Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Options
    Nicholas said:

Isnt Stormy Ireland entered into the mares Novices Hurdle the day before aswell? Will it def run in the triumph?

Exactly, unsure, I have backed him in the Triumph.

• Options
    Same here, hopefully it gets pulled out of the Mares hurdle.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Isnt Stormy Ireland entered into the mares Novices Hurdle the day before aswell? Will it def run in the triumph?

entered but the fave in that race ( laurina ) has the same owner so unlikely when they would race both
  • Options

Nicholas said:

entered but the fave in that race ( laurina ) has the same owner so unlikely when they would race both
    Correct - Stormy Ireland will not take on Laurina. It will go for the Triumph or not at all.
  • Options
    Potential plot job: SORT IT OUT @ 12/1 in the Pertemps (Will Hill, Sky Bet).

Having been off for a year and a half, he has raced over fences against the likes of Petit Mouchoir, Footpad and Al Boum Photo, where he failed to impress on each occasion.

He then ran in the Pertemps Network Group Handicap Hurdle, where he kept on well to finish third. This was a pretty impressive run, with a reversion back to hurdles and step up in trip looking to his benefit.

Crucially, that race has produced both Pertemps winners in the last two years, in Presenting Percy (4th) and Mall Dini (3rd). Sort It Out showed real promise before his injury, finishing seconnd in the County Handicap Hurdle, and then beating subsequent Galway Hurdle winner Clondaw Warrior who is now rated 155.

People talk about McManus plot jobs and it looks like this could be one of them. Hasn't crept under the radar by any means, but 12s is not too bad given it's eminently likely he'll shorten on the day.
  • Options
    I can only see Stormy Ireland listed in the Triumph now.
  • Options
    Stormy Island wins the Triumph
    Mr Whittaker wins the Close Brothers
    So I’ve been told................
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Betfair have enhanced Buveur D'Air to EVS NRNB in the Champion Hurdle for the next half an hour or so. Max stake £50.

Best odds elsewhere about 8/15 https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/champion-hurdle/winner
  • Options

Betfair have enhanced Buveur D'Air to EVS NRNB in the Champion Hurdle for the next half an hour or so. Max stake £50.

Best odds elsewhere about 8/15 https://www.oddschecker.com/cheltenham-festival/champion-hurdle/winner

Been pulled now it seems, must've been hammered. You can still get Faugheen at 13/2 NRNB if you fancy that instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

Stormy Island wins the Triumph
    Mr Whittaker wins the Close Brothers
    So I’ve been told................

My three ante post at very good prices:

Stormy Ireland - Triumph
    Samcro - Ballymore
    Laurina - Mares Novice

and a decent each-way on Bacardys for the Stayers (NRNB)

Looking good at the moment but the best laid plots plans and all that ...

• Options
    CHGCHG
    edited March 2018
    Douvan bound for the Ryanair rather than Champion Chase in Cheltenham Festival shock
  • Options
    CHG said:

Douvan bound for the Ryanair rather than Champion Chase in Cheltenham Festival shock

RP have changed that now "to under serious consideration"
  • Options

CHG said:

RP have changed that now "to under serious consideration"
    Losing more faith in the Racing Post.
  • Options
    A fun time killer. My knowledge isn't that encyclopaedic, so I'm finding it very tough, but some of you I'm sure will rocket through! http://betfair.reflectdigital.co.uk/game/find-50-horses
  • Options
    be interested to see what the offers are from the various bookies are this week
  • Options
    heavy soft in place - follwing rain last night, could be quite a few nr.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

heavy soft in place - follwing rain last night, could be quite a few nr.

.....and upsets :smiley:
  • Options
    Getabird and Un de Sceaux should both win their races given the expected going. Sub Lieutenant each way at a price for the Ryanair as he is likely to take his chance in preference to Balko des Flow for Gigginstown on a softer surface.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited March 2018
    Douvan runs in the Champion Chase rather than switching to the Ryanair and Ruby Walsh rides. Cheers RP
  • Options
    CHG said:

Douvan runs in the Champion Chase rather than switching to the Ryanair and Ruby Walsh rides. Cheers RP

They have also put the price of the paper up from £2.40 to £2.90!!!
  • Options
    They do that every Cheltenham Festival
  • Options

They do that every Cheltenham Festival

Indeed - but it appears that this time they have put it up to the same amount for every day to £2.90 whereas previously it was £2.40 Mon - Fri and £2.70 Sat & Sun.
  • Options
    Decent offers from William Hill and Ladbrokes on the first race. Can't see past Getabird in the conditions.
  • Options
    check your Paddy Power accounts

they've put £10k into a random account and loads of free bets into others.

If the 10k isn't used or withdrawn (in part at least) within an hour the money is taken back and put into someone elses account.

Free bets stay in the account.

Worth a look
  • Options
    Money back as a free bet in the 1st race everyday with Skybet if your horse loses £20 max.

• Options
    Coral doing money back on all losers in the Supreme Novices Hurdle. Worth a punt on an outsider?