Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    Kent Spitfires start the Royal London One-Day Cup season on the road this week.
    The squad travel to Sussex and Middlesex on Thursday and Sunday before a homecoming at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence on Friday 25 May (11am) against Glamorgan.
    Kent continue the group stage with a double-header at The County Ground, Beckenham against oldest rivals Surrey on Friday 1 June and Gloucestershire on Sunday 3 June.
  • Options
    Great start for Kent!

25-3 at one point but now 60-3 with DBD and Blake repairing the damage

• Options
    117/4, DBD on 52no
  • Options
    129/6 rouse out for 2. Time to drop him, looks horribly out of form. Bring in young Ollie Robinson, what harm can it do
  • Options
    129-6 DBD 58*
  • Options

129/6 rouse out for 2. Time to drop him, looks horribly out of form. Bring in young Ollie Robinson, what harm can it do

Having known Ollie since he was born I would love to see that happen and think that it will sooner than later.

However, I think we might be making Rouse (who is batting at 7) a scapegoat for our batting failings - those batting ahead of him include the likes of Crawley (123 in 9 innings), Dickson (203 in 10 innings), Denly (129 in 8 innings not including meaningless game against Pakistan), Stevens (25 in 5 innings) and even DBD (181 in 8 innings prior to today) have all been poor so I wouldn't even rule out Rouse keeping the gloves and Ollie coming in as a top 5 bat if things carry on as they are.
  • Options
    150-8 DBD 68*
  • Options
    150-8 after 34. We'll be lucky to bat 40 overs, never mind 50
  • Options
    162-8 off 38

Looks like we've played their spinners, Briggs and Wells, as if they were Murali and Warne - figures of 20-1-53-5 between them.
  • Options
    165/9 grim

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    About par for our innings this season.
  • Options
    I think we're treating this like a Championship innings - under no circumstances are we allowed to get above 200.
  • Options

165/9 grim

It’s not grim when you have Matt Henry in your team.

• Options
    188 all out

DBD made 90
  • Options
    It was a poor batting performance by Kent aside from Bell-Drummond’s very steady innings. Kent seemed to be caught between rash shots and trying to be cautious. Still, 188 may be enough with Sussex’s iffy batting.
  • Options
    19-2

One each to Claydon and Henry
  • Options
    I see Qayyum got the nod for the spinner slot. Tough competition for Riley and Tredders to get any form of first team cricket at the moment
  • Options
    113/2, and Stevens only brought on in the 25th over, he clearly can't be fit
  • Options

113/2, and Stevens only brought on in the 25th over, he clearly can't be fit

He bowled a good first over too
  • Options
    Henry gets Wells. I did wonder if Henry should have come back 20-30 runs ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pants

Sussex won by 7 wickers with 10 over left. What the hell is going on with our batting at the moment?
  • Options

Pants

Sussex won by 7 wickers with 10 over left. What the hell is going on with our batting at the moment?

Two batsman in double figures, extras makes it three.

Piss poor effort.
  • Options
    Poor scoring rate as well
  • Options
    It was strange. I was at Canterbury for part of the County Championship game and at Hove today. I am Sussex supporter, but I thought Kent were buzzing in the 4-day game and fully deserved their win but they looked lacklustre today - some of the dismissals were poor given the state of the game. I suppose you might say that Sussex wanted it more today.
  • Options
    Middlesex 157-1 after 23ish overs. Flat pitch and innocuous bowling
  • Options
    266-6 of 42, a bit of a collapse!
  • Options
    102-5, rubbish batting again. The only solace is the sun and the ales. ..
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    How did we honestly expect to improve from last years shambles by only replacing northeast for Kuhn? Serious questions need to be asked
  • Options

How did we honestly expect to improve from last years shambles by only replacing northeast for Kuhn? Serious questions need to be asked

The frustrating thing is that many batsmen have gone backwards since last season, with Denly contributing more with the ball than the bat at the moment.

It was so frustrating the way the spinners tied us down, there's no invention in the way we play them