Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Options
    Between us @Len\'s_little_girl and I have As You Were, Mischievous Max and Red Indian in the 2:50. All each way of course.

• Options
    2.50 As You Were - a little dabble each-way.
  • Options
    Diamond king e/w in the next for me. Won this two years ago and is back hurdling after not taking to chasing.
  • Options
    Paul Townend riding Max Dynamite
  • Options
    Watching on plus 1 and thought Samco was class and young Jack Kennedy gave him a presidential ride.
  • Options
    FFS! Sums up my Cheltenham so far this year
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Had samcro in first the sky bet boost, samcro or percey to win in last, lucky. Lumped at 5/6... Got barra and As you were ew in the next... 6 places with sky bet
  • Options
    Think I snuck a place there with The Organist in fifth. Nice one.
  • Options
    16/1 place... Having a stormer... Altior in the the next 11/10 and then Auvergnat and Josie's order ew
  • Options
    Red Indian sneaked 6th. @Len\'s_little_girl chose that one though. Mine stopped for some hay halfway round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seeing as ITV go off air at Cheltenham at 4.30 - will the 4.50 be shown live on TV anywhere?
  • Options
    Very speculative punt on Ordinary World for the next.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Red Indian sneaked 6th. @Len\'s_little_girl chose that one though. Mine stopped for some hay halfway round.

I hope Dounikos left some for him :smile:
  • Options
    Yep, the bookies or anywhere that has Racing UK.
  • Options
    Sentiment means I'd love to see Douvan with a good run; my head wants to see Altior confirm his status as an absolute beast; my heart wants to see Ar Mad spring a shock!
  • Options
    Oh balls, forgot Ar Mad is useless going anticlockwise lol
  • Options
    Altior wins.
  • Options
    I had Altior at 5/1, but before that had 2 2nds and a nowhere.
  • Options
    Ordinary World lost gloriously which is what usually happens with my bets!

Still sticking with the E/Ws though and my choice for the 4:10 is Vicomte Du Seuil just to show that although I hate the EU I don't mind the French :wink:
  • Options
    I've backed Cause of Causes and The Last Samuri in the 16.10.
    I've still got enough free bets to last for Cheltenham & Aintree and beyond.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ruby Walsh has a suspected broken leg according to Willie Mullins.
  • Options
    So far

Placed
    Won
    Placed
    Won

Last race on to see if I get any readies back
  • Options
    Had a Samcro-Altior double, too, for some semblance of "value". Tidy.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Had a Samcro-Altior double, too, for some semblance of "value". Tidy.

Likewise.
  • Options
    Altior is an incredible animal.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

16/1 place... Having a stormer... Altior in the the next 11/10 and then Auvergnat and Josie's order ew

should post before the races so we can all get on @CAFCsayer unless you are like my friend who only shows the winning bets ;) i imagine from the crypto friend you are quite astute or have a good tipster.
  • Options
    First thread I've read since our return from Tangerine Land as this is an issue I feel quite strongly about.

I know. We've been here before & Along with a few other animal lovers, I've been shouted down by those who have clearly been well treated, well loved racehorses in a previous life who were fortunate enough to survive the rigours of this so called sport.

I'll leave it there but suffice to say, I'd already signed this petition via Facebook and I'll continue to do so every time the matter arises, as I'm sure it will.

Please don't try to "educate" me . This lady's not for turning. End of.

I have my thoughts on this & you may have a different viewpoint but isn't that what CL is all about ?
  • Options
    Not sure what my jockey was doing on Urgent De Gregaine. Waited far too long.
  • Options
    As someone who's also signed the petition - as has resident bookie bobmunro - I think you might've posted on the wrong thread FF!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Tiger Roll wins.
    2nd Urgent de Grugaine
    3rd The Last Samuri.
    Cause of Causes pulled up.