Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options

How did we honestly expect to improve from last years shambles by only replacing northeast for Kuhn? Serious questions need to be asked

The frustrating thing is that many batsmen have gone backwards since last season, with Denly contributing more with the ball than the bat at the moment.

It was so frustrating the way the spinners tied us down, there's no invention in the way we play them
    And to think I was looking forward to the cricket season....
  • Options

Dickson in for Qayyum strengthens the batting, but makes our bowling options look a bit thin
  • Options
    A bit thin is being kind - DBD, Crawley, Kuhn, Dickson, Blake and of course Rouse simply don't bowl. So the other five have to use up all of their 10 including Denly and Lord help us if Stevens or one of the others breaks down.
  • Options
    Glamorgan 85-1 off 20
  • Options
    Glamorgan 274 all out
  • Options
    Kent 7-1 off 4 overs

D B-D the man out for 3
  • Options
    Do kent realise it's a one day game ? Run rate already at almost 6 an over !
  • Options

Do kent realise it's a one day game ? Run rate already at almost 6 an over !

If they revert to Championship-style cricket they won't get over 200!
  • Options
    43-1 after 12
  • Options
    100* for Denly.

Finally someone had got a tonne this summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    217-5 off 39. 58 needed off 11

Denly 110* (113)
  • Options
    238-5
    37 off 6.5
  • Options
    Kent win. 150* Denly.
    Never in doubt was it guys?
  • Options
    F*ck me, Kent won a game. And scored over 200. And a batsman got a ton.
  • Options

F*ck me, Kent won a game. And scored over 200. And a batsman got a ton.

The key to the second of those facts is the third one.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Wow. Never saw any of that coming (apart from some of the smaller scores by the Kent batsmen).
  • Options
    Difficult to believe, given the players we've had over the years, that Denly's 150 was the highest individual score any batsman has made for Kent in a one day match .
  • Options
    Not wishing to piss on everyone’s fireworks but apart from Denly’s superb knock the rest of them did SFA!
    Great win nevertheless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not wishing to piss on everyone’s fireworks but apart from Denly’s superb knock the rest of them did SFA!
    Great win nevertheless.

I think Blake's 41 off 37 is probably worthy of mention. He put on 88 in 12 overs with Denly and had he got out early we probably wouldn't have won.
  • Options

Great win nevertheless.

I think Blake's 41 off 37 is probably worthy of mention. He put on 88 in 12 overs with Denly and had he got out early we probably wouldn't have won.
    Yes, that’s true.
  • Options

Great win nevertheless.

I'll second that.

He looked to be gaining confidence ball by ball so that augers well for future innings.

Needless to say, like Henry, he was exceptional in the field.
  • Options
    Kent Win!!! Hampshire were 5 wickets down and cruising. They needed 5 runs off 1.4 overs and have lost!!!
  • Options

Un feckin believable !

I followed the whole match until Hants required 6 runs off 10 balls ( I think) & switched off as it was a foregone conclusion....

Oh me of little faith !!!! The fat lady clearly lost her voice !

Who bowled that final over ?

Absolutely brilliant result on a wicket that the commentators said was getting easier for the batsmen and gave little to the bowlers.

SOOPER SPITFIRES !!!!!

Matt Henry
  • Options

Un feckin believable !

I followed the whole match until Hants required 6 runs off 10 balls ( I think) & switched off as it was a foregone conclusion....

Absolutely brilliant result on a wicket that the commentators said was getting easier for the batsmen and gave little to the bowlers.

SOOPER SPITFIRES !!!!!

Matt Henry
    Thanks, @alan dugdale .

Great bowling and/or brilliant fielding, I wonder ....
  • Options
    Amazing win that.
  • Options

Un feckin believable !

SOOPER SPITFIRES !!!!!

Matt Henry
    Thanks, @alan dugdale .

Great bowling and/or brilliant fielding, I wonder ....
    To quote the great Barry Davies:

"And frankly, who cares?!"
  • Options
    How many times has someone made an unbeaten ton, but comprehensively thrown the game away like that?