Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player of the Year Dinner is back

Comments

• Options
    What a waste of time and energy.
  • Options
    iainment said:

I suppose it would be to someone who never goes to Charlton.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Why not go the whole hog and say money too? Lucky some of us disagree.
  • Options
    Two weeks tonight and tickets are still available. There will be one extra special award this year which I think will prove popular with everyone. (No, it is not Roland's leaving present). Make sure you do not miss out and buy your ticket now. This may just be a season to remember.
  • Options
    Just bought my tickets. I debated whether to go or not - all things considered - but decided that I wanted to support the efforts of the team, and those of our loyal organisers.
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Just bought my tickets. I debated whether to go or not - all things considered - but decided that I wanted to support the efforts of the team, and those of our loyal organisers.

A night on the tiles eh Del.............see what I did there.............I'll get me coat :smile:
  • Options

delroofer said:

A night on the tiles eh Del.............see what I did there.............I'll get me coat :smile:
    Very good Mike. If had said I wanted to get felt I would have been slated. Back to you.
  • Options
    delroofer said:

Fantastic, Del !

See you in 2 weeks' time !
  • Options
    Tickets still available until close of play on Monday 30th April. Don't miss out in this highly explosive season. There will be one big surprise among the awards and with the play offs still a strong possibility and a massive news story about to break (possibly), you need to be where the action is. See you at the POTY Dinner on 7th May.
  • Options

Tickets still available until close of play on Monday 30th April. Don't miss out in this highly explosive season. There will be one big surprise among the awards and with the play offs still a strong possibility and a massive news story about to break (possibly), you need to be where the action is. See you at the POTY Dinner on 7th May.

I TOLD them last week that something special would be happening but no-one believed me !

Oh ye of little faith !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018

I TOLD them last week that something special would be happening but no-one believed me !

Oh ye of little faith !
    Fanny, this is a little bit confusing?
    Are you both saying that there will be something special happening at the award dinner or something happening re a takeover as kjl has mentioned a massive news story in his post?
  • Options

Oh ye of little faith !
    Ten of us going.
    See you there Fanny x
  • Options

Oh ye of little faith !
    Fanny, this is a little bit confusing?
    Are you both saying that there will be something special happening at the award dinner or something happening re a takeover as kjl has mentioned a massive news story in his post?
    Possibly both....

....maybe !

Definitely one of the two but a second likely.

How many tickets would you like, @SoundAsa£ ?

:smile:

• Options
    Would love to attend Fanny but living too far away nowadays for a late journey home on a weekday night!
    Have a ton of fun Fanny (and indeed all you lucky folk who will be there)and looking forward to that/those surprises.
  • Options

Would love to attend Fanny but living too far away nowadays for a late journey home on a weekday night!
    Have a ton of fun Fanny (and indeed all you lucky folk who will be there)and looking forward to that/those surprises.

That's a shame.

Would have loved to see you there.

Local Travelodge overnight not an option for you ?
  • Options

That's a shame.

I am also going to Rochdale.......so that much traveling in a couple of days would be rather OTT.
    But thanks for thinking of me.
  • Options

That's a shame.

I am also going to Rochdale.......so that much traveling in a couple of days would be rather OTT.
    Will look out for you at Rochdale.
  • Options

That's a shame.

Will look out for you at Rochdale.
    Don't worry Fanny, we're looking after the old fella.

• Options

FF - as ticket sales close today I'm not going to risk missing out. Two more places for me, please.
  • Options
    Do kids still go to this event or is it adult only?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbie8 said:

Do kids still go to this event or is it adult only?

Kids CAN attend but no concessions for them as the event is based around dinner, drinks, awards, speeches plus the addition of an auction this time.

Kids would be expected to sit in their seats with no running around during the above( from apprx 7-9 pm)

Over the past 7 years that I've been involved, I'd guess only around half a dozen under 12's have attended.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Many tickets left? I was due to be away on Monday but now not, did look online but the link no longer works.
  • Options
    Many Thanks, sounds great. We used to attend and have a table between our group and we used to enjoy the evening but sadly we stopped going because it appeared to have a lot of kids attending and it turned into a night for autographs. I may well re consider if this is the case.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee, you can book by ringing the ticket office.
  • Options
    I might be a bit of a stickler for these sort of details, but am I right in thinking the article doesn’t say what day the event is?
    clive said:
  • Options
    Well spotted. Bank Holiday Monday 7th May !!
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Well spotted. Bank Holiday Monday 7th May !!

I’d rather it started at 2 with a 7 course meal than 7 with a 2 course meal.
  • Options

I might be a bit of a stickler for these sort of details, but am I right in thinking the article doesn’t say what day the event is?

clive said:
    Indeed it doesn't, AFKA.

Oh well, a bit late to amend now ( although not my work) but guessing if anyone still wishes to purchase, then they'll check the date when calling the Ticket Office.

Please make that call ASAP as I believe the TO closes at 5pm ?

Would be great to see more Lifers' names on the final list I'll be receiving later today .