Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell to Southend? (Confirmed P4)

Comments

• Options
    All I can say is I sincerely hope our new owners have enough left in their bank account after buying the club to pay up CP's contract at Southend.

Just get him back here asap.

• Options
    It's fine, if our new owners are the ones @Redhenry is aware of then we'll be getting Conte or Ancelotti
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good on Chris Powell :+1:
  • Options
    Could have got him a month ago, but many on here wanted to stick with KR. Just remind me what we did at home to Wigan.....
  • Options

Could have got him a month ago, but many on here wanted to stick with KR. Just remind me what we did at home to Wigan.....

No we couldn't have.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Kermorgant, Solly, Wiggins, Morrison, Jackson, Wright-Phillips, Stephens - all players that Powell made regulars in the side and got the best out of.

Hard to understand how watching those names play regularly in a Charlton shirt wasn't 'entertaining'. What exactly are you expecting when you follow a small club like ours'?

At least a Thuram or a Sarr.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Yeah but he doesnt know what he’s doing, nice bloke though

FFS

Let's see where he is....................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bellz2002 said:

I'm very happy for him but very sad for us. Still should never have been sacked by Roland. Sir Chris Powell forever.

Powell should have got the bullet IMMEDIATELY the Belgians took over. Our position in the league coupled with new ownership bullets the existing manager says that would have been one of the few things they could have done with few arguement.

This needs to go over new ground as has been done to death, in the same breath I realise my view is in the minority.
  • Options

bellz2002 said:

I'm very happy for him but very sad for us. Still should never have been sacked by Roland. Sir Chris Powell forever.

Powell should have got the bullet IMMEDIATELY the Belgians took over. Our position in the league coupled with new ownership bullets the existing manager says that would have been one of the few things they could have done with few arguement.

This needs to go over new ground as has been done to death, in the same breath I realise my view is in the minority.
    Done to death but you decided that repeating some old shit you said before was worthwhile?
  • Options

It actually hurts that he is managing elsewhere and doing for them what he should be doing for us.

No it doesn't.

Too many dramatic types on here today!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

bellz2002 said:

Done to death but you decided that repeating some old shit you said before was worthwhile?
    Apologies for not remembering some old shit I had posted before.

Although of course you would not remember the shit I have posted before about Powell coming back here to galvanise the fan base and finish the job he was not able to do before.

• Options

It actually hurts that he is managing elsewhere and doing for them what he should be doing for us.

Powell could still jack it in at Southend and come back to us.
  • Options
    He is always Charlton first, no matter what happens. Love that he is doing well at Southend but he is always a Red first and foremost.
  • Options
    Never forget - plenty of our fans are unintelligent and demand sackings at the first sign of trouble. Chris Powell was subject to the same idiocy.