Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    Warwickshire aren't exactly struggling with the bat - 148-0 and just 19 behind!
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Warwickshire aren't exactly struggling with the bat - 148-0 and just 19 behind!

As a day it didn't exactly go to plan! By the sound of things batting first was a lousy decision, Billings, Walker, Donald out boooooooooooo :wink:
    Clive Eakin

BBC Coventry & Warwickshire Sport

Kent's decision to bat first was presumably based on the assumption that the pitch would deteriorate having been used on T20 Blast finals day - but it may cost them the second division title.

They endured the most testing batting conditions on the first day, although Warwickshire's bowlers deserve credit with Chris Wright, Olly Stone and Keith Barker all performing well to claim three wickets each.

That Kent's most productive partnership came from their numbers 10 and 11 was an indication that batting was getting easier and Warwickshire took full advantage.

Will Rhodes batted positively from the start to complete his fourth century of the season at nearly a run a ball, sharing in an unbeaten century stand with a more circumspect Dominic Sibley.
  • Options
    170-1, the collapse starts here
  • Options

We'll be lucky to restrict them to a lead of 300!
  • Options

We'll be lucky to restrict them to a lead of 300!
    Or maybe not. Now 217-2 and a lead of 50. Bell gone.
  • Options
    I see Adam Riley's 3 overs went for 32, ouch
  • Options
    225-3 Trott out. Two wickets for Podmore and one to Stewart.
  • Options
    Just need to get this Sibley character out and then we're into the tail.

We've got the Bears right where we want them and they're running scared - they'll be off to the woods before you know it.
  • Options

We've got the Bears right where we want them and they're running scared - they'll be off to the woods before you know it.

Even when we are not playing you guys a Surrey produced batsman is causing you problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Even when we are not playing you guys a Surrey produced batsman is causing you problems.
    https://www.ecb.co.uk/video/780473/joe-denly-hits-t20-100-then-takes-hat-trick
    Fair point
  • Options
    246-4

Riley traps Hain LBW
  • Options
    Lancashire relegated after failing to reach 300.
  • Options
    Lancashire relegated. As only Div 1 counts for England selection, perhaps Buttler and Anderson could turn out for us when they need some red ball practice?
  • Options
    284-5. Warwickshire lead Kent by 117 runs with 5 wickets remaining
  • Options

Riles has had a better day today with figures of 11-3-24-2
  • Options

Denly's picked up a wicket too, the decision to go with 2 spinners being justified. Indeed we're not taking the new ball

A shame we're so far behind, as it could be interesting if Warks have to bat last and have a target to chase
  • Options
    295-6. Warwickshire lead Kent by 128 runs with 4 wickets remaining
  • Options

England's Denly's picked up a wicket too, the decision to go with 2 spinners being justified. Indeed we're not taking the new ball

A shame we're so far behind, as it could be interesting if Warks have to bat last and have a target to chase
    Corrected for you.

You're welcome :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been watching a small fat bloke smash India around for a hundred. Mesmerising viewing
  • Options
    Duane DibleyDom Sibley is finally out for 119, Henners with the wicket.

Bears 317-7, a lead of 150.

Tea is now being served.
  • Options
    Marcus Trescothick has signed another 1 year deal at Somerset. He's actually 4 months older than Darren Stevens!
  • Options

Marcus Trescothick has signed another 1 year deal at Somerset. He's actually 4 months older than Darren Stevens!

I didn't know there was anyone older than Darren Stevens!

When he was a lad Methuselah had Stevo posters on his wall ...
  • Options
    373-8 past 110 overs so just the 2 bowling bonus points. Academic I know!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Could be worse - Essex have just declared and their first innings lead over Surrey is "only" 410 with more than 2 days to go!
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Could be worse - Essex have just declared and their first innings lead over Surrey is "only" 410 with more than 2 days to go!
    I'm just thankful we sorted it all out last week...
  • Options
    379-9 a second wicket for Denly
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Just been watching a small fat bloke smash India around for a hundred. Mesmerising viewing

That's elfsborg.
    A man of many talents.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    380 all out 3 for Denly

We need 214 to make Warwickshire bat again.