Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket - Summer of 2018

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Rashid lbw Sharma 6

177-8

England had no reviews left & it was missing leg stump as the commentators expected.
  • Hawkeye or whatever it's called showed the ball missing leg.
    With no reviews left he has to go.
    Some of our reviews are really poor.
    Something we have to address in my opinion.
  • 240-9

Broad lbw Bumrah 17
  • edited August 2018
    At 86-6 it was looking like we'd struggle to make 150.
    I was hoping that we could make 250 to possibly make a game of it.
    But never really thought it possible.

Curran 77 no.
  • 246 All Out

Curran b Ashwin 78

Inevitable after I posted he was 77 no.
  • That Curran is rubbish, he should be dropped again
  • India 19-0 cop.
  • Pretty poor bowling this evening. It sometimes surprises me that 2 bowlers as experienced and good as Anderson and Broad can get things so wrong in such short sessions.
  • Been out all day & only caught some of the highlights (?) on Sky.

DRS. Imo fundamentaly flawed. Like VAR it is there to right the wrong decisions. Rashid was NOT OUT......so how comes he's back in the hutch.

Reviews should not be down to the players....don't know the answer but clearly the current system is wrong. Perhaps penalty runs for wrong reviews...ie, Root not sure if he's outside leg when trapped lbw & goes for the review as we are 4 down for next to nothing & he's clutching at straws. In that instance he may not chance a review if it will cost the team 10 or 20 runs.

I remember when DRS was first introduced & one commentator said it shouldn't be left to the players out in the middle & if it was around it Boycs day then he'd have used them all up himself within a few overs.
  • The problem with DRS is that it tends to be used by the best batsmen, rather than for the dodgiest LBWs

"We can't afford to lose Root or Kohli, let's review. "

Previously this didn't matter so much, as reviews were reset after 80 overs. Thus, late order batsmen had a chance of reviews being left!
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45355068

3 day strike of South Western trains. I had considered going down on Sunday if the game was still on, but not if the trains are disrupted
  • The problem with DRS is that it tends to be used by the best batsmen, rather than for the dodgiest LBWs

Previously this didn't matter so much, as reviews were reset after 80 overs. Thus, late order batsmen had a chance of reviews being left!

I don't think it matters for England as we very seldom, bat past 80 overs

I don't think it matters for England as we very seldom, bat past 80 overs
    Sadly true. 76 overs was all we lasted yesterday
  • Rahul lbw Broad 19 37-1
  • And another top order batsman burning a review
  • Dharmasena on fire out there

might get looked at when a captain like Root, Kholi, Clarke (Oz), Gayle etc gets on the wrong end of a howler (ala Broad a few years ago when he edged to slip & didn't walk) and they wonder why there are no reviews left because the openers have reviewed one which was maybe a bit high & they thought they'd review it & proved to be hitting & so wasted one.

Rashid was clearly not out. Everyone at home could see it 30 secs after he was back in the pavilion. He could see it, the dressing rooms could see it, even the 3rd umpire could see it (presumably he saw the tv replays even if he didn't actually look at it himself just as a matter of course). Only ones that didn't are the ones that matter - the 2 umpires on the pitch.

Oh well, not as if DRS was there to back up the umpires. Lets just use it for the "entertainment" effect then.
  • Dhawan c Buttler b Broad 23 50-2
  • jennings is bowling ? ...oh i get it now ,they want him to be an all rounder (cant) bat,bowl or field
  • lolwray said:

jennings is bowling ? ...oh i get it now ,they want him to be an all rounder (cant) bat,bowl or field

Potentially 8 different bowlers if Stokes and Root have a go this innings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kohli c Cook b Curran 46
    142-3
  • Top score when batting...gets Kohli out
  • Our slip fielding has been shocking this series.
    Root drops another one.
  • Rahane lbw Stokes 11

161-4 That was as close to a no ball as you'll ever get.
  • Pant lbw Ali 0 (29 balls without scoring)

181-5 at tea
  • Hardik Pandya c Root b Ali 4

189-6
  • First HERO MOEEN of the summer
  • Ashwin b Ali 1

195-7
  • What is this 'Dom Bess' of which you speak
  • Moeen!

And Moeen! before I can finish the post!

On a hattrick