Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Charlton related photos

1495051525355»

Comments

• Options

We moved on rapidly during this period, as all our stars aligned. 
    So sad that our stars burnt out just as quickly.
    What a brilliant pic. Give or take that was my view for a couple of seasons from 1992. The grass looked wonderfully, implausibly green in those early weeks. I loved being home and also having the best pitch too. ❤️ 
    I had almost the same view from 92 onwards for a few years. Got to love that portakabin!
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Looks nice but the rest of the pitch looked like this.

Still better than that Stamford Bridge pitch we played on.
    The stadium was better than the one we played in, in Croydon.
  • Options

We moved on rapidly during this period, as all our stars aligned. 
    So sad that our stars burnt out just as quickly.
    Charlton have often made me cry in pain and anguish but that one there issues forth tears of pure joy, "we are back!!!"
  • Options

Saw this on the wall of a Guinness Bar in Le Touquet. Anyone on here??
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

£25? Maybe the club look at this from 18 years ago and think tickets are great value as they haven’t increased at all since then. 
  • Options
    Quality of the product isn’t the same by a long way 
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Curbs last home game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

£25? Maybe the club look at this from 18 years ago and think tickets are great value as they haven’t increased at all since then. 
    slight difference in the standard of football on offer!!
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

Curbs last home game.
    Correct but I seem to remember it being played on a Friday evening?

Or is my mind playing tricks?
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Taxi_Lad said:

Curbs last home game.
    Correct but I seem to remember it being played on a Friday evening?

Or is my mind playing tricks?
    No I think Saturday 5:15 for TV.
  • Options
    Never knew him but used to see the kid with the ski hat at most games back then.
  • Options
    Never knew him but used to see the kid with the ski hat at most games back then.
    Still goes I think (JS?). 

Kid to the left of him in blue coat with white zip has lived in America for 20 odd years. Kid to the right of him in green coat has never ever been a Charlton fan and I assume just come along with his mate!
  • Options
    That right we paid over £1m for the new pitch, think we've been done.

• Options
    Still goes I think (JS?). 

Kid to the left of him in blue coat with white zip has lived in America for 20 odd years. Kid to the right of him in green coat has never ever been a Charlton fan and I assume just come along with his mate!
    Pretty sure I've seen him in the last 12 months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apols for this opportunistic post. Will be dragging my soon to be 67 year old frame around London for the fifth (and undoubtedly slowest) time tomorrow, this time raising funds on behalf of Alzheimer's Research UK. We donated this photo to the nuseum several years ago and it shows my mum (centre) and her sister Brenda (right) at Wembley in 1947. Sadly we lost both to dementia. The orher lady was their friend Eileen. Her stepfather was South African, and I believe some of the CAFC South African contingent used to sometimes go round to their house in Bexleyheath for South African fare. I remember her mentioning Normsn Neilson by name.
    Should you like to make a donation to ARUK, please go to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/keithpullenlondon2024
    Just to say, managed to drag myself around in 5hrs 39mins 6secs (age 66), around the length of a football match slower than I achieved last time, in 2019, but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then. And between us, lead by the inspirational Sue Strachan, Sue's Crew has raised over £70,000 to date on behalf of Alzheimer's Research UK https://www.justgiving.com/team/suescrew24 , Keith #COYR