Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    redman said:

Remind me who Stewart is please?

Grant Stewart.

Plucked out of club cricket with Sandwich last season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Stewart_(cricketer)
  • Options
    We're going to struggle to get promoted if we can't get any batting points.

Even if we win every game (yeah, right) other teams would make up the difference with their bonus points.
  • Options
    Sussex 6-2.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

redman said:

Grant Stewart.

Last weekend he took a hat trick for Sandwich against Bexley including the first ball scalps of Scotland internationals Matt Cross and Callum MacLeod. Kent would only allow him to bowl 7 overs in the game because he's coming back from injury.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Sussex 6-2.

Only one of them to Henry! The other to Podmore and both caught behind by Rouse. Meanwhile Billings gets his 2nd top score in this IPL of 27 (off 22)
  • Options

We're going to struggle to get promoted if we can't get any batting points.

Even if we win every game (yeah, right) other teams would make up the difference with their bonus points.

Bizarre to win 2 games and have 0 batting points after them it shows how lethal our seam attack has been, and how much our batsmen have struggled
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

redman said:

Grant Stewart.

Thanks
  • Options
    Come on the lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry has been a quite outstanding overseas signing.
  • Options
    30 wickets already.
  • Options

30 for 251 runs. (8.3 average)

I know that I shouldn't keep comparing Henry to Coles because Henry isn't a straight replacement (although him leaving would have freed up some money) BUT Coles took 32 wickets last season at 41.03!
  • Options
    CHG said:

Henry has been a quite outstanding overseas signing.

Surprisingly his Test stats are nothing special, I imagine he's most dangerous in English type conditions

9 tests, 25 wickets at nearly 47
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    The dangerous Luke Wright out nice and early. Henry again.

78/5
    Come on Kent
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Game stopped for rain.
    Looking at the whether on my phone it’s raining solidly to the end of the game.
    Shame if correct.
  • Options
    178/8
  • Options
    Kent 97-4 in their second innings. Lead 131
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kent 125-4

Bad Light stopped play
  • Options
    How the mighty have fallen! Fabian Cowdrey (alongside his twin brother Julius) is playing for Minster 1st X1 in Div 3 (so effectively the 4th tier) of the KCL.
  • Options

How the mighty have fallen! Fabian Cowdrey (alongside his twin brother Julius) is playing for Minster 1st X1 in Div 3 (so effectively the 4th tier) of the KCL.

I would question whether Fabian Cowdrey ever qualified as mighty!
  • Options
    It's not just with the ball that Henry is excelling for us - he made 55 in our second innings.

226-8 and a lead of 260
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I would question whether Fabian Cowdrey ever qualified as mighty!
    Maybe not at first class level but in that standard of club cricket he should be as he is in his prime years still.

It's not like an old pro past his best playing on.
  • Options
    Didn't he quit because he had fallen out of love with the game or something?

Perhaps he is just playing at a level he can relax and enjoy without having to take it too seriously.
  • Options
    235 all out and a lead of 269
  • Options
    I rather think Cowdrey is being paid:

But now, after playing in the Shepherd Neame Kent League, Premier Division for Lordswood in the summer of 2017, Fabian Cowdrey has accepted the invitation to join the ambitious island club, who were clear winners of the Division 4 title last season.

• Options
    Sussex set 270 to win. You have to fancy Kent to win this one - it's not often that the team batting last gets the highest innings score. Kent have made good signings in Henry and Kuhn - they both looked very good from the day's play I saw. The best chance for Sussex is to see off Henry and take advantage of the less experienced bowlers.
  • Options

Sussex set 270 to win. You have to fancy Kent to win this one - it's not often that the team batting last gets the highest innings score. Kent have made good signings in Henry and Kuhn - they both looked very good from the day's play I saw. The best chance for Sussex is to see off Henry and take advantage of the less experienced bowlers.

And as if by magic Salt c Kuhn b Henry 11

24-1