Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bradford 13/2/18 post-match views

Comments

• seth plum said:

PWR.

Why bother, it was the same old same old?

I have my doubts about Zyro.

You sure Seth

hes had 12 mins in 3 games, fuck me mate
  • edited February 2018
    Meh, it's not worth it.
  • SDAddick said:

On the bright side we played very well. We've got the yips. Keep playing this way and that second goal will come and someone will get a battering.

I'm sure one day you'll be right, SD. I certainly look forward to it.

But until then, how many points will we needlessly surrender from a winning position?

• SDAddick said:

Played well. Didn't score a second despite some lovely football. Conceded from a fucking nothing lump forward, deflected cross, and Robinson gets across Solly for the goal.

There are a lot of people on here who love being miserable who are shouting the loudest. Obviously it's frustrating, it's very frustrating, and I imagine moreso if you've spent a lot of money to go out in the rain and cold for 90 minutes. But it now seems to have gotten to the point where some take glee in misery.

On the bright side we played very well. We've got the yips. Keep playing this way and that second goal will come and someone will get a battering.

Football is about scoring goals and coping under pressure - I'd politely suggest we're failing in both areas. I don't think anyone is enjoying seeing us capitulate....
  • Rob7Lee said:

My conclusion, we have some good players on the 'skill' front. Fosu, JFK and others. What all of them pretty much lack (and i'm including Robinson in that) is a footballing brain.

When there is the choice of a pass or a shot we choose the wrong one, when there's two passes on we chose the wrong one. The only one who doesn't with any regularity is Da Silva.

Thats whats costing us and stopping us from being higher, and something we can't really change.

Add to that, Robinsons subs and their timing in particular were awful again, can anyone tell me what was our shape for the last 10 minutes?

It's harder to make the right decisions when you're playing in front of a team sitting back. Our patient passing style gives teams time to get back and get themselves organised.

How often do we get in behind teams?
    How many properly clear cut chances do we create?
    How many penalties do we win?
    How often do we score from set pieces?

Maybe KR needs to sacrifice his ideal style and try something else. It would be less predictable and having the option of going more direct can create different types of chances.

So often we're asking one of our flair players to beat 2/3 players and whip a perfect cross against out outnumbered attack, or score a wonder goal.
  • I literally don't think he would be capable of walking past a reporter and not saying the first load of nonsense that came into his head.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018
    I don't think they publish the stats for the pub league we find ourselves in but I'd be astonished if we weren't somewhere near the top of the table for points lost from a winning position.
  • Scoham said:

Rob7Lee said:

My conclusion, we have some good players on the 'skill' front. Fosu, JFK and others. What all of them pretty much lack (and i'm including Robinson in that) is a footballing brain.

When there is the choice of a pass or a shot we choose the wrong one, when there's two passes on we chose the wrong one. The only one who doesn't with any regularity is Da Silva.

Thats whats costing us and stopping us from being higher, and something we can't really change.

Add to that, Robinsons subs and their timing in particular were awful again, can anyone tell me what was our shape for the last 10 minutes?

It's harder to make the right decisions when you're playing in front of a team sitting back. Our patient passing style gives teams time to get back and get themselves organised.

Maybe KR needs to sacrifice his ideal style and try something else. It would be less predictable and having the option of going more direct can create different types of chances.

So often we're asking one of our flair players to beat 2/3 players and whip a perfect cross against out outnumbered attack, or score a wonder goal.
    A lot of good points in this. We don't get in behind teams enough and we don't create enough clear cut chances. Some of that as you say is teams sitting very deep and then swarming and/or fouling when one of our skillful players has the ball. But with Stephy out we desperately lack a player who is going to make runs into the box from deep. We are crying out for someone who makes out to in runs. I'm hoping Zyro can do it, as I don't think Kaikai is the type. But that is definitely something for the training ground.
  • Sounds as tactically inept as ever.
  • LouisMend said:
    Will probably sign him and leave him on the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Rob7Lee said:

I love watching passing teams with flair players - it's the beautiful game.

But there are times when you have to mix it up; short passing and long ball, simplify and penetrate - whether you get the ball to the byeline, or just an early ball straight into the mixer and work the percentages.

You've got to keep them guessing, wrongfoot opponents, make it difficult to defend.

• I don’t think Solly is done, but he’s not a captain

Pearce is about the best option.

I’m also getting tired of this complete and utter unquestionable faith that KR has in 4-2-3-1

You need a shit hot front 4 for that to work.

Ours is

Fosu Kaikai Marshall

Magennis

At the moment. Granted Clarke is injured and Holmes left, so you could argue Holmes Clarke Fosu is a good three, but Magennis is fading given it’s just him

We’ve got more problems than solutions at the moment
  • edited February 2018

SDAddick said:

Played well. Didn't score a second despite some lovely football. Conceded from a fucking nothing lump forward, deflected cross, and Robinson gets across Solly for the goal.

There are a lot of people on here who love being miserable who are shouting the loudest. Obviously it's frustrating, it's very frustrating, and I imagine moreso if you've spent a lot of money to go out in the rain and cold for 90 minutes. But it now seems to have gotten to the point where some take glee in misery.

Bullshit. If we keep playing lovely football like this we will be playing in League 2 in a couple of year and then see where the lovely football is. To suggest people are taking glee in misery because they are f***ed off with seeing potential win after potential win squandered because we don't score when we should and don't defend effectively is just insulting, and waiting for someone to get a battering while we drop into midtable again is not a good exchange. Winning 5-0 still gets you 3 points and doesn't get back the 7 additional points we should have had from the last few games.
    Part of football, some fans are more interested in watching nice football then regularly winning, I will never understand it personally.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for exciting attacking football but if it is not built on the foundation of a solid defence then it is meaningless.

I would much rather win 2-0 then 4-2, although any win will do right now.
  • So yeah, Fosu is quite good. The rest of them aren’t...
  • edited February 2018

SDAddick said:

Bullshit. If we keep playing lovely football like this we will be playing in League 2 in a couple of year and then see where the lovely football is. To suggest people are taking glee in misery because they are f***ed off with seeing potential win after potential win squandered because we don't score when we should and don't defend effectively is just insulting, and waiting for someone to get a battering while we drop into midtable again is not a good exchange. Winning 5-0 still gets you 3 points and doesn't get back the 7 additional points we should have had from the last few games.
    Part of football, some fans are more interested in watching nice football then regularly winning, I will never understand it personally.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for exciting attacking football but if it is not built on the foundation of a solid defence then it is meaningless.

I would much rather win 2-0 then 4-2, although any win will do right now.
    No one is saying "I'd rather we play passing football than win or get promoted." That's a ridiculous strawman.
    I was not trying to say we should play nice football on exchange for getting promoted/winning.
  • Just wake me up when it's all over

• So often we're asking one of our flair players to beat 2/3 players and whip a perfect cross against out outnumbered attack, or score a wonder goal.

We got rid of our only flair player who used to score worldies. He also got us wins that covered up our other faults.