Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options
    Great innings from Henry has given us a very good chance of winning the match. 55 off 53 balls with five 4s and three 6s.

Sussex 29-1 chasing 270. Henry with the wicket, of course.
  • Options
    Make that 30-2! Another one for Henry.

Blimey I thought the score update curse only worked on us, not on the opposition as well.
  • Options

Kent’s scores remind me of my school’s under 10 games

Just bringing this to the top for you tma!
  • Options

Kent’s scores remind me of my school’s under 10 games

Just bringing this to the top for you tma!
    100 run win for Kent here, I fancy. I assume the pitch inspectors will dock a few points.
  • Options
    Couple of quick wickets has Sussex 76-4
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I have a bad feeling about today. Charlton and Sussex stuffed in the same day. Why do I support the teams I do?
  • Options

I have a bad feeling about today. Charlton and Sussex stuffed in the same day. Why do I support the teams I do?
    It's not too late for you to change allegiance to Kent.
  • Options

It's not too late for you to change allegiance to Kent.
    ...and Shrewsbury, perhaps.
  • Options
    100-4 at tea.
  • Options
    158-5 Luke Wright C & B Thomas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sussex 197-7
  • Options
    197-7

73 more needed

The Kent/Charlton dream double still a possibility
  • Options
    201-7
  • Options
    201-8
  • Options
    211-9
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Kent won by 58 runs

Henry 6-53
  • Options
    211 all out

One leg won - COYR!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Not the match thread!!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Deserved win for Kent and a fairly close game. Kuhn and Henry by far the best two players in the game. The rest looked ordinary in comparison.
  • Options
    My brother's mate Ivan with a couple of crucial wickets, nice to see him just about clinging to a pro career
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henry really has made out attack a lot more penetrable. A win without god as well.
  • Options
    CHG said:

Henry really has made out attack a lot more penetrable. A win without god as well.

CHG said:

And therein lies the issue - Henry (37) + Stevens (18) = 55 wickets whereas The Rest = 19 wickets

So Henry goes back and Stevens is injured and we are in a bit of trouble,
  • Options
    Plus our batting has been particularly average - we went on a pre-season tour to make sure our players were ready at the off but that really doesn't appear to have helped.

Stevens, Henry and our best bat Kuhn (45.83) weren't on that tour but the likes of DBD (25.71), Denly (18.42), Crawley (17.57), Dickson (15.00), Rouse (8.66), Stewart (12.75) and Gidman (6.75) all were.
  • Options

Plus our batting has been particularly average - we went on a pre-season tour to make sure our players were ready at the off but that really doesn't appear to have helped.

Stevens, Henry and our best bat Kuhn (45.83) weren't on that tour but the likes of DBD (25.71), Denly (18.42), Crawley (17.57), Dickson (15.00), Rouse (8.66), Stewart (12.75) and Gidman (6.75) all were.

We have 1 batting point and are second in the table. Warwickshire have 11 batting points from the same number of games and are first in the table 15 points ahead of us.
  • Options
    How’s our captain played...?

Henry has taken at least 3 wickets in every innings so far.

We have won3 games with a grand total of 1 batting point and scored a total of 1300 runs at average of 162.5 per innings
  • Options

The pre season tour was weeks before the start of the season, Not sure what good it would do
  • Options
    Kent's season is gonna end when Matt Henry's time comes to an end. Billings might add a little spine to the batting lineup, if he's not constantly carrying the drinks for England's white ball teams. Many many hours are required in the nets for all the batsmen. And there'll be plenty of time for the necessary practice with the games all done inside 3 days.
    Promotion? Only if a 3rd competent bowler comes to light and 5 or 6 competent batters to replace the village lineup on show so far, not even Stevo can do it all by himself.
  • Options
    The one day cup starts tomorrow with a game at Hove. I'll be going on Sunday as we face Middlesex at Radlett
  • Options

The one day cup starts tomorrow with a game at Hove. I'll be going on Sunday as we face Middlesex at Radlett

I'll be at Hove tomorrow. Thankfully, Henry will only be allowed to bowl 10 overs. However, I still expect a Kent victory.
  • Options

Plan is for me to go as well, I live in Middlesex so I better make the effort.

Never heard of Radlett mind.