Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• The match signalled the end of Charlton,s
    unhappy stay at Selhurst Park- five years and 225 days after the Addicks (final) match at The Valley against Stoke City.

Colin Cameron quote from his book Home and Away.

My photo of Charlton v West Ham United on 
    4th May 1991.  Exactly 33 years ago tonight.
    I played on that pitch that week in u11s cray valley schools cup final ((St Philomenas v Castlecombe).

Remember being buzzing as we got the home 'Charlton' dressing room.

I scored 5 and we won 8-3. The linesman was a palace scout and asked my mum if I wanted to go for a trial the following week but we moved to Saudi for a couple of years a few days later and now 30 years later I work in compliance.
    "Palace reject
    Palace reject"

😉
    unhappy stay at Selhurst Park- five years and 225 days after the Addicks (final) match at The Valley against Stoke City.

I played on that pitch that week in u11s cray valley schools cup final ((St Philomenas v Castlecombe).

I scored 5 and we won 8-3. The linesman was a palace scout and asked my mum if I wanted to go for a trial the following week but we moved to Saudi for a couple of years a few days later and now 30 years later I work in compliance.

• Only twelve years ago ,seems much longer.

Wonder who the bloke on the left is in the last photo with the trophy.

Someone didn’t rate him (Roland).

Good photos, miles apart from this seasons team.
  • Charlton players top earners in 1963 at £50 a week!!
    Doesn't look like Mike bailey in the photo to me. Anyone else think the same?
    Agree. One possibility is Tocknell.
  • Only twelve years ago ,seems much longer.

Wonder who the bloke on the left is in the last photo with the trophy.

Someone didn’t rate him (Roland).

Good photos, miles apart from this seasons team.

Yann Kermorgant. 
    Was he any good ?
  • 12 Years 
  •  34 years ago today. 5th May 1990. Old Trafford. Division One.Last game of 89/90 season. After 4 consecutive seasons in the top flight we are relegated. Photos taken by my old man. Went with my brothers and dad. First visit to OT.
    Before they played the nigels in the cup final. They still complement our atmosphere that day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Last one

Ticket to go with the poster.

33 years 🙈 I got punched in the back of the head by a West Ham fan on the walk back to Norwood Junction as a result of being trappy. Bit out of order thinking back as I was still 14 and he was a proper adult. 

Learned a lesson though so perhaps done me a favour 
    I take it he was not very tall himself?

33 years 🙈 I got punched in the back of the head by a West Ham fan on the walk back to Norwood Junction as a result of being trappy. Bit out of order thinking back as I was still 14 and he was a proper adult. 

West Ham are wankers 
  • Was at the "Killer is back" game.  For a friendly, he fucking meant it!

Cemented my man love for the fella forever.

Killer
    Killer
    Killer
  • Carlisle away that season was the one to go to. 👌🏻

Get your retaliation in beforehand?

Seriously, giving someone lip is not a reason for assault. 

"Palace reject
    Palace reject"

😉
    “Rejected Palace,
    Rejected Palace”
  • Stig said:
    Twelve years ago today:

Still gutted I missed this title game 12 years ago. My twins were one and I was sharing games with Mrs AFKA. Let her have this one but was absolutely gutted. 

Waited outside with the double buggy after the game waiting for everyone to come out. No one come out for a good half hour at least!

I got the draw at Preston away the week earlier instead :-( 
    Glad a real fan was there
  • Sponsored links:

Killer
    Killer
    Killer
    I remember him sidestepping Mick McCarthy - who was either still playing or had just retired - leaving him for dead, and blasting it in the net of the Covered End goal. The word gets bandied about a lot, but a real legend. 

Killer
    Killer
    Killer
    I remember him sidestepping Mick McCarthy - who was either still playing or had just retired - leaving him for dead, and blasting it in the net of the Covered End goal. The word gets bandied about a lot, but a real legend. 
     Mike Bailey, Billy Bonds, Peter Reeves, Derek Hales,Barry Kitchener, Martin Robinson, Bowman, Peacock, Flanagan Powell, Gritt, Curbs, Wood.
  • Will be doing a photo order this week so anyone wanting a Hales fist pump or Killer poster let me know 
  •  34 years ago today. 5th May 1990. Old Trafford. Division One.Last game of 89/90 season. After 4 consecutive seasons in the top flight we are relegated. Photos taken by my old man. Went with my brothers and dad. First visit to OT.
    Middle pic is my brother, mascot on the day, warming up Kenny Achampong!
  • From a BBC News article today about Bill Gates, Middlesbrough no 5. 
    Who are the two Addicks? 
  • kentred2 said:
    From a BBC News article today about Bill Gates, Middlesbrough no 5. 
    Who are the two Addicks? 
    Sam Lawrie and Denis Edwards? 
  • kentred2 said:
    From a BBC News article today about Bill Gates, Middlesbrough no 5. 
    Who are the two Addicks? 
    I think Sam Lawrie & Dennis Edwards next to the keeper.