Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bradford 13/2/18 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    We only started winning again with Stephy in the side. Who else is going to step up to the plate - hardly think it’s going to be Nicky. Once again, we haven’t solved the forward problem. Play-offs a distant dream.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Why is it that I keep reading, KR should have subbed ???? because he was dead on his feet, do none of our players get fit enough to play 90 minutes?

The last three weeks indicate they probably can't get past 80 minutes.
  • Options
    P.s I think KR's already been told he's gone.

We'll need a new manager to get to know what he's got before it all starts again!
  • Options

ross1 said:

Why is it that I keep reading, KR should have subbed ???? because he was dead on his feet, do none of our players get fit enough to play 90 minutes?

The last three weeks indicate they probably can't get past 80 minutes.
    Ironic really, we had Darren Campbell training them last week on fitness - that’s gone well....another masterstroke by Robinson
  • Options
    As a team were not fit enough what the fuck do Thay do in training.no enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everyone could see they were going to score so why did Robinson wait till the 84th minute to make a substitution? Really poor management. Bauer and Fosu good, but it's these missed opportunities that will cost us come the end of the season.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

It becomes a psychological thing when you are only one goal you move towards the final stages of the game. Just as fans we are expecting the equaliser, I am sure they do too in their head. No matter what they might do to prevent it. It’s a mentality thing.

In essence, the players are a bunch of bottlers.
  • Options
    Player fitness is in part down to the players to maintain, Mid week should be about the next game. Tactics, formations & game situations like corners, striking, marking and dead balls.

Not sure we do any of that.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Dizzle said:

It becomes a psychological thing when you are only one goal you move towards the final stages of the game. Just as fans we are expecting the equaliser, I am sure they do too in their head. No matter what they might do to prevent it. It’s a mentality thing.

Definitely a psychological thing I reckon the players could do with someone like Paul Mckenna to hypnotise them into a winning frame of mind to go on and claim victories rather than keep sitting back in the hope of just crawling over the line.
  • Options
    I have the explanation, it's a conspiracy I tell thee........miss the play offs and the price goes down - new owners instruction to Robinson, great strategy well executed!!!
  • Options

I’ve kinda had enough of Robinson now. It’s getting boring. Earlier, in another thread, I said he was a better manager than Slade. He’s not, he’s on a par along with all the other halfwits we’ve had under this mob. Please just get the takeover done, and get somebody with half a brain in - or at least somebody who has a plan B.

I think you are flattering him to say he has a plan A - even set pieces are a mess, he seems to have no idea as to when his players will tire during the game and little appreciation of the game plans the other teams are likely to adopt.
  • Options
    Disgraceful. Too much tippy tappy passing it around multiple times around box instead of shooting at goal. Yet again keep passing backwards and sideways. Went defensive it seems after scoring.

Lucky not to lose in the end.

Other points of note:
    Ref was awful. They should have had at least one sent off.
    Da Silva played well as did Josh.
    It does appear that the players are being told to play this way and unfortunately it's not working.
    Only went tonight as it's half term. Not really interesting but never mind!
  • Options
    Not enough goals in this team to get promotion. Just cant understand why KR continually persists with this shit formation. It doesnt work you dickhead. Go 442 next game,you never know,we might score 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KRs tactics seem to just involve get it up to the midfield and then hope one of them can run past 3/4 players to score. We don't run behind, we are bereft of ideas where it counts. We dominated that first half completely - Bradford didn't get a look in. Yet we went into the second half only one goal up.

We all knew it was coming sooner or later but we were a completely different side second half (we still managed to be wasteful in the final third, glad to see some consistency).

Throwing away the lead three games in a row and for the umpteenth time this season is unacceptable for a team 'chasing promotion'.

KR is a likeable character but I just cannot see him getting us out of this division.

Bring on the New Era
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I won't go into KR too much, it's all been said above to be honest.

One thing I want to pick up on which I think is at least a major contributing factor (if not the reason) for being unable to hold a lead is the utter lack of leadership on the pitch. I think a lot of our problems stem from having no one who seems to organise or give the team shape.

Maybe a fit Jason Pearce will organise the defence.

But in truth, we have no one in midfield capable of driving the team on.
    No Kinsella type. Not even a Jacko.

And really, no skipper, no leader.

• Options

Not enough goals in this team to get promotion. Just cant understand why KR continually persists with this shit formation. It doesnt work you dickhead. Go 442 next game,you never know,we might score 2.

Last time we scored more than a goal was when we played Walsall and won 3-1... Ironically we went 442 that day.

Ajose played well when he came on but WHY was he behind Magennis, surely he should have been ahead of him ready to win the flick ons!!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

se9addick said:

I won't go into KR too much, it's all been said above to be honest.

One thing I want to pick up on which I think is at least a major contributing factor (if not the reason) for being unable to hold a lead is the utter lack of leadership on the pitch. I think a lot of our problems stem from having no one who seems to organise or give the team shape.

AyeMaybe a fit Jason Pearce will organise the defence.

But in truth, we have no one in midfield capable of driving the team on.
    No Kinsella type. Not even a Jacko.

And really, no skipper, no leader.

Pearce would be a massive improvement - being so dependent on one player is ridiculous.