Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jay Rodriguez

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he said something like "you stink of x". Would that then be racist?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    worldcountry gone fucking mad
  • Options

Nope
  • Options
    B.O being racist is news to me.

Should @cabbles resign from his position as a moderator after ‘smellgate’ last summer?

We need an independent review.

@i_b_b_o_r_g - can you look in to it?
  • Options
    Seriously, I refer you all to my post where he tweeted it was something that was SAID that offended him.

Why is everyone going on about B.O. and saying that calling someone smelly is not racist? That does not appear to be the issue.

• Options
    Looks to me to be the often seen reaction when 2 player square up, that one then implies the others breath stinks. Seen it a 100 times before. Bong has probably misinterpreted this.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Seriously, I refer you all to my post where he tweeted it was something that was SAID that offended him.

Why is everyone going on about B.O. and saying that calling someone smelly is not racist? That does not appear to be the issue.

Is telling someone they stink not saying something to them?
  • Options
    It depends why he said he stinks if it was something along the lines of you ______s always stink, then how anyone can claim that isn't racist is beyond me.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

It depends why he said he stinks if it was something along the lines of you ______s always stink, then how anyone can claim that isn't racist is beyond me.

.....IF it was something along those lines then I’m sure all would agree with you.
  • Options
    Seagulls always stink?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cfgs said:

.....IF it was something along those lines then I’m sure all would agree with you.
    It just amazes me that people jump to assumptions either way he might have been childish or highly offensive, I expect we will find out either way.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Read the second post of this thread.
  • Options
    The "B.O." thing seems very unlikely to me. If there is a single professional footballer anywhere who doesn't stink to high heaven after running around a football pitch for an hour or so wearing a polyester shirt, I'd suggest he's not doing his job.
  • Options
    For those that havent seen it I tried to find a video, yet in this day and age when everything is on twitter, I cant find one person who took a video of MOTD.

All you could see on MOTD was Bong square up to Rodriguez, Rodriquez held his nose and made a 'smelly hand gesture'
    Bong then said something about Racism to the referee to which Rodriguez looked completly shocked about.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Nope
    Well yes, it clearly could be, dependent on what x was
  • Options
    edited January 2018

For those that havent seen it I tried to find a video, yet in this day and age when everything is on twitter, I cant find one person who took a video of MOTD.

All you could see on MOTD was Bong square up to Rodriguez, Rodriquez held his nose and made a 'smelly hand gesture'
    Bong then said something about Racism to the referee to which Rodriguez looked completly shocked about.

If that's all you could see on MOTD it's probably best not to draw conclusions now, let's wait and see what comes out in the wash over the next few days/weeks.
  • Options
    Look guys, I know that what I have said has obviously caused a mini uproar and please don’t think that I agree with the point I am making. Someone being racist and someone saying they smell of B.O are two completely different things in my view. I was however making the point that I have seen it first hand that with connotations in modern society as they are going mad, some people do find it offensive and have seen it taken in a racist way.

I know I said ‘and rightly so’, and maybe that wasn’t the exact phrase I was looking for, it does insinuate that I agree, when I don’t, but ultimately we don’t know what was said, and this thread has also showed how unfortunately it seems we can’t say anything without it being potentially taken the wrong way or offensively.

Maybe I should stop here before I dig myself a hole due to my poor explanation.
  • Options

Should @cabbles resign from his position as a moderator after ‘smellgate’ last summer?

If it helps the guy I had to tell who smelt was a ginger from Bude.
  • Options
    Anyone remember Razor Ruddock saying something similar to Patrick Vieira.
    I don't think anyone accused him of racism though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Gingerist.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Yeah, cmon I_b_b_o_r_g, you must be an expert in this matter, coz we all know the safest place to keep your money in a French hotel is under the soap.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

What if, hang with me here, he made a gesture about Bong smelling bad....wait for it...and said something racist...at the same time.

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!

What if, hang with me here, he made a gesture about Bong smelling bad....wait for it...and said absolutely nothing racist...and....wait for it.....Bong made the whole thing up to cause the most uproar possible due to Rodriguez winding him up and Bong only having the very powerful and emotive race card in his back pocket?

Crazy, I know.

DUN DUN DUN indeed!!!!!!
    And could just be following the Mason Holgate line who could have been subject to racism from Firmino himself or could have retreated behind the racism card himself after throwing the latter into the stands
  • Options

Anyone remember Razor Ruddock saying something similar to Patrick Vieira.
    I don't think anyone accused him of racism though.

I remember Carl Leaburn doing it to Brian Gayle of Sheff United in a game at Upton Park. Racist bastard.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

What if, hang with me here, he made a gesture about Bong smelling bad....wait for it...and said something racist...at the same time.

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!

What if, hang with me here, he made a gesture about Bong smelling bad....wait for it...and said absolutely nothing racist...and....wait for it.....Bong made the whole thing up to cause the most uproar possible due to Rodriguez winding him up and Bong only having the very powerful and emotive race card in his back pocket?

Crazy, I know.

DUN DUN DUN indeed!!!!!!
    And could just be following the Mason Holgate line who could have been subject to racism from Firmino himself or could have retreated behind the racism card himself after throwing the latter into the stands
    Professional lip readers have already confirmed Firmino was not racist.

Firmino doesnt speak english
    Holgate doesnt speak Portuguese

Why did Holgate assume what Firmino said was racist
  • Options

SDAddick said:

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!

Crazy, I know.

DUN DUN DUN indeed!!!!!!
    Professional lip readers have already confirmed Firmino was not racist.

Firmino doesnt speak english
    Holgate doesnt speak Portuguese

Why did Holgate assume what Firmino said was racist
    Good to hear that!!
  • Options
    Easiest thing in the world the race card. Totally outrageous if you say or do something and the next thing that is said “That’s Racist”.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

let's wait and see what comes out in the wash over the next few days/weeks.
    Brilliant !