Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tour of New Zealand, 2017/18 (with no cricket in 2017)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    58 all out, 20.4 overs

Anderson 1, c Nicholls b Boult

Overton left stranded on 33 not out.
  • Options
    Boult 10.4-3-32-6

Southee 10-3-25-4
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    All out - 68. Two records that looked like beubg broken weren't. Englands lowest test score (45) and lowest number of overs (18.3 - Aussies at Trent Bridge in Broads 8-15)

Now time to see what our bowlers can do. Reckon NZ will close tonight with only 4 or 5 down.

• Options
    Just seen this. Lost for words!
  • Options
    8-1, 8.2 overs

Raval 3, c Bairstow b Anderson
  • Options
    67-1 New Zealand
  • Options
    Grateful the 3 tests i saw in Oz all went 5 days even if they were 2 losses and a draw !
  • Options
    Don't see what the fuss is about.

A fine recovery from 27-9!
  • Options
    Just the 5 ducks for England and Overton 33 not out
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have been Charltonised. What is happening? Charlton going down the pan. England Rugby team losing three matches and now England being bowled out for 58.
  • Options
    It's going well I see!
  • Options
    I hope this news isn’t indicative of my day ahead
  • Options
    is there any highlights on terrestrial/freeview TV?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

They have been Charltonised. What is happening? Charlton going down the pan. England Rugby team losing three matches and now England being bowled out for 58.

Brexit
  • Options
    Holy Moly!
    Woke up, looked at the score on an app and saw NZ 154-3 and also saw the figure ‘58’ below it and just assumed they batted first and the 58 was the overs total.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43492614

Strauss’s timing of his KP comments, almost Comedy Gold.
  • Options
    Have you known a Test so comprehensively lost by England after day 1?
  • Options
    I'm starting up one of those UKGov petitions to get that idiot Swann removed from TMS. How Simon Mann or Aggers hasn't punched his stupid face yet I don't know but the sports guy from 5Live will probably be waiting for him at Heathrow...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm afraid that, technically, all our batsmen were found wanting. How can so many be stuck on their crease?

The sad thing is that I dare say that they will all look round the dressing room and be happy with their mutual lack of success.
  • Options
    In other news, SA are batting against Australia - should be a closer Test than England's

...and UAE have made a really good start against Zimbabwe. The host nation can't screw up against the team that hasn't won a single Super Six game, can it? Would turn Afghanistan vs Ireland into a playoff final, so I'm rooting for it
  • Options
    Time for a clear out of the Test team. Our batting has constantly collapsed, especially abroad. We lack bottle and mental hardness. Our seam bowling is too similar. Players to go Stoneman, Vince, Moeen, Broad, Overton. Why isn't Wood playing? Time for Baylis and Farbrace to go.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    What a bunch of gutless tossers.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Time for a clear out of the Test team. Our batting has constantly collapsed, especially abroad. We lack bottle and mental hardness. Our seam bowling is too similar. Players to go Stoneman, Vince, Moeen, Broad, Overton. Why isn't Wood playing? Time for Baylis and Farbrace to go.

I agree with some of what you say, but who are the 5 replacements?
  • Options
    England Lions have played like gutless tossers as well tbf
  • Options
    MAYBE Nick Gubbins has emerged with some credit, Sam Hain too. Leach bowled ok. Liam Livingstone will surely play the next NZ Test.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Boult Southee and Wagner aren't fearsome, but not to be underrated. They have good figures.

Bets well hedged there
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Boult Southee and Wagner aren't fearsome, but not to be underrated. They have good figures.

Bets well hedged there
    They didn't even have to use Wagner!
  • Options
    Ha ha hah. Good grief I hate cricket at the moment... AND rugby... AND Football!

Laughing stock ain't we?