Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

PaddyP17 said:

@bobmunro What does it mean for you lot when a favourite wins a handicap like that? I presume you've got a lock/Dutch book anyway on similar races?

That was a biggish loser in the book - very, very few books are balanced - even the most competitive handicaps.
    NB my like is more for an interesting answer rather than a particular eff you!

Really surprised that it's hard to balance books - but then I suppose that would mean an artificial change in prices on occasion.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Result 3.30 Cheltenham Unibet Champion Hurdle

1st 1 Buveur D'Air 4/6 Fav
    2nd 8 Melon 7/1
    3rd 9 Mick Jazz 25/1
  • Options

My wife opened a new Corals a/c and has £1 on Buveur Dair @ 50/1 in The Champion Hurdle.

Well done to the wife again :smile:
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted!!!!
  • Options
    Get in there Buveur D'Air!! Great effort from Melon though.
  • Options
    What a great race.

Buveur D’Air didn’t jump well at all but dug in up the hill. Quality run from Melon.
  • Options

My wife opened a new Corals a/c and has £1 on Buveur Dair @ 50/1 in The Champion Hurdle.

Well done to the wife again :smile:
    Will knock on your door later when i pick me wife up ask your missus what she spending her winnings on
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

PaddyP17 said:

@bobmunro What does it mean for you lot when a favourite wins a handicap like that? I presume you've got a lock/Dutch book anyway on similar races?

That was a biggish loser in the book - very, very few books are balanced - even the most competitive handicaps.
    Bob - stop giving PaddyPower17 your trade secrets
  • Options
    Thats better! Had Mick Jazz each way
  • Options
    I'm an absolute novice at horse racing betting etc but getting into Cheltenham today! Anyone got any tips this week for good runners? And what is the best betting company account i only have skybet?
    Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Red_James said:

I'm an absolute novice at horse racing betting etc but getting into Cheltenham today! Anyone got any tips this week for good runners? And what is the best betting company account i only have skybet?
    Thanks

Look at the special offers and then open an a/c accordingly. (Hover over the special offers to see them).
    https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/cheltenham/15:30/winner
  • Options
    Looking for decent each ways. Gone for Midnight Tour in the next.
  • Options

Red_James said:

Thanks

Look at the special offers and then open an a/c accordingly. (Hover over the special offers to see them).
    https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/cheltenham/15:30/winner
    Whos the wife doing in the next race
  • Options
    I can't see past Apples Jade in The Mares Hurdle, but won't be backing her at that price and am not bothering with the last 2 races either.

I'll take a look at tomorrow's specials for the wife. :wink:
  • Options
    On La Bague for this one, what are they saying about the going? Been sunny all day and didn't look anywhere near as gluey as they made out, unless the course at the bottom of the hill is saying otherwise?
  • Options
    Every winner bar 1 so far and have only backed one horse in each race (apart from smalls on the 100/1 in the second.... Stormer of a day so far, apples jade in the next
  • Options

1.30 First Flow (Win & To Finish Second)
    2.10 Brain Power (Win & To Finish Second)
    2.50 Ramses De Tellee
    3.30 Melon (Win & To Finish Second)
    4.10 Jers Girl (Win & To Finish Second)
    4.50 Rathvinden
    5.30 Tysoon Prince

First Flow a loser but Brain Power (11/2) and Melon (7/1 - the same price it ended up as SP in the win market) going on to Jers Girl (5/1) in the relevant "to finish second markets" with Skybet (only bookmaker I could find offering) in doubles and trebles. I did this bet because I always seem to finish second here as a cover for my win bets.

• Options
    sam3110 said:

On La Bague for this one, what are they saying about the going? Been sunny all day and didn't look anywhere near as gluey as they made out, unless the course at the bottom of the hill is saying otherwise?

Here's the going. It's mainly heavy, but I thought the same as you & didn't think it looked heavy either.
    But as I'm no expert (far from it), I thought I'd better keep quiet.

http://cheltenham.thejockeyclub.co.uk/plan-your-race-day/visitor-information/the-going?webSyncID=06857887-dc8a-402c-d0b7-d2695b718120&sessionGUID=8d64e10e-d8cb-4180-3680-e0a92c4215a0&_ga=2.234809502.1880631601.1520956652-163318053.1520762336&_gac=1.241501878.1520762337.EAIaIQobChMI2s3-jIHk2QIV6rXtCh3GWA8dEAAYAyAAEgK1I_D_BwE
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Gold Present bled - was going well but got to be big doubt for the GN
    Obviously Shantou Flyer put in a very nice run but, though didn't have much luck last GN, doesn't have the stats for a GN winning profile given his experience.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Result 4.10 Cheltenham OLBG Mares Hurdle

1st 2 Benie Des Dieux 9/2
    2nd 8 Midnight Tour 33/1
    3rd 1 Appels Jade 1/2 Fav
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    Apples Jade shite
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Got second

Should be 33-1
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Looking for decent each ways. Gone for Midnight Tour in the next.

Good shout Andy!
  • Options
    Well well well....

Gonna need mr Whittaker in the last race now to get a modicum of return from my lucky 15
  • Options
    Gone for Duel At Dawn in the next each way 4 places.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Well well well....

Gonna need mr Whittaker in the last race now to get a modicum of return from my lucky 15

Me too
  • Options

Gold Present bled - was going well but got to be big doubt for the GN
    Obviously Shantou Flyer put in a very nice run but, though didn't have much luck last GN, doesn't have the stats for a GN winning profile given his experience.

Another factor potentially counting against Shantou Flyer for the GN:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/cheltenham-festival-2018-southport-owner-14405828

......what a prat.