Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year Dinner is back

Comments

• Options
    If KR has been touting himself about and ringing Andy Pilley, he should get player of the year
  • Options

Will the Parkes get an invite?

They can buy a ticket like everybody else I suppose, otherwise paying attendees will subsidise them.
  • Options
    I've just looked at the details on the OS to see if the club gets any of the profits. I see it goes to the Fans Forum - purely out of interest, what sort of things would this get spent on? @killerjerrylee / @Fanny Fanackapan ?
  • Options
    Clarke, fosu and da Silva in that order for me
  • Options

Clarke, fosu and da Silva in that order for me

Me too.
    Oh and congratulations by the way.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    DaSilva, Bauer, Fosu for me. If Bauer can stay fit for the rest of the year I suspect he'll move up to the top spot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It feels like a tallest dwarf competition.
  • Options
    Who presents the award? Please not Roland ...
  • Options

I can't think of a single player that deserves it.

Let’s not go ott. Dasilva has been excellent, Fosu a real find, Amos has done little wrong etc

Not ott at all.
    Dasilva is good going forward but is defensively lacking in my opinion . Fosu had a good three months , got injured and has not been the same since . Amos i agree has done little wrong .
    So it’s Amos then.
  • Options

Hopefully they can get Mark Fish back, he loved a POTY do.
  • Options
    Fosu for me
  • Options

It's definitely not Roland - Belgium is too far for him to come for such an event.

Much easier to get to London from Sheffield.
  • Options
    No brainer, Mavididi.
  • Options

It feels like a tallest dwarf competition.

AFKA and me can present the trophy.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

No brainer, Mavididi.

Or as Robinson very annoyingly insists on calling him, Mavidi.
  • Options

Well, it could be you !

The evening's raffle prizes include chances to win :a) Presentation of award to 3rd in the POTY poll b) Presentation of award to the runner up and c) Presentation of award to the Player of the Year.

In addition, there is usually the honour of presenting the Player of the Year Cup to the winner pitchside at the first home game of next season but we have to have this agreed by the club.

So, how many tickets to the event would you like ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. Da Silva
    2. Amos
    3. Fosu

For me.

Not one other player comes close to those three.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Hopefully it is still all to play for. if pressed now, I'd go for Fosu too.
  • Options
    From the players marks the top three three players currently with the club are

Bauer 24 games average 6.81
    DaSilva 31 6.79
    Fosu-Henry 24 6.69

I haven’t included Mavididi as he has only played a few games so far.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Thanks for putting up that link, Clive. You're a star !

We are extremely lucky to have engaged Adger as host for this season's dinner and I hope that Lifers will consider supporting us by making the decision to attend this year. Having seen him in action at December's BTTV dinner, I am able to vouch for his ability to keep his audience thoroughly entertained & am confident he will be a fantastic addition to the evening.

Together with the Anniversary shirt, there will be another signed shirt plus signed photographs up for auction to raise as much as possible on the night for young Jack's Fund. Jack's story is a heart wrenching one which I know has touched all of us and we shall be trying to do as much as possible to help his family on May 7th. Jack's Dad will be at the dinner together with several other family members - a true Addicks' family indeed.

In addition to Jack's Fundraiser, Tracey Leaburn asked if we would be happy to auction another Anniversary shirt signed by SCP & Curbs for the Prostate Cancer challenges that she and Chris are due to undertake, and we were happy to agree to her request.

So, 2 very good reasons to attend this season's dinner, whilst engaging with the players & their management following the meal, auctions & presentations.

Who knows what may happen between today and the dinner.

We could have a new owner/s; we could have a new manager ; we may even have a new CEO .....

...and we could even be heading for the Play Offs.

Whatever the situation, why not take the opportunity to chat with your favourite players ( and your favourite Lifers !) and bid farewell to those we are unlikely to see again in the red shirt.

Let's sell out this end of season supporters' event & together celebrate what most of us hope, will be the end of an era we would like to forget, and look forward to a new dawn for our famous football club.

And finally, this could be your one & only chance to see Fanny's infamous party attire......

I rest my case.

:wink:
  • Options
    Got three last week any idea of the menu yet?
  • Options

Got three last week any idea of the menu yet?

Not confirmed yet, @DANTHEADDICK.

Good to hear you're joining us, though.
  • Options
    Ok thanks glad it's back after last year thanks for your hard work on this