Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell to Southend? (Confirmed P4)

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:

So let me get this straight - am I only allowed to take an interest in any aspects of football not involving someone formerly associated with Charlton?

Take as much interest in whatever you want and don’t let others tell you you’re wrong to, mate.

If that’s taking an interest in how Southend do now because of Powell being in charge, then great. Because it is natural to take an interest in a small part of a bigger game that you love.

Powell made us have our most successful period we have had for a long time - the affinity he holds with the club, the connection and the love he shares with the club cannot be doubted. It’s good to see him do well and if that means we take an interest in his career and keep an eye out for Southend’s results, so be it.

If we can’t do that in football, taking an interest in other aspects of the game that we are so passionate about, instead of solely focused around our club, then I find that very sad and quite boring.

We are losing the game for the supporters as it once was. And with how the modern game is progressing, let’s not further take away the connection that we do still have.
    Oh I will, don’t worry. I was just pointing out the absurdity of suggesting taking an interest in what ex Charlton people do after they leave here somehow makes me a footballing Luddite who can’t handle progress or change.
  • Options

Jeez as much as I respect and admire Powell, and I wish him all the best, please let's move on

You could always move on to a thread you care about ?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Jeez as much as I respect and admire Powell, and I wish him all the best, please let's move on

Some people cant mate - i wonder if they are the same people who cant 'do' progress. ?
    And why can't people just follow someone's career and be pleased for him?

i am, and i am.

Why do people get so melodramatic about things ?!
  • Options
    edited January 2018

So let me get this straight - am I only allowed to take an interest in any aspects of football not involving someone formerly associated with Charlton?

Correct - you have to forget everything that has happened over the years in your time supporting Charlton, and just think about the here and now......
  • Options
    redman said:

Powell is one of the greatest men to have been involved in Charlton. I am proud of him and want to follow his career. Why do some people think there is something wrong with that. I also follow the careers of Curbs, Gomez, Shelvey, Stephens, Pope, Morrison, Kemogant, Elliot etc. Am I weird?
    Anyway there is no-one like Powell, a a magnificent player . a magnificent manager but even more importantly a superb human being.

Perfectly put.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Judging by the background, Blackpool didn't get pitch of the week
  • Options

Take all the interest you like in Chris Powell, I personally like see ex Charlton bods do well elsewhere. For those people who do not like reading threads about Chris Powell or any former player well there's always the option of not clicking on the thread, radical idea I know.
  • Options
    Well said from SCP

You cant just pluck players from the belgian 2nd division and expect them to perform.

And I am glad he actually said that to RD(not that he listened)
  • Options
    When Powell was at Charlton he was warned for taking players back out late and games finishing late. I notice Posh v Southend finished last today. SCP still keeping the opposition waiting.
  • Options

At this rate I might switch allegiance to Southend.

(If anyone from another forum is reading this, I AM JOKING)

POND LIFE SCUM
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS move on
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

That picture pleases me and saddens me in equal measure.

I bet it's a lovely feeling being on Southeastern Railways Southend fan tonight. Jealous.

• Options

MrLargo said:

That picture pleases me and saddens me in equal measure.

I bet it's a lovely feeling being on a rail replacement bus service cos it's a Saturday and South Eastern have pulled out the"engineering works" excuse for the 500th weekend on the spinSoutheastern Railways Southend fan tonight. Jealous.

• Options
    3 wins in 3
  • Options
    Not yet.

Fingers crossed