Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    I can't imagine conditions are very easy to bat in, so have no confidence that Kent won't do worse!

• Options
    Somerset are motoring now. 130-5 off 28.2
  • Options
    153-5 off 31.2 now.

Denly bowled an over and went for 10
  • Options
    167-5 off 33
  • Options
    "V D Merwe - probably not too happy that he has that on the back of his shirt"
  • Options
    172-7 off 34
  • Options
    172-7 off 34
  • Options
    edited May 2018

172-7 off 34

Snap !
  • Options

172-7 off 34

172-7 off 34

Ladies first!
  • Options
    Anyone know how many overs per bowler with the reduction?

Stevo was taken off after 8 so I'm guessing that unless he is being saved for 1 at the death.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Stevo was taken off after 8 so I'm guessing that unless he is being saved for 1 at the death.

Two can bowl 9 I believe
  • Options
    184-8
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Two can bowl 9 I believe
    Haggett just bowling his 9th and Henry will certainly be the other
  • Options
    209-9 with two overs to go
  • Options
    Really not sure about Podmore. The tats are bad enough but as for those ear rings!

He's also been our worst bowler by far (apart from Denly's one over that is)
  • Options
    221-9 off 42 innings closed

Henry 9-0-37-3
    Haggett 9-0-42-3
    Claydon 8-0-32-1
    Stevens 8-0-36-2
    Podmore 7-0-61-0
    Denly 1-0-10-0
  • Options
    The extra 20 runs given away by Podmore could prove crucial here. Never seen him before but if I was Thomas or Hunn I would be a bit pissed off.
  • Options
    I'm not going to curse our reply...

Instead I will note that Worcester saw a great match today (amazingly there seems to have been no rain there)
    Leic 376-4
    Worcs 380-4 in 47.2 overs!

Callum Ferguson made 192 in 143 balls

• Options
    It's raining I assume, we're 88-1 off 16, surely ahead on D/L
  • Options

Isn't 20 overs minimum to count?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Isn't 20 overs minimum to count?
    I've seen people on Twitter saying it's 10 for the Royal London cup
  • Options
    Shame the game finished as it has as it was nicely poised.

That said having been in Kent and driven to London late morning I'm frankly amazed and impressed that they managed any sort of game at all today.
  • Options

I'm not going to curse our reply...

Instead I will note that Worcester saw a great match today (amazingly there seems to have been no rain there)
    Leic 376-4
    Worcs 380-4 in 47.2 overs!

Callum Ferguson made 192 in 143 balls

We've modelled ourselves on England. Fearsome one-day batting unit, load of absolute toss in the longer stuff
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Shame the game finished as it has as it was nicely poised.

That said having been in Kent and driven to London late morning I'm frankly amazed and impressed that they managed any sort of game at all today.

Yes, considering the flooding across Kent, it was amazing that we managed to play enough overs to get a result!
  • Options
    Good win. Group so tightly poised. Should be interesting games at Beckenham on Friday and Sunday.
  • Options
    In the last six weeks Billings has batted 8 times with scores of 9,3,9,3,27,1,0 & 4.

He was interviewed with the score on 8-3 in the middle and asked what he was going to do and his response was that he would need to form a partnership. After two dot balls he was out.

And therein lies the problem for batsmen who commit to the shortest form of the game. It is extremely hard to assess pitch conditions when you're in form but when you're not it must be nigh on impossible. And how do you then go about playing yourself into form when the need to tee off is, well, yesterday?
  • Options
    Kent are 40/0 in no time against Surrey.
  • Options
    Come on lads beat the snobs.