Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kaikai on loan

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Sage said:

I remember he was excellent for Shrewsbury, was very influential for them and one of the most trickiest and skilful players in the league.

This is a replacement for Holmes, and Mavididi will hopefully move more central as well.

What do we think then - maybe a front line of

Fosu/Marshall Mavididi KaiKai

Magennis

I was hoping this might be a signing to give us more chance of going 2 up top. KaiKai, Marshall & Fosu competing for the wing positions and Mavididi and Mag up front
    I don't think he'll go two up top unless we're a goal down with 20 mins to play.

Up at Oldham we won 3-4 without Magennis, but with KAG up top supported by Fosu and Clarke (and Holmes). It worked well that day. Problem was when we came under pressure we didn't have enough strength in midfield, and without Magennis looked weak defending set plays.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Good replacement until the end of the season to replace Holmes. Amazed that the manager has been allowed to bring anyone in even if it's only a loan.

Getting rid of the rat is number one than moaning that the fella comes from Palace.

Anyone remember a young lad from Greenwich that we signed on loan from Palace in 1992 who become a cult hero at the Valley a couple of years later.

Some people are two faced.

They always said that Holmes' wages were available for a loan.
  • Options

Another journeyman loan joins the club. Just what we needed.

Good luck to Richard Wiseman and Steve Clarke when they meet with Murray tomorrow. One of their questions should be how is it possible to replace Ricky Holmes with Sulley KaiKai, and still keep a straight face when talking about promotion?

Eh?
  • Options
    Red_James said:

Dazzler21 said:

Red_James said:

cabbles said:

Sage said:

I remember he was excellent for Shrewsbury, was very influential for them and one of the most trickiest and skilful players in the league.

This is a replacement for Holmes, and Mavididi will hopefully move more central as well.

Magennis

I was hoping this might be a signing to give us more chance of going 2 up top. KaiKai, Marshall & Fosu competing for the wing positions and Mavididi and Mag up front
    I would play:

Fosu/Marshall ....Reeves......KaiKai
    Mavididi

With Reeves as the playmaker and his being a out main creator i think he will get better for us, as i thought he struggles when he isnt involved and we would play through Holmes
    You'd keep going with 1 up front?

Why not utilise a 4-4-2 or 3-4-3?

Yeah i would keep to the 4-2-3-1 Formation, don't think we have the defenders or the right central midfielder players to play 3-4-3.

Plan B would be 4-4-2
    I favour the Christmas Pudding formation, with Reeves as the sixpence.

• Options
    Red_James said:

Dazzler21 said:

Red_James said:

cabbles said:

Sage said:

Magennis

I would play:

Mavididi

With Reeves as the playmaker and his being a out main creator i think he will get better for us, as i thought he struggles when he isnt involved and we would play through Holmes

Yeah i would keep to the 4-2-3-1 Formation, don't think we have the defenders or the right central midfielder players to play 3-4-3.

Plan B would be 4-4-2
    When fit

Amos
    Konsa Pearce Bauer
    Solly Kashi JFC Dasilva
    Marshall Magennis Mavididi

Works in a 343 easily, and has the right mix of players too.

With hardly any strikers in the squad, I'd argue we are more suited to this than a 442
  • Options
    notr sure if anyone has seen/mentioned this being reported in the Scottish sun

Hibernian could offload forward Anthony Stokes with Charlton Athletic and at least one Polish club keen on the 29-year-old.

• Options

On paper then KaiKai has a better career record than Dodoo. But the bottom line is that Duchatelet has still sold our best creative player and Murray said only a % of that money would be used from Holmes' wages. So we have lost another highly effective player on a long term contract and brought in another loan.

The trajectory of the club and the short -termism is all wrong. Remember when Pardew embarked on his panic loan spree [ironically under Murray..] and how that ended up.

As Parkinson said to Pardew at the time [he told us later at a fan's gathering]

"You are signing too many loans"

A recipe for mediocrity.

a

I think you're confusing people arguing with your nonsense statements about a player, with the non existent people saying it's a sign of a healthy regime.

Signing loans is a symptom, rather than the problem.
    Nonsense statements about the player ?

The lad is 24 & has knocked about at the likes of Cambridge & Stevenage.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

On paper then KaiKai has a better career record than Dodoo. But the bottom line is that Duchatelet has still sold our best creative player and Murray said only a % of that money would be used from Holmes' wages. So we have lost another highly effective player on a long term contract and brought in another loan.

The trajectory of the club and the short -termism is all wrong. Remember when Pardew embarked on his panic loan spree [ironically under Murray..] and how that ended up.

A recipe for mediocrity.

a

I think you're confusing people arguing with your nonsense statements about a player, with the non existent people saying it's a sign of a healthy regime.

Nonsense, he's younger than that, he's 22 and he played for them at 18 and 19 respectively.
  • Options

A recipe for mediocrity.

a

22 buddy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hibernian could offload forward Anthony Stokes with Charlton Athletic and at least one Polish club keen on the 29-year-old.

Failed to turn up in court over a driving offence and missed training this week. No wonder they want rid of him.
  • Options
    Also, Holmes at the same age was "knocking about" at Chelmsford and then Barnet
  • Options
    Fairly sure we nearly signed Stokes about 5 years ago
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Red_James said:

Dazzler21 said:

Red_James said:

cabbles said:

Sage said:

Magennis

I would play:

Mavididi

Plan B would be 4-4-2
    When fit

Amos
    Konsa Pearce Bauer
    Solly Kashi JFC Dasilva
    Marshall Magennis Mavididi

Works in a 343 easily, and has the right mix of players too.

With hardly any strikers in the squad, I'd argue we are more suited to this than a 442
    I know I already posted my team, but would you really go Magennis over Fosu if all fit?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Red_James said:

Dazzler21 said:

Red_James said:

cabbles said:

Sage said:

Magennis

I would play:

Mavididi

Plan B would be 4-4-2
    When all are fit I believe we are capable 3-4-3.

Amos

Konsa Pearce Bauer

Solly JFC Kashi Dasilva

Marshall Mavididi Fosu
    I'd even say

Amos
    Konsa - Lennon - Jackson
    Solly - Aribo - Kashi - Dasilva
    Marshall - Mavididi - Fosu

Options in attack from the bench:

Marshall <
    Reeves >

Mavididi <
    Magennis >

Fosu <
    KAG>

That defence did well for the most part of the last cup game.

Obviously though the sooner Bauer and Sarr are back the better. As they'd take Lennon and Jackson's positions.
  • Options
    Not seen enough of Mavididi to know if he could play central in that formation, but if he could then yes, Fosu on the left and Mavididi in the middle
  • Options

I wonder what he has done wrong this time?

He would help us out of this league, but I am sure Hibs would want a big fee for him.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    sam3110 said:

Not seen enough of Mavididi to know if he could play central in that formation, but if he could then yes, Fosu on the left and Mavididi in the middle

Sure, fair dos.

Although I've seen enough of Magennis to know that, on current form, he can't play central in that formation. :-)
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

He would help us out of this league, but I am sure Hibs would want a big fee for him.
    they just want rid/wages freed up.

he has just been done for driving without a licence and is always out on the piss.

he is a massive twat.
  • Options
    Anthony Stokes! Hahahaha. He's up there with Hayden Mullins in rumoured-to-be-joining stakes.

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole incidentally - think he still demands big wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

they just want rid/wages freed up.

he has just been done for driving without a licence and is always out on the piss.

he is a massive twat.
    Not dissimilar to Watt then, and that worked out well.

• Options
    Kai Kai, so good they named him twice.
  • Options

A recipe for mediocrity.

a

Same age as Fosu, who was knocking about at the 'likes of' accrington before us.

You seen much of him play, by the way?
  • Options

A recipe for mediocrity.

a

Kaikai career is similar to Lambert, Holt and Vardy at the age of 22. In fact being at a premier club he is ahead of that trio at the same age.
  • Options
    Obviously a striker is the main target, but a ball winning midfielder should also be on the list.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

A recipe for mediocrity.

a

He's 22 and hasn't played for Cambridge or Stevenage.... apart from that you're spot on.
    Kaikai made 25 appearances for Cambridge United on loan. My apologies for stating that he also played for Stevenage, it was a much bigger club, Crawley Town.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Fairly sure we nearly signed Stokes about 5 years ago

Stokes was mooted to be signing in the January 2007 transfer window, at the same time we were linked with Clint Dempsey, Kevin Thomson and Scott Brown.

Instead we signed Zheng Zhi, Ben Thatcher, Alex Song and Madjid Bougherra.
  • Options

A recipe for mediocrity.

a

He's 22 and hasn't played for Cambridge or Stevenage.... apart from that you're spot on.
    Kaikai made 25 appearances for Cambridge United on loan. My apologies for stating that he also played for Stevenage, it was a much bigger club, Crawley Town.
    Read through Wiki too fast. He did indeed play for Cambridge.
  • Options

A recipe for mediocrity.

a

Kaikai has played for Cambridge and Shrewsbury on loan. Not sure where 24 came from, but guess Stevenage was simply a mistake.