Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kaikai on loan

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Sage said:

I remember he was excellent for Shrewsbury, was very influential for them and one of the most trickiest and skilful players in the league.

This is a replacement for Holmes, and Mavididi will hopefully move more central as well.

What do we think then - maybe a front line of

Fosu/Marshall Mavididi KaiKai

Magennis

I was hoping this might be a signing to give us more chance of going 2 up top. KaiKai, Marshall & Fosu competing for the wing positions and Mavididi and Mag up front
    I would play:

Fosu/Marshall ....Reeves......KaiKai
    Mavididi

With Reeves as the playmaker and his being a out main creator i think he will get better for us, as i thought he struggles when he isnt involved and we would play through Holmes
  • Options

se9addick said:

How many loan players are we allowed in the 18 man squad now?

Thanks.

So Kaikai, Dasilva, Mavididi and Zonda is four leaving room for one big centre forward.

Sorted :wink:
    who is Zonda? And you forgot Amos.

• Options
    Hate Palace, but no reason to hate this lad. If he was coming from anywhere else we'd all be excited. My only worry is if he's a serial diver as they do seem to produce them, but I'll keep an open mind until I've seen him have a run of games.
  • Options
    as it's doubtful I'll even see him play I don't have an opinion on him. However, I thought we wanted two strikers so with the loans we now have we can now only sign one? Or can we sign more but only have x number in the matchday squad?
  • Options

as it's doubtful I'll even see him play I don't have an opinion on him. However, I thought we wanted two strikers so with the loans we now have we can now only sign one? Or can we sign more but only have x number in the matchday squad?

I think you can sign as many as you like but can only name 5 in the squad.
  • Options
    Looks a very good player, particularly at this level. Explosive winger. A replacement for Holmes?
  • Options
    Another journeyman loan joins the club. Just what we needed.

Good luck to Richard Wiseman and Steve Clarke when they meet with Murray tomorrow. One of their questions should be how is it possible to replace Ricky Holmes with Sulley KaiKai, and still keep a straight face when talking about promotion?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think you can sign as many as you like but can only name 5 in the squad.
    Correct... When Pardew effectively relegated us from the Championship we definitely had more than five loanees at once
  • Options

Good luck to Richard Wiseman and Steve Clarke when they meet with Murray tomorrow. One of their questions should be how is it possible to replace Ricky Holmes with Sulley KaiKai, and still keep a straight face when talking about promotion?

I think he is better than Holmes.
  • Options
    Red_James said:

cabbles said:

Sage said:

I remember he was excellent for Shrewsbury, was very influential for them and one of the most trickiest and skilful players in the league.

This is a replacement for Holmes, and Mavididi will hopefully move more central as well.

Magennis

I was hoping this might be a signing to give us more chance of going 2 up top. KaiKai, Marshall & Fosu competing for the wing positions and Mavididi and Mag up front
    I would play:

Mavididi

With Reeves as the playmaker and his being a out main creator i think he will get better for us, as i thought he struggles when he isnt involved and we would play through Holmes
    You'd keep going with 1 up front?

Why not utilise a 4-4-2 or 3-4-3?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kaikai is also able to play as front man although his preferred position is out wide.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

KaiKai's career record to date suggests otherwise.

Dodoo Mark 2.

• Options

Give the bloke a chance ffs. Holmes wasn’t exactly contributing very much over the last few months.
    Kaikai has an over all record off 22 goals in 91 games. That’s not bad at all.

He may turn out to be shit - and he would be in good company, or he may do a job for us.

Because of the shit show that we have become, we can’t be fussy with signings. The Manager has nothing to spend and has to get by with loans. I’m sure he would prefer not to, but that is where we are at.

People moan that we don’t sign somebody and moan when we do.
    Holmes was our POTY last season and while not so good this season, still contributed quality goals & assists. These attempts to talk Holmes down play into Duchatelet's hands.

• Options
    Obviously many of you haven’t seen Kaikai play... give the kid a chance and I am sure he will impress you
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Dodoo Mark 2.

Have you actually seen his career record?

2013– Crystal Palace 3 (0)
    2014 → Crawley Town (loan) 5 (0)
    2014–2015 → Cambridge United (loan) 25 (5)
    2015 → Shrewsbury Town (loan) 14 (5)
    2016 → Shrewsbury Town (loan) 12 (7)
    2016–2017 → Brentford (loan) 18 (3)

v

2013–2016 Leicester City 1 (0)
    2015 → Bury (loan) 4 (1)
    2016– Rangers 20 (3)
    2017 → Charlton Athletic (loan) 5 (1)

• Options
    _MrDick said:

Scraping the bottom of the barrel springs to mind. However, if I was a regular attendee this season I’d be saying give the lad a chance. As I’m a boycotter I say, he’s Palace .. no way Jose

Scraping the barrel was when we had Fraeye as manager or when we had wasters like Thuram, Lepoint and Koc turning up unannounced at the training ground
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Dodoo Mark 2.

Have you actually seen his career record?

2013– Crystal Palace 3 (0)
    2014 → Crawley Town (loan) 5 (0)
    2014–2015 → Cambridge United (loan) 25 (5)
    2015 → Shrewsbury Town (loan) 14 (5)
    2016 → Shrewsbury Town (loan) 12 (7)
    2016–2017 → Brentford (loan) 18 (3)

v

2013–2016 Leicester City 1 (0)
    2015 → Bury (loan) 4 (1)
    2016– Rangers 20 (3)
    2017 → Charlton Athletic (loan) 5 (1)

Also Dodoo is a striker, Kaikai is a winger...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let him come let him play judge him on what we see.
    Win promotion.
  • Options
    On paper then KaiKai has a better career record than Dodoo. But the bottom line is that Duchatelet has still sold our best creative player and Murray said only a % of that money would be used from Holmes' wages. So we have lost another highly effective player on a long term contract and brought in another loan.

The trajectory of the club and the short -termism is all wrong. Remember when Pardew embarked on his panic loan spree [ironically under Murray..] and how that ended up.

As Parkinson said to Pardew at the time [he told us later at a fan's gathering]

"You are signing too many loans"

A recipe for mediocrity.

a
  • Options

_MrDick said:

Scraping the bottom of the barrel springs to mind. However, if I was a regular attendee this season I’d be saying give the lad a chance. As I’m a boycotter I say, he’s Palace .. no way Jose

What exactly about his history suggests bottom of the barrel?
    It’s a reference to having to rely on players from Crystal Palace of all teams
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Red_James said:

cabbles said:

Sage said:

Magennis

I would play:

Mavididi

Yeah i would keep to the 4-2-3-1 Formation, don't think we have the defenders or the right central midfielder players to play 3-4-3.

Plan B would be 4-4-2
  • Options

Give the bloke a chance ffs. Holmes wasn’t exactly contributing very much over the last few months.
    Kaikai has an over all record off 22 goals in 91 games. That’s not bad at all.

He may turn out to be shit - and he would be in good company, or he may do a job for us.

Because of the shit show that we have become, we can’t be fussy with signings. The Manager has nothing to spend and has to get by with loans. I’m sure he would prefer not to, but that is where we are at.

People moan that we don’t sign somebody and moan when we do.
    Holmes was our POTY last season and while not so good this season, still contributed quality goals & assists. These attempts to talk Holmes down play into Duchatelet's hands.

Agreed, and I was as dissapointed when he left. But unfortunately this is where we are at at the moment.

Roly doesn’t give a toss what anybody thinks - he’s just emptying the accounts and getting as much cash as he can - expect that to continue until the night end.

I think you will be surprised at Kaikai - He he will be a good addition to the squad.

• Options

se9addick said:

How many loan players are we allowed in the 18 man squad now?

Thanks.

So Kaikai, Dasilva, Mavididi and Zonda is four leaving room for one big centre forward.

Sorted :wink:
    who is Zonda? And you forgot Amos.

I dunno mate but I quite like driving my Pagani Konsa
  • Options

On paper then KaiKai has a better career record than Dodoo. But the bottom line is that Duchatelet has still sold our best creative player and Murray said only a % of that money would be used from Holmes' wages. So we have lost another highly effective player on a long term contract and brought in another loan.

The trajectory of the club and the short -termism is all wrong. Remember when Pardew embarked on his panic loan spree [ironically under Murray..] and how that ended up.

As Parkinson said to Pardew at the time [he told us later at a fan's gathering]

"You are signing too many loans"

A recipe for mediocrity.

a

I think you're confusing people arguing with your nonsense statements about a player, with the non existent people saying it's a sign of a healthy regime.

Signing loans is a symptom, rather than the problem.
  • Options
    Red_James said:

Dazzler21 said:

Red_James said:

cabbles said:

Sage said:

Magennis

I would play:

Mavididi

Yeah i would keep to the 4-2-3-1 Formation, don't think we have the defenders or the right central midfielder players to play 3-4-3.

Plan B would be 4-4-2
    When all are fit I believe we are capable 3-4-3.

Amos

Konsa Pearce Bauer

Solly JFC Kashi Dasilva

Marshall Mavididi Fosu
  • Options
    Dont get why people are moaning so much about it being a loan, yes everyone knows loans are not ideal, non more so than Robinson if you listen to interviews. We have to accept that his hands are tied until the sale goes through, so we have to put up with loans so be it its a means to an end.
  • Options
    Anyway, as for Kaikai - if indeed he signs:

Good player and someone who nominally plays in "attack". We desperately need someone who plays somewhere further forward than holding midfielder - formation, it seems, is pretty irrelevant given Robinson's insistence on "rotations" (which is fine, if we A. had any depth and B. were any good).

Decent scoring record and he's a really difficult player to play against. Yes he's Palace, but it's not like we've never had ex-Palace players and it leaves a particularly bitter taste.

That said, if he's shit then he's Palace and can do one.