Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pompey allocation (ed. 50 left)

Comments

• Options

el-pietro said:

When was the last time we won in front of a big away following?

25th May 1998
    yes, it's amazing we actually won that day seeing our record in 'big' games is so poor

It could be argued that we didn’t actually win it, Sunderland lost it.
    Technically we drew!
    In Jose Mourinho’s guidebook, you are correct
    Also in you know, all record books. Games that go to penalties are recorded as draws.
  • Options
    Moved my house move date so I could go to this game specifically. This is the game of the season as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    What pub then?
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Best place to park? Came down for a friendly a few years back and can't remember where we parked!

I'm guessing your car will have been towed a long time ago
    Brilliant. Really made me laugh that.
  • Options
    Anyone got any ideas for pubs on Saturday? Always like the froddington arms on the high street but there are so many good ones.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Anyone got any ideas for pubs on Saturday? Always like the froddington arms on the high street but there are so many good ones.

The Good Companion is the away fans pub - 10 minutes walk from Fratton Park
  • Options
    yeah on the 9.30 imagine will be a popular train, there is 2000 plus charlton fans in attendance so think we will head for the harbour area? any other ideas welcomed
  • Options
    Southsea is where a lot are heading for.
  • Options
    having never visited pompey or the area is fratton walkable from harbour or southsea areas?, or jump back on train to fratton station
  • Options
    edited April 2018

having never visited pompey or the area is fratton walkable from harbour or southsea areas?, or jump back on train to fratton station

Jump back on the train from Harbour I'd say, mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're going to the harbour, then train to Fratton. £4.10 return apparently.
  • Options

Harbour is 2 stops from Fratton, only Portsmouth and Southsea station in between.

As I said before, I worked in the Dockyard for 7 years, so i'll give a run-down of places to go later tonight, prob while the game is on - Harbour is def the best place to go, if you go to Southsea, it'll just be for a pub crawl.
  • Options
    Come on all let's sell all tickets for sat now and get behind the team.coyr.
  • Options
    A win puts us five points ahead of them with two to play. An absolutely huge game now. COYR
  • Options

_MrDick said:

Operation Pompei, it is then. Hopefully, we’ll turn up for a big game, for once

All we need now is for somebody to organise a boat from Greenwich to Portsmouth...quick trip down the Thames, hang a right and keep the coast on your right. What could go wrong ?
    Miss the the turning and end up on the isle of wight
  • Options
    Please don't be charlton and let us down! Buzzing for this now

Let's be having you! Where are you
  • Options
    Will post some 'stuff' about Pompey tomorrow - didnt get a chance in all the excitement.
  • Options
    How many we sold?
  • Options
    2,100 i believe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pompey at Bradford tonight - proper support!!
  • Options

Pompey at Bradford tonight - proper support!!

Of course. You do know how many Pompey fans live in West Yorkshire.
  • Options

Embarrassing if we can’t sell out a game of this magnitude. Even Gillingham would shift them!

They'll be gone by midday.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

2,100 i believe?

More than enough to make a lot of noise on Saturday...any more sold today will just be icing on top
  • Options
    Win this and they are out of the picture
  • Options

Win this and they are out of the picture

Yep, even a draw is a good result, but be good to knock them out of the equation.