Those who think a takeover is imminent are way off the mark in my opinion. I will be as happy as the next man to be proved wrong though.

Hope you are wrong @Brunello but fear you are right.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

KR been hung out to dry on this, he's having to field every question on the takeover, and the state of the club, no wonder the frustrations boil over.

I'm a fan of KR, think he's the spark the club needs, and to still be in contention for the play offs, with the limits imposed has impressed me from afar

Should the unthinkable happen and we get promoted he’ll have automatic semi-legend status at The Valley, love him or hate him. It would have been achieved against all odds.

Pretty unlikely to happen though, I suppose.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Happier than the next man, perhaps, @brunello, depending on who it is...

It’s always been my view that the Dec 28th takeover talks references from Duchatelet were spin on Meire having abandoned him - think what the statement would have been without them.

Murray’s comment then undermined RD’s own and his briefing ever since has been to downplay it.

On the other hand there are people who probably once sat next to Brunello who have suggested things may be more positive...

IMO he still wants too much money.
  • Options
    It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the funds generated from selling Holmes and Konsa are to fund the rest of the season. Even if it means RD's valuation of the club decreases it means he wouldn't have to put his hand in his pocket for the rest of the season while he drags the sale of the club out.

I really hung my hat on a sale based on KM leaving and still don't see how this can go on for much longer without a CEO.

Either way just bloody get on with it and sell the club.
  • Options
    Out of interest and I may have well missed it, but is Rubashow still with us? And if he is what the hell does he do with his time now?
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

Out of interest and I may have well missed it, but is Rubashow still with us? And if he is what the hell does he do with his time now?

Dutch rudder, perhaps?

I don't actually know, of course.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    HarryLime said:

Yes, still Head of Communications

Writing biogs of all the new potential owners must take him ages.

Have met a few times and he seems alright and people who've worked with him vouch for him.
  • Options
    if the takeover doesn't happen in Jan it doesn't make much difference when it is as long as it is before the summer
  • Options
    edited January 2018

It’s always been my view that the Dec 28th takeover talks references from Duchatelet were spin on Meire having abandoned him - think what the statement would have been without them.

Murray’s comment then undermined RD’s own and his briefing ever since has been to downplay it.

On the other hand there are people who probably once sat next to Brunello who have suggested things may be more positive...

Interesting that he has said again that the owner is in further takeover talks , in the Ricky leaving article...

“As everyone is aware, the owner is talking to various parties about a potential takeover and while that is ongoing he has said there will not be funds made available to bring players in on a permanent basis.

"With Ricky going, however, that does free up some space on the wage bill and Karl, Steve Gallen and the team will be looking at how best to utilise that
  • Options
    edited January 2018
  • Options

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the funds generated from selling Holmes and Konsa are to fund the rest of the season. Even if it means RD's valuation of the club decreases it means he wouldn't have to put his hand in his pocket for the rest of the season while he drags the sale of the club out.

I really hung my hat on a sale based on KM leaving and still don't see how this can go on for much longer without a CEO.

Either way just bloody get on with it and sell the club.

He better hope he's getting a fortune for Konsa then because the £400K for Holmes won't last very long !
  • Options

CH4RLTON said:

I read the " we might do something early next week" comment , as we might get a player in (probs Carruthers)

No, it was referring to the takeover & KR saying that he thinks someone (probably RM) will say more about the takeover early this week.

I think it was more the fact that KR doesn't know what's going on & wants someone higher up to clarify things rather than for him to have to answer questions on it all the time.
    and he's right. He should bat all questions about the takeover back to RM and leave it at that.

Yes that's what he should do but he does like a good ol gossip doesn't he
  • Options

HarryLime said:

Yes, still Head of Communications

Writing biogs of all the new potential owners must take him ages.

Have met a few times and he seems alright and people who've worked with him vouch for him.
    He’s a very nice guy, the vitriol thrown at him on this board etc I find bizarre and quite humourous frankly. That’s all else I’ll really say on him for now.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Hopefully the takeover will happen 24 hours before the window closes so that Karl can enjoy his own footballing equivalent of supermarket sweep.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Richard Murray asked the person in charge to put out a statement but Thelma the Tea Lady is currently on her lunch break.

"Thelma the Tea Lady" whats happened to our Tone, been head hunted by The Valley Cafe?
  • Options
    If Holmes was only worth £400k I estimate the total value of the remaining squad members to be circa 67 pence
  • Options
    Part of Ketts on Dr Kish forum;

Charlton are expected to issue a statement updating fans on the takeover situation this week.

There has been much speculation as to who the new owners could be, but no real evidence of anything other than interest.

An Australian consortium including Essondon owner, Andrew Muir, appeared to be in the box seat, but that particular trail appears to have cooled.‎

More recently rumours about former Rangers duo Donald Muir and Alex McLeish have surfaced.‎

The pair were lunch guests of Richard Murray at The Valley prior to the Oldham game. McLeish was also at The Valley three days later for the Checkatrade Trophy match with Oxford.

Roland Duchatelet's asking price is thought to be way over the odds for a League One club, making negotiations complicated.

It is hard to believe that the Scottish led consortium have already completed the due diligence process and agreed a price for the club.

• Options
    Is Murray's comments in the Holmes piece the announcement with regard the takeover or do we think there will be something else this week?
    Just shows the world RD really is milking this club for all it's worth
  • Options
    Beardface said:

I think they'll appoint an interim CEO.

I can start around 10.30/11.00 (I'm flexible) I've never run a football club before, but I've watched the box set of Rumple of the Bailey, so I know a bit about the legal profession and I've been known to tell the odd fib. Any chance of an interview? ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Beardface said:

I think they'll appoint an interim CEO.

I can start around 10.30/11.00 (I'm flexible) I've never run a football club before, but I've watched the box set of Rumple of the Bailey, so I know a bit about the legal profession and I've been known to tell the odd fib. Any chance of an interview? ;)
    F*** the interview, when can you start?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Interesting that he has said again that the owner is in further takeover talks , in the Ricky leaving article...

“As everyone is aware, the owner is talking to various parties about a potential takeover and while that is ongoing he has said there will not be funds made available to bring players in on a permanent basis.

"With Ricky going, however, that does free up some space on the wage bill and Karl, Steve Gallen and the team will be looking at how best to utilise that
    Is that the much awaited statement?