Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bradford 13/2/18 post-match views

Comments

• se9addick said:

I won't go into KR too much, it's all been said above to be honest.

One thing I want to pick up on which I think is at least a major contributing factor (if not the reason) for being unable to hold a lead is the utter lack of leadership on the pitch. I think a lot of our problems stem from having no one who seems to organise or give the team shape.

se9addick said:

I won't go into KR too much, it's all been said above to be honest.

One thing I want to pick up on which I think is at least a major contributing factor (if not the reason) for being unable to hold a lead is the utter lack of leadership on the pitch. I think a lot of our problems stem from having no one who seems to organise or give the team shape.

Too many young players and Solly isn't very vocal during the game - Pearce has been missed as he was last season. All this is pretty obvious to everyone apart from Gobby
  • Robinson's persistence with this formation will ultimately be what either gets him sacked or keeps us in this dirty Northern bastard of a division. Bloody FIFA manager.
  • Pathetic capitulation seems to be our new tactic. We don't score enough and in the last 15 minutes you can just see the confidence drain away.

I have never seen a team with less character.

If by some fluke we made the playoffs you know the team would just fall apart under pressure.

• This is getting beyond a joke.

Solly, sad to say, has had his day.

For all the nice play, still very few clear cut chances.
  • Robinson's persistence with this formation will ultimately be what either gets him sacked or keeps us in this dirty Northern bastard of a division. Bloody FIFA manager.

Hand on heart,does anyone seriously think we will not just make the playoffs but win them?? Even through the most rose tinted specs i honestly cant im afraid. This team doesnt have the balls for it.
    Somebody chopped off their balls a long time ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Why is it that I keep reading, KR should have subbed ???? because he was dead on his feet, do none of our players get fit enough to play 90 minutes?

It's acceptable to have one or two players wear themselves out in 70m as long as you substituted them when that happens. Rugby Union is all about that now. I've now lost faith that Robinson is the man for the job because of his inability to use his subs properly.
  • Just fuck off Robinson, you just don't have it do you !!!
  • About 25 minutes of game time covering the end of the last three matches has cost us 7 points.

Whilst these extra points would only lift us to fifth, albeit with a game or two in hand on the teams above and we'd still be a long way behind the leaders, the effect on morale would have been immense.

Holding on against Oxford, Donny, and Bradford would have given us six wins in a row and plenty of momentum for the rest of the season.

Instead it's like someone's pulled the emergency cord and we've ground to a halt. Yet another season in Division Three beckons :cry:
  • cafc4life said:

Tactically Robinson has not got a clue. But we knew that in January 2017. Fosu should of been subbed with 25 to go. The more tired he got the greedier he became. Said it all season we are just not a very good team. Got some great players but not a good team and that ultimately comes down to the coaching and management .

Convinced we will not make the playoffs and that will be that. Fucked off coming away from the valley for about the 10th game running

It's your own fault, you should have boycotted.
  • edited February 2018
    I don’t understand people slating KR now? I watched him throughout the game and he was animated and talking a lot. I thought that was the sign of a good manager?

Sarcasm aside.........Started well and managed to get the goal but never really felt like we were gonna score another goal. Lots of exciting running at players but very little end product and even less good movement off the ball. Only save I can remember their keeper making was to tip over the miss hit free kick cross that nearly got lucky. It’s just too predictable. Bradford grew into the game and had more of the better chances. Players obviously have some responsibility but I’ve never been a fan of KR, even when getting results, and he just continues to show how tactically poor he is with set ups and subs. Ah well we never conceded a last minute loser so that’s something to take out of the game.
  • PWR.

Why bother, it was the same old same old?

I have my doubts about Zyro.
  • JFC and Kashi are too alike no drive from either of them, not sure if it was Bauer or Konsa but one of them was 5 yards behind the rest of the defence when the ball was played down the line for their goal, For me Aribo has to play, we just don’t score enough goals to win matches, not a hope in hell of going up.
  • Who's Gobbo blaming today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Deserved half time lead. They did nothing for the first 20 mins. Bright first 10 mins of the second half and then the usual happened.
  • We didn’t deserve to lose that . A deflection helped them with their goal but it’s no coincidence that it was their sub that scored the equaliser while Robinson hadn’t made a change when it was obvious some of our players were dead on their feet.
    We are not going up .
    We are not intelligent enough as a team and it’s showed in the last three games .

We didn't.
    Well it felt like it .
  • Once again KRs decisions are left wanting. Not good enough and this season is drifting into obscurity. I would say sack KR but there is no one around to sack him.

• Fosu now being expected to carry all the attacking threat like Holmes did but he needs more help.

Hmmm. Says it all really.

That's not even a Plan A.
    Just plain hoping for the best.

• My conclusion, we have some good players on the 'skill' front. Fosu, JFK and others. What all of them pretty much lack (and i'm including Robinson in that) is a footballing brain.

When there is the choice of a pass or a shot we choose the wrong one, when there's two passes on we chose the wrong one. The only one who doesn't with any regularity is Da Silva.

Thats whats costing us and stopping us from being higher, and something we can't really change.

Add to that, Robinsons subs and their timing in particular were awful again, can anyone tell me what was our shape for the last 10 minutes?
  • edited February 2018

• Why bother, it was the same old same old?

I have my doubts about Zyro.

You sure Seth

hes had 12 mins in 3 games fuck me mate

Doubts is not the same as writing him off, it is about needing convincing.