Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pompey allocation (ed. 50 left)

Comments

• Options

When was the last time we won in front of a big away following?

25th May 1998
    yes, it's amazing we actually won that day seeing our record in 'big' games is so poor

It could be argued that we didn’t actually win it, Sunderland lost it.
    It was a 4-4 draw.
  • Options
    Just see BBC news weatherman getting all excited expecting temps to get up to 24c end of next week. Could be a great day in the sun.
  • Options

Just see BBC news weatherman getting all excited expecting temps to get up to 24c end of next week. Could be a great day in the sun.

Sod the football, let's go to Southsea instead!
  • Options
    You have been allocated the full away end - the quarter stands in each corner. Just over 2500. Fill it up!
  • Options
    edited April 2018

You have been allocated the full away end - the quarter stands in each corner. Just over 2500. Fill it up!

If we'd won last night that might well have happened.
  • Options

If we win Saturday we will
  • Options
    It will get sold out. It is going to be a crucial game regardless of last night's result.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Apologies for absence, it's a 600 mile round trip for me, get behind the boys, make plenty of noise and bring back the three points. See you all at Shrewsbury the Tuesday before? :wink: .
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    E-cafc said:

It will get sold out. It is going to be a crucial game regardless of last night's result.

As someone else said, especially if we win on Saturday.
    Should be a great atmosphere.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Apologies for absence, it's a 600 mile round trip for me, get behind the boys, make plenty of noise and bring back the three points. See you all at Shrewsbury the following Tuesday? :wink: .

Stay overnight you part-timer. That'll break the journey.

Besides, 600 miles is nothing to see the best team in the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

Apologies for absence, it's a 600 mile round trip for me, get behind the boys, make plenty of noise and bring back the three points. See you all at Shrewsbury the following Tuesday? :wink: .

Ok I'll go if you go AND buy me beers :wink: .
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Ok I'll go if you go AND buy me beers :wink: .
    I don't mind buying you a drink.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

If you count it as a big away following...

Brentford 1-2 Charlton, 5 March 2016
    Callum Harriott double.

Or the season before...

Norwich 0-1 Charlton (Jackson 86')
    Reading 0-1 Charlton (Vetokele 39')

Don't have the away numbers for these fixtures to hand though so might not have been "big" numbers.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Operation Pompei, it is then. Hopefully, we’ll turn up for a big game, for once

All we need now is for somebody to organise a boat from Greenwich to Portsmouth...quick trip down the Thames, hang a right and keep the coast on your right. What could go wrong ?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Operation Pompei, it is then. Hopefully, we’ll turn up for a big game, for once

• Options

We’d sell whatever we were given at Wembley no problem, people underestimate everyone who would come out of the woodwork for such a game + mates etc

No chance. This would be a League One play-off after four disastrous years under Duchatelet not a triumphant return to the Premier League. The turnout for the Full Members Cup, our first Wembley appearance for forty years was pitiful - around 15,000. I reckon we'd do very well to get 25,000 to the League One play-off final, but even better to make it.
  • Options

We’d sell whatever we were given at Wembley no problem, people underestimate everyone who would come out of the woodwork for such a game + mates etc

No chance. This would be a League One play-off after four disastrous years under Duchatelet not a triumphant return to the Premier League. The turnout for the Full Members Cup, our first Wembley appearance for forty years was pitiful - around 15,000. I reckon we'd do very well to get 25,000 to the League One play-off final, but even better to make it.
    No way, the first appearance at the new wembley and the 20th anniversary since our last wembley game? I honestly think people would be falling over themselves for a ticket, we arent like Blackpool who have been to wembley multiple times in recent years so fans can justify boycotting it more easily.

On top of the regulars, you would get most of the boycotters returning, lapsed fans from the prem days who live locally still, exiles who dont want to miss the chance the see us at wembley. Plus many of these will bring mates who support other teams for the day out.

If Leyton Orient can take 22K to Wembley (in 2014), we should at least be hitting 30K.
  • Options
    Let's hope we get to find out who's right.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Fill it easy, if there's 27k prepared to come to the Hartlepool celebration game , then 35k for Wembley will be a given, no problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just booked for the Lass and myself, see you there
    COYA
  • Options

Well, Charlton did insist on selling the tickets only at Selhurst Park, which in those pre-internet days was a factor. I don’t think they posted them out either.

They claimed for security reasons they couldn't sell from the Valley Club - and then did so for the play-off games two months later.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

No way, the first appearance at the new wembley and the 20th anniversary since our last wembley game? I honestly think people would be falling over themselves for a ticket, we arent like Blackpool who have been to wembley multiple times in recent years so fans can justify boycotting it more easily.

On top of the regulars, you would get most of the boycotters returning, lapsed fans from the prem days who live locally still, exiles who dont want to miss the chance the see us at wembley. Plus many of these will bring mates who support other teams for the day out.

If Leyton Orient can take 22K to Wembley (in 2014), we should at least be hitting 30K.
    And if Millwall can take 40,000+.....of course we would sell out.
  • Options
    That's only because they want to invade the pitch, kick off with eachother and stuff police hats up their jumpers. We don't do any of those things ;)
  • Options

Fill it easy, if there's 27k prepared to come to the Hartlepool celebration game , then 35k for Wembley will be a given, no problem.

Wasn’t that £5 a ticket?? Vs probably £30-70 for a play-off final.

That said, I think we’d maybe just manage it.
  • Options

Just 2 words then.....

Hot pants !
  • Options
    DamoNorthStand had hot pants earlier according to The needing to go thread.
  • Options

Wasn’t that £5 a ticket?? Vs probably £30-70 for a play-off final.

That said, I think we’d maybe just manage it.
    £10 if bought early.
  • Options

25th May 1998
    yes, it's amazing we actually won that day seeing our record in 'big' games is so poor

Technically we drew!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    el-pietro said:

25th May 1998

Technically we drew!
    In Jose Mourinho’s guidebook, you are correct