Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell to Southend? (Confirmed P4)

Comments

• Brilliant - Cmon Chris.
  • Now 2-2

Sounds like a typical "turgid" Powell game say the haters
  • Now 2-2

Sounds like a typical "turgid" Powell game say the haters

Already Southend are now properly Charltonised.

• Get in there.
    Thanks for listening Chris
  • Michael Turner with winner? That would be ironic!
  • Never in doubt. Put Southend in my bet too!
  • Nice one SCP
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

Kermorgant, Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Jackson, Wright-Phillips, Stephens - all players that Powell made regulars in the side and got the best out of.

Hard to understand how watching those names play regularly in a Charlton shirt wasn't 'entertaining'. What exactly are you expecting when you follow a small club like ours'?

Watch Chris go get Morro from Birmingham now!
  • Fantastic result - delighted for Powelly
  • well done chris powell hero and legend
  • Is Dyer with him?
  • Valley11 said:

Is Dyer with him?

No I think he is Steve Clarke's assistant at Killie
  • If SCP wants him, I wonder how much Dyer would cost Southend
  • Well done Chris, great to see you back as a manager
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    Oakster said:

SDAddick said:

Oakster said:

Nug said:

I wish him well and have no doubt he’ll do well. In fact I hope he does, some people on here and elsewhere have very short memories about what amazing success he was for us, quite embarrassing some of the comments to be honest.

So true & it amazes me that people are negative about him - The Powell years were an incredible time & the last time I felt a connection between the staff/players & the fans - would welcome him back as our manager in a heartbeat & I couldnt give a flyng f*ck what formation he plays.
    Just understand that there are some of us who think those years were very special, and that Chris Powell is an amazing person who did incredible things for this club, but we (I) also don't think that that can be repeated, at least not now. And bringing him back does not automatically revert things to January 2014. That's not how football (or time) work.
    Says who. How do you know? Don't tell me how football works.

I will take Powell's vast expertise in the game & proven success in the game over yours I am afraid SD.

BTW I am strongly suspecting that you are actually Thomas Driesen with all the nerdy stat stuff gained from watching us on a computer & in-depth knowledge of Southend United's tactical propensities!!
    Jesus, apparently I picked the wrong time to stop paying attention to this thread.

But um, at no point did I say I knew more than Chris Powell. I just said that you can't go back in time. Because that's literally not how linear time works.*

I don't understand how any of what you said was a takeaway from my post.

Also, when do I ever use stats?

*I know worm holes and bending space and the multiverse theory make time travel theoretical, but as yet unproven.
  • Jeez as much as I respect and admire Powell, and I wish him all the best, please let's move on
  • Jeez as much as I respect and admire Powell, and I wish him all the best, please let's move on

Some people cant mate - i wonder if they are the same people who cant 'do' progress. ?

Some people cant mate - i wonder if they are the same people who cant 'do' progress. ?
    Yep, got it in one.

"If you know your history...."