Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Old Charlton related photos

Comments

• If it's a Tom Morris pic then @cafc999 can sort you out @DaveMehmet
  • If it's a Tom Morris pic then @cafc999 can sort you out @DaveMehmet
    Thanks mate
  • I am scratching my head at the photo of the covered end (pre-Selhurst)
    Can only remember it being terraced, not seated.
    What year did the seats go in, and why?
    Was it to come in line with all seater stadiums, and the east stand being closed?

• Nice to see Alan Carr at a game. 
    5 rows up and 7 people from the left. 
  • R0TW said:
    I am scratching my head at the photo of the covered end (pre-Selhurst)
    Can only remember it being terraced, not seated.
    What year did the seats go in, and why?
    Was it to come in line with all seater stadiums, and the east stand being closed?
    The seats were in for a good few seasons before we left.
  • Last one
    @Henry Irving any chance that the photo in that poster is available to purchase? I think I’m right in saying it was at the Bolton 4 1 game.
    I definitely have an electronic copy of the poster
  • cafc999 said:
    Last one
    @Henry Irving any chance that the photo in that poster is available to purchase? I think I’m right in saying it was at the Bolton 4 1 game.
    I would love a copy of this too

• Nice to see Alan Carr at a game. 
    5 rows up and 7 people from the left. 
    If you mean the geezer in the grey polo shirt that's my pal. I'll let him know. 😁
  • Seats went into Covered End in early 1981 from memory. I’d just moved there from East Terrace to be with mates rather than my dad. 
  • cafc999 said:
    Last one
    I’ve got the poster somewhere but would love a decent copy of the photo
  • Sponsored links:

• Love these @TellyTubby

And yes, we'd love them in the museum
    @Henry Irving

OK, I will decide which ones I'm happy to send your way at this point (you'll get them all sooner or later).

I'll WhatsApp. 
  • Cheers Paul
  • Anyone know the game that the crowd scene is from, as it’s look me and the boy are in it, top left the boy is the one with the hand and red and white hat, must have been one of his very first games he went to.
  • Anyone know the game that the crowd scene is from, as it’s look me and the boy are in it, top left the boy is the one with the hand and red and white hat, must have been one of his very first games he went to.
    Newcastle away. First game in the Prem in '98.
    A great day out.
    Martin symonds and Peter Varney travelling up on the train with us.
    Happy days. 
    Thanks we were certainly at that game, so it must be us.
  • 3rd May 1990.,                               

Woolwich Town Hall

14838 people can’t be wrong.

we are both bookends in that picture - such a historic night and so proud to be in it and involved
  • Charlton players top earners in 1963 at £50 a week!!
  • Sponsored links:

Doesn't look like Mike bailey in the photo to me. Anyone else think the same?
  • Last one
    If that’s the case, I’m just above the keeper’s head. 
    Doesn't look like Mike bailey in the photo to me. Anyone else think the same?
    Don’t know who it is but it’s certainly not Mike Bailey. 🤔
  • The match signalled the end of Charlton,s
    unhappy stay at Selhurst Park- five years and 225 days after the Addicks (final) match at The Valley against Stoke City.

Colin Cameron quote from his book Home and Away.

My photo of Charlton v West Ham United on 
    4th May 1991.  Exactly 33 years ago tonight.
    33 years 🙈 I got punched in the back of the head by a West Ham fan on the walk back to Norwood Junction as a result of being trappy. Bit out of order thinking back as I was still 14 and he was a proper adult. 

Learned a lesson though so perhaps done me a favour 
  • Great pic. Can we name.all the players in shot? Both teams I mean.

Lewis Coaches said:
    The match signalled the end of Charlton,s
    unhappy stay at Selhurst Park- five years and 225 days after the Addicks (final) match at The Valley against Stoke City.

Colin Cameron quote from his book Home and Away.

My photo of Charlton v West Ham United on 
    4th May 1991.  Exactly 33 years ago tonight.