Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell to Southend? (Confirmed P4)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    just a scenario we get up this season to championship through playoffs, halfway through next season were sitting in 12th with robbo at the helm, do you bin him off to get scp in?

oh and roland has sold.
  • Options
    If we'd been bought by new owners in December during our sticky spell, it's possible that they might have brought Powell in then, but now the takeover is likely to be after the transfer window has passed, and the team are starting to win again, it's most unlikely new owners would make a change before the summer anyway.
  • Options

Knowing what we know now about there being no money at all for transfers, refreshment of contracts, seeding the pitch even, casts the achievement of that season in an entirely new light. And certainly highlights SCP's own class, dignity and forbearance.

We knew this at the time if you read CL.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Fantastic news for SCP, I had hoped we'd see him back as our manager one day but none the less I'm glad he's back in management, he deserves it an I think he'll do Ok there, he's almost as much as a legend there as here.

Seems to me if he felt he had any chance to be manager under new owners, he would not have taken this job. My guess each new owner has their own plans already, and none involved him at this time.
  • Options
    Good luck Chris. I hope Southend have the second best form in League 1 between now and the end of the season.
  • Options

Good luck Chris. I hope Southend have the second best form in League 1 between now and the end of the season.

would do us a favour too if they went on a winning run.
  • Options
    Southend are not a threat to 6th place.

Plymouth Argyle will come good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's just getting warmed up for his big return to Charlton.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

cafctom said:

Don't really care how exciting the football was under Powell - being able to turn up on a Saturday knowing the fans and players were all united under a common love for Charlton was exciting enough for me.

This. And the football was pretty good given the circumstances, we had some really memorable wins home and away. Those saying otherwise are trying to find things to criticise whether it is some kind of coping mechanism for them or whether they simply like being obtuse I'm not sure.
    Give it a break Canters, wassa matter with you?,it wasn't just me who said the football was turgid. And imo , it was !! - but i'm not arguing about his record (take away his first season, and his time at Huddersfield) so that leaves only really 1 season where he got it 'right'.

Wow, there's some real Powell bible bashers on here.
  • Options
    Good luck, legend. Hope it goes well over there.
  • Options
    Powell should've waited... He'd have done well down here.

• Options
    Great opportunity for him.
  • Options
    Best of luck Chris. You deserve it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southend losing at home 0-1 after 16 minutes
  • Options
    Nothing to see here. Move on.....,forward. CAFC fans living in the past......
  • Options

Southend losing at home 0-1 after 16 minutes

Always said he was sh1t :wink: give him time......
  • Options

Nothing to see here. Move on.....,forward. CAFC fans living in the past......

By talking about a game that is literally happening right now?
  • Options
    Yes, and I have an interest about how Chris is doing. Nothing wrong with following his progress. A good bloke who was dealt a rough one by RD. I hope he'll do ok at Southend.
  • Options

Well Southend have equalised versus Scunny now.

• Options
    Come on Chris win this and do Charlton a favour
  • Options

1-1 will be fine, as that's my score prediction :smile:
  • Options

Your wish is his command. Now winning