Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Lee Bowyer - Caretaker Manager (Jackson Assistant)***

Comments

• Options
    @The Red Robin just for clarification, Jason Euell has a Pro License which was achieved around this time last year I believe.
  • Options

Any other club this would be a masterstroke and we will wipe the floor with green Argyle blood buoyed on by two old boys at the helm.

But this is Charlton. And because of that i will be expecting the usual kick in the nuts come 5 o'clock Saturday...

Invest in a cricket box mate, well worth it :wink: .
  • Options
    Sage said:

@The Red Robin just for clarification, Jason Euell has a Pro License which was achieved around this time last year I believe.

Cheers @Sage
  • Options
    Sage said:

Is Euell the only qualified manager at the club?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Sage said:

Currently I think so in terms of Pro License, unless Steve Avory has one? Jackson I believe may have his A License, we also have Keith Peacock too.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Sage said:

se9addick said:

Sage said:

Currently I think so in terms of Pro License, unless Steve Avory has one? Jackson I believe may have his A License, we also have Keith Peacock too.
    I was think Avory might also.

Not sure Jackson or Peacock have their badges.

Are there limitations on what Bowyer can do as he doesn't have the correct certifications?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Sage said:

se9addick said:

Sage said:

Are there limitations on what Bowyer can do as he doesn't have the correct certifications?
    Jacko has been working at his badges since 2012. If he hasn't completed them yet he will be nearly there. There was a pic on his insta not that long ago of him and a few others at st George's park for a day of it.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Sage said:

se9addick said:

Sage said:

B License which Bowyer has at present means he can be a head coach for academies up to 16 years old, and be an assistant manager at a professional club.

A License, which Jackson has I think, means he can be a manager of a professional club up to the second division.

Pro License which Euell has means he can manage anywhere in the world.

So as things stand, Bowyer can only be caretaker manager with his B License for a certain amount of time. How long that is I am not aware of. But I would assume he will go back to being an assistant once Kewell comes in.
  • Options
    Has Kewell got a pro licence?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Sage said:

se9addick said:

Sage said:

se9addick said:

Sage said:

B License which Bowyer has at present means he can be a head coach for academies up to 16 years old, and be an assistant manager at a professional club.

A License, which Jackson has I think, means he can be a manager of a professional club up to the second division.

Pro License which Euell has means he can manage anywhere in the world.

So as things stand, Bowyer can only be caretaker manager with his B License for a certain amount of time. How long that is I am not aware of. But I would assume he will go back to being an assistant once Kewell comes in.
    I hope Kewell doesn't come in... I am desperate for RedHenry's lot to storm to a finish :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    seth plum said:

Has Kewell got a pro licence?

Yes

https://youtu.be/KfXQnaiYd0s

• Options
    Bowyer's first press conference live on Valley Pass any time now - https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/live-video
  • Options
    I do wonder if they will ask Euell or someone to sit in the bench with them as an extra pair of eyes in an unofficial capacity. Especially if Jacko is going to need to be involved on the pitch at some point - probably tomorrow as we have no one else.

Jacko usually is on an ear piece to the analyst who sits in the West upper. Perhaps Euell or someone could do that.

Equally could have Avory or Gallen do it temporarily.
  • Options
    TBH i think the Bowyer/Jacko caretaker combo will only in be in place for tomorrow, im sure the new owners will look to bring in their own man ASAP.
  • Options
    I am enjoying the interview.
    But wins are what count.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I am enjoying the interview.
    But wins are what count.

Think he's acquitting himself well. Feeling a bit more positive about tomorrow.
  • Options
    Reading his comments via. twitter I like what he says as he's getting to the point

As Seth says though, goals win matches, not words - He's almost had the same sort of Footballing Education that Harry Kewell has had so hopefully we get the same sort of bounce that Crawley got from him
  • Options
    Thought he interviewed very well, looked nervous at the start but relaxed into it. I hope he gets off to a good start tomorrow and perhaps the new owners may stick with him and JJ and give them a chance, its all about being in the right place at the right time, I hope LB/JJ are in that position now. I would suggest from what he said he is not going to accept any 'slackers' on the pitch and maybe just maybe we will get the new manager bounce. First impressions for me were very good, but as others have said its wins that he and we need. Good luck tomorrow Lee.
  • Options

Thought he interviewed very well, looked nervous at the start but relaxed into it. I hope he gets off to a good start tomorrow and perhaps the new owners may stick with him and JJ and give them a chance, its all about being in the right place at the right time, I hope LB/JJ are in that position now. I would suggest from what he said he is not going to accept any 'slackers' on the pitch and maybe just maybe we will get the new manager bounce. First impressions for me were very good, but as others have said its wins that he and we need. Good luck tomorrow Lee.

Has he the badges though ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Has he the badges though ?

Can he not get them while being in position? I'm not sure of the rules to be honest @ShootersHillGuru
  • Options
    Have we got a keeper for saturday?
  • Options

TBH i think the Bowyer/Jacko caretaker combo will only in be in place for tomorrow, im sure the new owners will look to bring in their own man ASAP.

They've got to bring themselves in first!
  • Options
    Anyone considered calling them bojack (horseman)?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The emergence of Bowyer was the era when I had my season tickets, my unswerving devotion to the club. When Charlton was all that mattered. Funnily enough I never really took to Lee, despite his undoubted talent. However I wish him nothing but the very best.
  • Options
    We only sing the managers name. No need to change tradition.

JJ’s time will come.