Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell to Southend? (Confirmed P4)

Comments

• Scunny now 0-2 down
  • Oops has SCP lost it
  • SCP reverts to type. Remember he lost 4 on the spin after Winning his first 4 with us
  • ‘The Dyer effect’
  • With Scunthorpe and Southend losing it was a good day for CAFC. I still believe we have the 7 th place nailed on. Heroic failure as we miss 21 chances in our last match. Chris Powell in real terms is still learning his trade as a number 1.
  • I love CP, but having a Manager of a mid-table League One side added to the coaching staff of the National side just because he's black is utterly ridiculous.
  • Croydon said:

I love CP, but having a Manager of a mid-table League One side added to the coaching staff of the National side just because he's black is utterly ridiculous.

This.

Let’s not worry about their ability so long as we tick a box saying we have a black member of staff on the coaching team.

Madness
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    But he knows a thing or two about getting the best out of players? And has previously been involved with coaching England U23 or U21 if I recall?
  • Bent? Never knew St Christopher rated Marcus that much ...
  • Fair play but I’m a bit surprised by that 11 to be honest.

• Fair play but I’m a bit surprised by that 11 to be honest.

It’s not his best team, he wanted a mixture of players from his playing days and his time as a manager.

• Scoham said:

Fair play but I’m a bit surprised by that 11 to be honest.

It’s not his best team, he wanted a mixture of players from his playing days and his time as a manager.

Perhaps it’s just me but I don’t get it. Are these people he just liked because what criteria would you use if they weren’t his best.

• Maybe it's just my sentimental side talking but if/when RD fucks off... the fact he would even be talking about this stuff as manager of another team... He'd be back at the drop of a hat wouldn't he...

Is there a world where we get a takeover and end up with a new DOF backing up Bows in the summer....?

I may have had slightly too much "Christmas cheer" tonight clearly... But it's nice to dream!
  • Maybe it's just my sentimental side talking but if/when RD fucks off... the fact he would even be talking about this stuff as manager of another team... He'd be back at the drop of a hat wouldn't he...

Is there a world where we get a takeover and end up with a new DOF backing up Bows in the summer....?

I may have had slightly too much "Christmas cheer" tonight clearly... But it's nice to dream!

Bows would never accept it. He knows damned well Chris would just be biding time til he can move into his position.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Dazzler21 said:

So it would be your dream for a totally unproven manager, still struggling at another League 1 club to come in as Directed Of Football, above Bowyer, who at the moment is doing a fantastic job given the backing he's had?

Not sure he's unproven here, certainly at championship and league 1 he smashed it for us whilst funding was there.
    Indeed. So ‘totally unproven’ that he managed a team to the league title with over 100 points.

Totally unproven...what a load of bollocks.
    What's he doing now then mate?
  • ...I spose it's subjective, but my idea of proven (to the point where they qualify to come in at this precise moment in time as DOF above Bowyer) is to have "done it" on a consistent basis at varying levels. There people about who maybe would qualify for that but, imo, CP ain't one of em. Sorry
  • Maybe should've said relatively unproven as opposed to totally unproven
  • Dazzler21 said:

So it would be your dream for a totally unproven manager, still struggling at another League 1 club to come in as Directed Of Football, above Bowyer, who at the moment is doing a fantastic job given the backing he's had?

Not sure he's unproven here, certainly at championship and league 1 he smashed it for us whilst funding was there.
    Okay, but it's not reslly been consistent and he's hardly been ripping up trees since.

Don't get me wrong, I think CP is a top bloke, but I just can get my head around people wanting (dreaming) him back in a first team managerial (or DOF) role, going on his recent form and that of our current manager.
    I agree, I am a massive Powell fan and prior to bowyer would of had him back in a heartbeat but bowyer has worked miracles.

In my euro millions dreaming I own the club and bowyer and JJ would get a 3 year contract.
  • Is Lee Bowyer proven , totally unproven or relatively unproven.

He’s doing a fine job as it stands and if he gets anywhere near the nearly proven level of what Sir Chris Powell achieved then he’ll be sort of proven .

No he ain't, but he's the one in the position at the moment. Such a non argument