Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth v Charlton | Sat 21 Apr | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Currently sitting in my Riyadh apartment eating Arabic bread and humus after just purchasing my iFollow credit for the game. Can't remember the last time I felt so nervous and am not even there!!

Confident enough though to have just purchased my return flights to cover the play off final weekend!! That'll do it!!! :neutral:

Your afternoon sounds lovely.

Am I the the only one who finds all this positivity extremely concerning?
    Buying the flight home is just a touch of 'self' kidology SD! I'm just trying to mask my usual 'glass half empty' character traits!!!!
  • Options
    On the train, first away game and second game this season, being a cafc pessimist
    1-1 no good for either side
    Thanks to whoever is putting up players marks
  • Options
    It is cold. Bring a jumper
  • Options

This is true. Just had to go Portsmouth Primark and get our lad a sweater.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Currently sitting in my Riyadh apartment eating Arabic bread and humus after just purchasing my iFollow credit for the game. Can't remember the last time I felt so nervous and am not even there!!

Confident enough though to have just purchased my return flights to cover the play off final weekend!! That'll do it!!! :neutral:

Your afternoon sounds lovely.

Am I the the only one who finds all this positivity extremely concerning?
    Buying the flight home is just a touch of 'self' kidology SD! I'm just trying to mask my usual 'glass half empty' character traits!!!!
    It's a terrible thing to do. You've jinxed it all completely.
  • Options
    Need to avoid defeat...we wont 3-0 to them...
  • Options

I hope the football makes up for missing out on the sun and warmth in London...
  • Options

Thanks for the heads up, but my beer coat will keep me warm.
  • Options
    Is Fosu fit - that is what I need to know? :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This is true. Just had to go Portsmouth Primark and get our lad a sweater.
    Was going to do the same but the options of Ralph Lauren and Armani at gun wharf didn't meet my budget jumper needs!
  • Options
    billy clarke

@billyclarke7
    32m32 minutes ago
    More
    Come on the boys today!! What a game to be involved in. Got to relish playing in that atmosphere. Bring the points home!
  • Options

out of interest, where do you keep the bread?
    Cupboard or Fridge?
    Freezer mate. :wink:
  • Options
    Looks like a straight 4-4-2

Amos

Konsa - Pearce - Bauer - Page

Reeves - JFC - Kashi - Fosu

Ajose - Magennis
  • Options
    Reeves - JFC - Kashi - Fosu. Assuming a diamond formation, Kashi i defensive holding position but which on plays the number 10 role? anyone of the three could
  • Options
    Or a diamond with Kashi holding and Fosu in behind the strikers...
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Yeah I like it, especially if it's a 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield. I suspect it will be Kashi at the base of the diamond, giving JFC more freedom, which I thought he did very well with on Tuesday. The key will be in midfield, playing it with some pace, getting close to each other then moving off the ball, and looking to create opportunities for those front three to get at Pompey's back line.
  • Options
    seen Pompey a few times on the box this season and they always seem to get the benefits of penalties and opposition sending off's - bit like playing at the Den ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think it might be a draw, which is not really enough for either us or Pompey. 1-1
  • Options
    Away game at Portsmouth is always going to be tough. No idea how this will go because our form is so unpredictable. Going to have to be a monumental effort to overcome home advantage but it’s possible. However we are Charlton so 2 - 0 to Pompey.
  • Options
    No mavididi?
  • Options

No mavididi?

Injured.
  • Options

0-1
    we score early and hang on.

I just wet myself.
  • Options

How have Portsmouth coped with a decent sized and noisy away crowd in Fratton Park ? - we know Charlton have tended to roll over at the Valley this season when there’s been a decent away crowd and it’s probably no coincidence that the two teams vying for the automatic spot are located in godforesaken spots that nobody ever wants to go to so it could be in L1 having a good away support makes the difference on the day...right, I’m off to find some more straws...

A noisy away end having that effect...who’d have guessed?
  • Options

1-0 win Charlton...Ajose is finally going to get the goal he deserves!

Anyone want to LOL now?
    Great result though with an amazing atmosphere!
  • Options

A nervy 1-0 win with us being under the cosh for almost the whole second half.

I’ve got a really good feeling about tomorrow. I think we will win and I think we may even have an upset in either Plymouth or Scunny matches

Give this a promote, Admin
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

We have a horrific record against Kenny Jackett, have we ever beaten him?

We have now.
  • Options

1-0 win Charlton...Ajose is finally going to get the goal he deserves!

Anyone want to LOL now?
    Great result though with an amazing atmosphere!
    There you go!
    Ajose goal from a Magennis flick on. Something I thought might never happen!
    Great win.