Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Outsiders I like are First Flow 1.30, Cogry 2.50, Sizing Tennessee 4.50 and Demi Sang 5.30.

I do quite like Apples Jade, Buveur D'Air and Footpad - already had them AP so I have a little more value than current prices - but they're justifiably opposable today.
  • 13.30 FIRST FLOW - SINGLE
    14.10 FOOTPAD - ACCA
    14.50 COGRY - E/W L15
    15.30 BUVEUR D'AIR - ACCA/YORK HILL - E/W L15
    16.10 APPLES JADE - ACCA
    16.50 SIZING TENNESSEE - E/W L15
    17.30 MISTER WHITTAKER - E/W L15
  • I've gone with Mengli Khan e/w in the first.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Good luck for Cheltenham all of you (genuine, no hidden meaning).

Thanks for the lols guys - but I mean it. This week of all weeks I'm a gamekeeper turned poacher!
    Careful now, you're going the right way about getting an abuse flag ;)
  • For what it's worth:

1.30 Kalashnikov
    2.10 Footpad
    2.50 Vintage Clouds
    3.30 Buveur D'Air
    4.10 Apples Jade
    4.50 Ms Parfois
    5.30 Ballyhill (EW)
  • Now arrived at Cheltenham. Slightly disappointing first day card for me, perhaps partly due to the weather - only 5 in the Arkle, Buveur D'air hard to oppose in the Champion Hurdle, Apple's Jade likely odds on winner in the Mares race. Looking for some value today.

1:30 Kalashnikov
    2:10 Saint Calvados
    2:50 Cogry
    3:30 Wicklow Brave - ew
    4:10 La Bague Au Roi - ew
    4:50 No Comment
    5:30 Testify
  • 1.30 First Flow (Win & To Finish Second)
    2.10 Brain Power (Win & To Finish Second)
    2.50 Ramses De Tellee
    3.30 Melon (Win & To Finish Second)
    4.10 Jers Girl (Win & To Finish Second)
    4.50 Rathvinden
    5.30 Tysoon Prince
  • im going to put on first race, if i win will invest more so bad timing for my finances/ betting shame its this week. Will go through skybet to get the offer so get a free bet when i lose :)
  • Sponsored links:

• A mate just messaged me saying he gets "Flash Odds" notifications from Will Hill, where they price boost for 15 mins a day at noon.

Today it was Petit Mouchoir to win the 2.10 Cheltenham. "Was 10/3 now 5/1" still wouldn't touch that with a barge pole! Hahahahaha
  • First flow for me also.
  • First flow for me also.

I've done this also, so fingers crossed we are all rooting for the same one. Essentially a free bet so have only gone based on here :)
  • Is the ground going to hamper the favourites or are they all proven on soft/heavy ground.

Just gonna lump the most tipped ones on here in a lucky 31 or something similar.
  • Matt Chapman with the gammiest chat I think I've ever heard when speaking to JP McManus just now!
  • PaddyP17 said:

Matt Chapman with the gammiest chat I think I've ever heard when speaking to JP McManus just now!

Probably why Brian Gleeson jumped in pretty sharpish !
  • I'm on Getabird 50/1 Ladbrokes offer.
  • edited March 2018
    Result 1.30 Cheltenham Sky Bet Supreme Novices Hurdle

1st 15 Summerville Boy 9/1
    2nd 6 Kalashnikov 5/1
    3rd 8 Mengli Khan 14/1
  • Summerville Boy wins 9/1
  • "Horses don't win Supremes making mistakes like that, do they?"

Does point toward the renewal's slight lack of strength tbf.

Shame First Flow screwed it - seemed a bit spooked or something over a few of those round the back...
  • Sponsored links:

• gonna be one of them weeks, i bang the drum about getabird not winning, and pick kalashnikov!
  • Well that weren’t great
  • Great start for @bobmunro and @philcafc
  • Shite. The amount of times I've had a horse done on the line going up that hill is a joke .
  • I've gone with Mengli Khan e/w in the first.

Not too shabby. Thought I might've been quids in before they reached the last.
  • gonna be one of them weeks, i bang the drum about getabird not winning, and pick kalashnikov!

Likewise.
  • bobmunro said:

gonna be one of them weeks, i bang the drum about getabird not winning, and pick kalashnikov!

Likewise.
    if footpad gets beat in the next i will start to wonder.
  • Riviera said:

Great start for @bobmunro and @philcafc

1-0 to the book - long way to go yet.
  • Getabird pulled too hard but not quite sure why David Bass wanted to take him on with Final Flow. Perhaps he wanted to make it an even bigger test than it was likely to be anyway.