Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pompey allocation (ed. 50 left)

Comments

• Options
    So, how many left?
  • Options
    well not sold out as if i wanted i could of just purchased 20 on general sale.
  • Options
    Not been Pompey before.

Does the away end get lots of sun, just want to know which factor to wear.
  • Options

i know im one for slagging our away support off but this is dreadful this game shouldn't of even made general sale easily the most attractive away game of the season, nice weather a decent array of drinking establishments, haven't played them for that long, train and match ticket for under 50 quid.

Stop pretending to Charlton Life that you’re posh.
    See you at 9:30!
    haha see you Saturday morning with a big bag of cans ( ill nip to waitrose en route )
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Not been Pompey before.

Away end now covered,used to get wet there.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Not been Pompey before.

Not now it has a roof. I'm planning to be pissed and burnt by midday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Be helpful if the club could clarify the ticket situation this morning if @Ollywozere or any of the others are reading
  • Options
    if getting tickets i would personally go and get them instead of relying on postage
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Curb_It said:

i know im one for slagging our away support off but this is dreadful this game shouldn't of even made general sale easily the most attractive away game of the season, nice weather a decent array of drinking establishments, haven't played them for that long, train and match ticket for under 50 quid.

what makes me chuckle is that we are one of the worst for slagging millwall off for there away support im pretty sure they shifted over 2000 midweek away at bradford.

im also fully expecting the threads coming sunday/monday about how disgracefully bad our supporters behaved etc.

Who cares if we haven’t sold out. I’m sure a few more will go. Can’t you Just look forward to the day without banging on?

just posting an opinion as if we get someone like shrewsbury the majority that attend away games wont get tickets as most aren't valley gold members.

and i also find the levels of hypocrisy quite annoying.

i can look forward to something and also have an opinion on it, what more could you ask for sun, beer and charlton hopefully winning infront of a decent away following.
  • Options
    Enjoy the day, keep out of trouble and hopefully a positive result on the pitch.
  • Options
    Just bought 4 from club shop tkt lass. Said about 200 left.
  • Options
    Ive suddenly decided I am now interested in going to this game. Im after 12 spares, PM me.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Ive suddenly decided I am now interested in going to this game. Im after 12 spares, PM me.

there's 200 left at the club ?
  • Options
    Just ordered 3 tickets, only my 3rd away game so far this season, worst i have managed ever i think.
  • Options
    As promised, I will post tonight on places to go, pubs, and other interesting things about Portsmouth .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Hope everybody who does go enjoys it :)
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Only 912 Pompey at Bradford last night for the midweek 520 mile round trip

And Luton sell out thier allocation to Carlisle for the promotion clash a league below we didnt, I guess we just have more 'stag do's, weddings, nightshifts and I had hoped to make this but can't now' moments than other clubs.
    Reasons a Charlton fan can't make an away game;

Jan and Feb ; paying off Xmas credit card bills
    March and April; paying for season ticket renewal
    May, June & July; paying for summer holiday
    August; on summer holiday
    September; attends annual away game.
    October & November; saving for Christmas
    December; it's Christmas, too many family commitments

None of these afflictions affect fans of any other club.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Curb_It said:

what makes me chuckle is that we are one of the worst for slagging millwall off for there away support im pretty sure they shifted over 2000 midweek away at bradford.

im also fully expecting the threads coming sunday/monday about how disgracefully bad our supporters behaved etc.

Who cares if we haven’t sold out. I’m sure a few more will go. Can’t you Just look forward to the day without banging on?

just posting an opinion as if we get someone like shrewsbury the majority that attend away games wont get tickets as most aren't valley gold members.

i can look forward to something and also have an opinion on it, what more could you ask for sun, beer and charlton hopefully winning infront of a decent away following.
    The majority that attend which away games? Gillingham and Millwall? Peterborough and MK Dons? Or the hardcore who go regularly?

Valley Gold probably has about 1,500 members now. Many of them are elderly and/or never go away in any circumstances. I’d be surprised if 300 of them would go to a midweek away play-off at Shrewsbury, for a game that would be live on Sky.

All the people who go away regularly could be accommodated at Shrewsbury several times over - capacity 1,796.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Anyone got any ideas for pubs on Saturday? Always like the froddington arms on the high street but there are so many good ones.

The Sheppards Crook is probably the best pub for away fans near the ground and a decent outside are if the sun is shining. To be fair there are a lot of crappy pubs in Pompey with the best bars being in Gunwharf Quays. Can walk to ground from there in about 20 minutes or a big taxi rank also there. Portsmouth harbour station also 2 minute walk round the corner and can catch a train to Fratton. I live on the Isle of Wight so hopefully can find a pub that will have a good Charlton following :-)
  • Options

Curb_It said:

The majority that attend which away games? Gillingham and Millwall? Peterborough and MK Dons? Or the hardcore who go regularly?

Valley Gold probably has about 1,500 members now. Many of them are elderly and/or never go away in any circumstances. I’d be surprised if 300 of them would go to a midweek away play-off at Shrewsbury, for a game that would be live on Sky.

All the people who go away regularly could be accommodated at Shrewsbury several times over - capacity 1,796.
    I get the impression that a significant number of the regulars to away games, especially the less attractive ones, are the elderly (VG) types...
  • Options

Curb_It said:

I get the impression that a significant number of the regulars to away games, especially the less attractive ones, are the elderly (VG) types...
    But at those games the numbers are small overall.
  • Options

Be helpful if the club could clarify the ticket situation this morning if @Ollywozere or any of the others are reading

Travelling back from Shrewsbury, but working on it and waiting to hear back from base. As of yesterday, there were just under 300 remaining.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

the wimbledon crowd a few weeks back i saw nobody that i recognised and i do around 10/15 away games every season admitedly less this season.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

the wimbledon crowd a few weeks back i saw nobody that i recognised and i do around 10/15 away games every season admitedly less this season.
    There was no difficult getting tickets for that game originally though. Understandably people didn’t want to go there again. It had nothing at all to do with Valley Gold who was there.