Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Options

bobmunro said:

personally wouldn't bother next year, was quite difficult to hear in a strange location and the constant heckling for the crowd got a bit tedious, at crowd questions at the end, one lad asked to nick luck what horse would you rather sucked your balls redicean or douvan, and when Paul keally was asked question few people started shouting out you fat bastard and who eat all the pies

Sounds similar to some of the idiots that actually go to the Festival now.
    unfortunately the loafers and no socks brigade have got hold of it.
    Quite an astute observation. I agree it seems to attract a lot of Lad Bible types to it now
  • Options
    edited March 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsau32l_vYI

Would have been Sir Peter's 100th birthday today. Enjoy!!..... the one and only Desert Orchid winning the 1989 GC.
    For those too young to have ever seen Dessie race, he's doesn't take a lot of spotting. :smile:

Without a doubt one of my favourite live sporting experiences. What a spectacular race horse he was.

I would add that Sir Peter was the finest race commentator of them all - and up there with commentators of any sport. Not just that, I had the immense pleasure of being in his company on many occasions and he was one of life’s true gentlemen.
  • Options
    Bid and won a painting of Red Rum signed by Sir Peter and he presented it to me and can certainly second that he was a true gentlemen
  • Options

Phoenix sports club £5 to get in includes a pint and a buffet and they have a bookie there.

Is that where you will be Steve?
    If I can get afternoon off

• Options
    cabbles said:

bobmunro said:

personally wouldn't bother next year, was quite difficult to hear in a strange location and the constant heckling for the crowd got a bit tedious, at crowd questions at the end, one lad asked to nick luck what horse would you rather sucked your balls redicean or douvan, and when Paul keally was asked question few people started shouting out you fat bastard and who eat all the pies

Sounds similar to some of the idiots that actually go to the Festival now.
    unfortunately the loafers and no socks brigade have got hold of it.
    Quite an astute observation. I agree it seems to attract a lot of Lad Bible types to it now
    Far too many - no interest in racing just getting pissed up, have gone club enclosure both days this year as slightly better than Guinness village
  • Options
    Despite connections maintaining that Samcro is still going for the Ballymore, the potential soft ground has either meant that punters are putting two and two together and backing the horse for the Supreme - or some people speak with forked tongue!
  • Options

Unlucky. The worst pundit/tipster by an absolute street!!! Can't legislate for that sort of thing unfortunately.

On the flipside to her putting up Oxford Blu, Frank Hickey from Paddy Power who does Racing Post Podcast and has a decent record has put your lad up as a bet
  • Options
    sceau royal to miss cheltenham - shame as i expected it to go quite close in the arkle.
  • Options
    Interesting polzeathNick and do know he has been backed at 40/1 and 33/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Samcro gamble I think is because a well known Tipster put up a bet yesterday at 16/1 but only if you get non runner no bet and his thinking was behind the soft ground
  • Options
    I lumped on Acey Milan in the Champions bumper, purely based on the fact its an excellent name
  • Options

Interesting polzeathNick and do know he has been backed at 40/1 and 33/1

I'm certainly on Killer - don't want to miss the party!
    Best of luck.
  • Options
    Has anyone come across any good cheltenham previews yet? Always enjoy reading them but haven't seen anything yet.
  • Options
    This is by a young chap called Callum owns shares in a couple of horses mainly flat, but as a freebie I think this is a great preview https://issuu.com/callumconnochie/docs/cheltenham_festival_preview_2018_/1?ff=true
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Is the Charlton Life league in the Telegraph fantasy racing game happening this year? Can't recall who set it up in previous years

• Options
    That was a brilliant write up btw @palarsehater
  • Options
    Cafc95 said:

i agree hes a very good chap to follow on twitter aswell, as clearly loves his sport as i mentioned hes more of a flat man, think hes involved with the champagne charlies syndicate, i know they have ghost serge in there stable, its good to see a younger person be interested in it so much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cafc95 said:

i agree hes a very good chap to follow on twitter aswell, as clearly loves his sport as i mentioned hes more of a flat man, think hes involved with the champagne charlies syndicate, i know they have ghost serge in there stable, its good to see a younger person be interested in it so much.
    Much prefer the flats myself. That's why I enjoy these previews. Checked out his twitter right after reading
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    https://www.irishpost.co.uk/news/ryanair-chief-michael-oleary-become-billionaire-first-time-150876

........... pass the sick bag! ....................that'll be Euros20
  • Options

https://www.irishpost.co.uk/news/ryanair-chief-michael-oleary-become-billionaire-first-time-150876

........... pass the sick bag! ....................that'll be Euros20

To be fair it's only a dollar billionaire.
    Not even euro, let alone GBP

#pauper
  • Options
    That's a shame - looked every inch a potential back-to-back winner. Race still wide open though!
  • Options
    Waiting Patiently will miss the Ryanair Chase & head to Aintree for the Betway Bowl
  • Options
    I don’t know if I have missed it but what race is Stormy Ireland in next week?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    CHG said:

I don’t know if I have missed it but what race is Stormy Ireland in next week?

Next Friday, supreme? Not supreme the triumph.
  • Options

Waiting Patiently will miss the Ryanair Chase & head to Aintree for the Betway Bowl

makes sense as if the rain continues i cant see anything beating uds, the 5/2 a few weeks back looks a steal now at evens i wouldnt touch it as a single.
  • Options
    Isnt Stormy Ireland entered into the mares Novices Hurdle the day before aswell? Will it def run in the triumph?